When I plug my Blackberry Priv into the charger, it charges for a few minutes then stops. I have to unplug the charger and then plug it in again and it charges for a few minutes again. It hasn't charged fully for weeks. I have tried multiple chargers including an iPad charger and have the same problem. Does anyone have this issue and what can I do about it? I sent it into a repair centre and they couldn't fix it.
    11-09-17 01:59 AM
    You sent it to a repair center.... Was this under warranty and with BlackBerry repair center, or just a local repair shop? If under warranty I'd stay on that track and have them fix it.

If not under warranty.

Doing a factory reset without restoring any data would be one thing to try and rule out it being software related. After that there isn't much you can do.... PRIV batteries are a "niche" product and hard to come by. And from the tear-down videos they aren't easy to swap out. You could spend a lot of money and it still not be fix as it could on the board. You'd be better off buying a refurbish or used unit.... or just moving on.
    11-09-17 07:31 AM
    Priv batteries were reasonably available six months ago (I've changed two for people) and they are easily changed through the back panel which is very easy to remove.

Of the "non-removable battery" devices that Priv is the easiest I've ever done this job on; it took me about 15 minutes as there's literally nothing to it. The only tricky part is making sure you don't damage the ribbon cable going to the buttons when removing the back (which pretty-much just snaps on and off.)
    11-09-17 11:32 AM