Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    This is the thing,
    We care about privacy, we know about the build and software quality. We know about the hub, blend (if it comes), touch enabled world class physical keyboard, We know how productive a BlackBerry device can be and we are excited about getting access to a new world of apps and accessories (smartwatch for example). For me, $699 is a price I am willing to pay for all of the above. This is a premium device by BlackBerry and should be priced as one.

BUT

Nobody else outside this community knows about it because they ditched their BlackBerries ages ago.
    Everybody knows that they can get a Nexus/Motorola/OnePlus/whatever premium device for less, but all of the above should be enough for people to realize that if they care productivity, security, privacy and everything BlackBerry stands for, in a modern device, they can get it for a good, reasonable price.

This "launch" rollout is a disaster. Every piece of news about the Priv concentrates on how bad the front camera is (we don't know that yet, Pixels aren't everything) or how expensive the device is. They are fed from rumors and ignorance.

BlackBerry doesn't have to have a launch event, but to let the world know that the device is out by posting a blog is just absurd.

BlackBerry need to tell the world why privacy matters and what they are doing to keep it with the Priv.
    They need to show how productive and convenient it is to have all messages in one place, with an access to your coming events.
    They need to remind everybody what it's like to type on a real keyboard or scroll and see your whole screen at the same time.
    They need to face the rants of potential buyers by explaining why Snapdragon 808 is a good choice (810 overheat), When will they release a Marshmallow update, Why fingerprint reader is not secured etc...
    They need to stop using their social accounts to market it because we're the only followers.

I only hope that the carriers will know how to use the device advantages to justify the price.

They need to wake up fast.
    dejanh likes this.
    10-24-15 07:00 PM
    No. All cell phones are over priced. Not just the Priv.
    MGDania and BerryRipe like this.
    10-24-15 07:14 PM
    Obamaphones are not overpriced, they're free...

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 07:15 PM
    Obamaphones are not overpriced, they're free...

Posted via CB10
    I laughed outloud at seeing your CB screen name, My sons and I Love Burn Notice - especially Chuck -

"ok, I hate everything about this already" - "Easy Peezy"...

STL100-4 10.3.2.2789
    10-24-15 07:24 PM
    build quality? you mean the lifting screen, loose volume keys, loose battery, loose battery cover, double typing, flickering screen, bending, keys that dont even work?
    software quality? you mean the contacts app that has been broken for 3 years now? call lag? half assed apps like the blend that could be the **** if they didnt fire all their developers? the facebook app that keeps dropping connection and not sending my messages? the ****ty camera software with ****y autofocus? the ****ty cloud implementations in the file managers that takes MINUTES to open a freakin folder?
    privacy? prove it...

and i didnt even talk about the stuff you didnt mention:

terrible customer service, no stores to go to for help. world of hurt if you have to get your device fixed
    who knows when they will eol this phone. this is their third os in just three years. they even told ppl many times that if this device doesnt sell then they close down their hw business. i wont pay 800 eur for a device that may be eol'd next week because noones dumb enough to pay that much
    their cross platform apps are all terrible. i dont have too much faith in an all android device from them...
    asking 800eur without marketing at all? apple/samsung calculates the price of their phones with marketing included. blackberry asks for 800 eur without doing any marketing. they probably earn more on a single device than apple
    dejanh and Doggerz like this.
    10-24-15 07:34 PM
    I laughed outloud at seeing your CB screen name, My sons and I Love Burn Notice - especially Chuck -

"ok, I hate everything about this already" - "Easy Peezy"...

STL100-4 10.3.2.2789
    Thanks, I enjoyed the show with my family as well....alas most on CB do not get the pseudonym.

Posted via CB10
    zephyr613 likes this.
    10-24-15 07:53 PM
    build quality? you mean the lifting screen, loose volume keys, loose battery, loose battery cover, double typing, flickering screen, bending, keys that dont even work?
    software quality? you mean the contacts app that has been broken for 3 years now? call lag? half assed apps like the blend that could be the **** if they didnt fire all their developers? the facebook app that keeps dropping connection and not sending my messages? the ****ty camera software with ****y autofocus? the ****ty cloud implementations in the file managers that takes MINUTES to open a freakin folder?
    privacy? prove it...

and i didnt even talk about the stuff you didnt mention:

terrible customer service, no stores to go to for help. world of hurt if you have to get your device fixed
    who knows when they will eol this phone. this is their third os in just three years. they even told ppl many times that if this device doesnt sell then they close down their hw business. i wont pay 800 eur for a device that may be eol'd next week because noones dumb enough to pay that much
    their cross platform apps are all terrible. i dont have too much faith in an all android device from them...
    asking 800eur without marketing at all? apple/samsung calculates the price of their phones with marketing included. blackberry asks for 800 eur without doing any marketing. they probably earn more on a single device than apple
    I have very good experience with their build quality. My PP screen lifted and I returned it to Amazon for a full refund.
    Software - Their social apps are terrible - but it doesn't matter now. The contact and calendar are great, I can't live without the hub and I use blend every day.
    Camera - Z10/Q10/Z30/Classic/Leap hardware is nearly 3 years old. and you're right about the software, but they have Google's software now for the camera.
    It doesn't matter that this is their 3rd OS in just 3 years because now it's Android and not BB11.

I honestly can't understand why they priced it at 800 Euro. I expected 700 euro, which is still expensive, but a good price for a premium phone.

As for the customer service - it is terrible. However, I don't know how other customer services are, they might be as bad.

I am talking about marketing the reasons why Priv is better than the alternative, not how bad their BB10 social and camera apps are, that doesn't matter anymore.
    10-24-15 08:09 PM
    Thanks, I enjoyed the show with my family as well....alas most on CB do not get the pseudonym.

Posted via CB10
    Haha "I've got half a bottle of tequila at the hotel... what? they say don't drink the water" Love that show!
    10-24-15 08:13 PM
    I have very good experience with their build quality. My PP screen lifted and I returned it to Amazon for a full refund.
    Software - Their social apps are terrible - but it doesn't matter now. The contact and calendar are great, I can't live without the hub and I use blend every day.
    Camera - Z10/Q10/Z30/Classic/Leap hardware is nearly 3 years old. and you're right about the software, but they have Google's software now for the camera.
    It doesn't matter that this is their 3rd OS in just 3 years because now it's Android and not BB11.

I honestly can't understand why they priced it at 800 Euro. I expected 700 euro, which is still expensive, but a good price for a premium phone.

As for the customer service - it is terrible. However, I don't know how other customer services are, they might be as bad.

I am talking about marketing the reasons why Priv is better than the alternative, not how bad their BB10 social and camera apps are, that doesn't matter anymore.
    Priced like this because they have to make profit or shut down hardware....just business....

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 08:14 PM
    I'm with you on this. While the PRIV is priced in proportion to what it offers (when compared to the competition), all these phones are high.

I have long wondered why mobile devices are priced like a *good* laptop computer that has much more power and can do much more.

 Posted via CB10 on my Q10 
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-24-15 09:00 PM
    Yep. High end phones especially

Posted via CrackBerry App
    10-24-15 09:18 PM
    It's overpriced. It's a BlackBerry, not an iPhone. Need to be competitive, don't price it like an Apple. Dumb decision by BlackBerry. Again.

Posted via CB10
    BGRS, dejanh and BerryRipe like this.
    10-24-15 09:25 PM
    It's overpriced. It's a BlackBerry, not an iPhone. Need to be competitive, don't price it like an Apple. Dumb decision by BlackBerry. Again.

Posted via CB10
    Even us, bb die hard here will wait for Priv price to drop before considering buying. And they expect ppl to buy a new product from the company that has no experience supporting mass deployment of android OS. As a matter of fact they don't even have experience with supporting bb apps on android. They are where they are because for all this time they were under impression that their product is equal to others. Wrong....
    10-27-15 08:09 AM
    How much do you think it costs to educate the public in order to sell 5 million smartphones?

If you "educated" the next 100 people you met, how many would go out and buy the Priv? Not very many. Most would be in the middle of their contract. Others would be tied to a specific carrier like Verizon. Still others would be using hand-me-down phones from a spouse or whatever. Some would be using phones issued by work. Some would be brand loyal and only use iPhones.

It's easy to assume that people if given an "education" would come to the same conclusion but how often is that really the case?
    nonamenomore likes this.
    10-27-15 08:20 AM
    BlackBerry made a Slider. Probably the cleanest and thinnest slider to date. It is not just a slab. Yes Samsung made a slab with two edge on it and priced it at whatever they did. (I seems to recall see edge 6 + for 7-800 bucks as well new but that's besides this point).
    BB added a bigger battery and a FULL PHYSICAL Keyboard so why is the price of $699 for almost the exact same dimensions with better camera etc and better software overpriced?
    Obviously, if the KB is not important to you get a Samsung edge 6 plus and live with their ****ty software.
    Just the Hub and KB shortcut and the use of a FULL screen while using the KB it seems to me more than make up for the price.
    yulkes and BerryRipe like this.
    10-27-15 08:27 AM
    BlackBerry made a Slider. Probably the cleanest and thinnest slider to date. It is not just a slab. Yes Samsung made a slab with two edge on it and priced it at whatever they did. (I seems to recall see edge 6 + for 7-800 bucks as well new but that's besides this point).
    BB added a bigger battery and a FULL PHYSICAL Keyboard so why is the price of $699 for almost the exact same dimensions with better camera etc and better software overpriced?
    Obviously, if the KB is not important to you get a Samsung edge 6 plus and live with their ****ty software.
    Just the Hub and KB shortcut and the use of a FULL screen while using the KB it seems to me more than make up for the price.
    $700 is a maybe, but where i live it costs ~890 euros ~ 983 USD. although its still pretty tempting... fml.
    10-27-15 08:36 AM
    Priv has to prove it has better or same WIFI, cell signals, and actual results of its camera with iphone to say it is not over priced.
    10-27-15 08:37 AM
    I'd pay $699 for the phone. But $899.00 cdn...is a bit hard to justify. that's my ONLY issue at the moment.
    10-27-15 09:04 AM
    It isnt blackberry that has the experience with android. They are backed up by google. They are working very closely with them like when Motorola lauched the G/X.

Yes the marketing is bad but they dont need to be good in that field because this phone is not for the masses.

It is targeted at high end crowd, business people that have their office at the penthouse, that has a rolls and a helicopter to drive arround... these people care about security.

I do not expect that every 16 year old kid will be carrying a Priv in their pocket.

Remember the original iphone when was launched? Crazy price and didnt had any apps... it was an axclusive thing to have. And people who want to give the impression of being exclusive bought it.

Now if all the famous rappers and pop stars show a Priv as their phone maybe people will follow that path of exclusivity.

Just my 2 cents.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 09:26 AM
    My buddy who was stoked about the PRIV decided to skip it because of the price. He's a Note user, but he is price conscious, which is typical for Android users. I on the other hand am not price sensitive at all. I have both a Passport and an iPhone 6s Plus 64GB right now, purchased outright. However, I also do not feel that the PRIV justifies the price BlackBerry is asking for it, so I've decided to sit this one out as well, at least until I see a $100-$150 CAD drop in price.

Some may think that we're odd-balls and that somehow the rest of the market will flock to this device. I'm afraid the reality will probably be quite different. With that said, we don't yet know the carrier pricing, including carrier subsidized pricing. That may make some difference to move the needle in the right direction. The presale numbers are abysmal if you just watch the inventory movement.

this phone is not for the masses.

It is targeted at high end crowd, business people that have their office at the penthouse, that has a rolls and a helicopter to drive arround... these people care about security.

I do not expect that every 16 year old kid will be carrying a Priv in their pocket.

Remember the original iphone when was launched? Crazy price and didnt had any apps... it was an axclusive thing to have. And people who want to give the impression of being exclusive bought it.

Posted via CB10
    Do you really believe that or are you being sarcastic? Rolls-Royce? Helicopter? Somebody who gets around in a personal helicopter will be getting a Vertu, not because it is better or anything, but because they can. The PRIV is a phone for the masses, just overpriced. It would be fantastic for BlackBerry if every 16-year old would use a PRIV, but that's not going to happen because the phone is so expensive. And yeah, I do remember the iPhone launch, they had to drop the price because nobody wanted to buy it at the exorbitant prices Apple was trying to charge https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_iPhone
    Last edited by dejanh; 10-27-15 at 09:44 AM.
    10-27-15 09:27 AM
    It isnt blackberry that has the experience with android. They are backed up by google. They are working very closely with them like when Motorola lauched the G/X.

Yes the marketing is bad but they dont need to be good in that field because this phone is not for the masses.

Now if all the famous rappers and pop stars show a Priv as their phone maybe people will follow that path of exclusivity.

Just my 2 cents.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah and you are living in fantasy land.

Google worked as closely with Blackberry as they did with Motorola? WTF are you talking about? Google owns Motorola.

Rolls Royces and Penthouses? Please, I hope that was a joke because you can't possibly believe that. And people bought the iPhone when it launched at its price because there was nothing else like in on the market. People didn't go out and buy it just so that they could say they had one. They bought it because it actually made a smart phone something that the general public could use and even then they had to eventually drop the price.
    10-30-15 08:22 PM
    Yeah and you are living in fantasy land.

Google worked as closely with Blackberry as they did with Motorola? WTF are you talking about? Google owns Motorola.

Rolls Royces and Penthouses? Please, I hope that was a joke because you can't possibly believe that. And people bought the iPhone when it launched at its price because there was nothing else like in on the market. People didn't go out and buy it just so that they could say they had one. They bought it because it actually made a smart phone something that the general public could use and even then they had to eventually drop the price.
    I thought Google sold Motorola to Lenovo.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 09:56 PM