My one month old priv (stv-100 4) turned off while I was sleeping.when I woke up I assumed I somehow turn it off while asleep. Went to work and an hour after the phone is non responsive (black screen) and the led light lits one color at a time. I can't turn it off.
    Anybody knows what should I do???
    Pls help!!

Posted via CB10
    05-22-16 01:37 PM
    Hold down the power button for 40 seconds.
    05-22-16 01:57 PM
    From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.
    05-22-16 02:01 PM
    The screen remains black no matter how long I press the power button and the led light keeps on blinking...nothing...
    I ve never experienced anything like that..
    Any other suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    05-22-16 02:21 PM
    05-22-16 02:31 PM
    Ty my friend! I will try this when I get home..
    Thank God I had my passport with me as a backup.....

Posted via CB10
    05-22-16 02:33 PM
    You might also just plug it in so that it has a decent charge when you try some of the solutions.

Good luck.
    05-22-16 04:39 PM
    You might also just plug it in so that it has a decent charge when you try some of the solutions.

Good luck.
    It was /is fully charged unfortunately..

Posted via CB10
    05-22-16 04:59 PM
    So I did follow the steps: I downloaded the driver and the 1.8gb autoloader zip file but can't proceed with the process since my priv is still non responsive when I press the power button and volume down button in order to reboot....
    I'm in a real dead end here ....

Posted via CB10
    05-24-16 02:09 AM
    Hold at the same time at least 5 seconds?
    05-24-16 02:25 AM
    Hold at the same time at least 5 seconds?
    I holded them for more than 30secs

Posted via CB10
    05-24-16 02:51 AM
    The screen remains black no matter how long I press the power button and the led light keeps on blinking...nothing...
    I ve never experienced anything like that..
    Any other suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    Yes this happen to me as well led blinking only ,try connect to pc and run the flashshel.bat
    05-24-16 02:54 AM
    Yes this happen to me as well led blinking only ,try connect to pc and run the flashshel.bat
    Will try this later tonight although on the support site it says extract and open all files from the zip file. Extract where?

Posted via CB10
    05-24-16 10:07 AM
    What I did was made a folder contain the zip file and extract the zip file there and run the flashshel.bat
    05-24-16 10:14 AM
    This happened to my Priv during one of the monthly security updates; after a trying all of the above and BlackBerry Support I had to get a replacement under the warranty. Hope you have better luck!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-24-16 10:28 AM
    This happened to my Priv during one of the monthly security updates; after a trying all of the above and BlackBerry Support I had to get a replacement under the warranty. Hope you have better luck!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Omg this is no good news since there is no licensed BlackBerry dealer or support in my country I guess this will take a looong time... thx for sharing

Posted via CB10
    05-24-16 11:52 AM
    Omg this is no good news since there is no licensed BlackBerry dealer or support in my country I guess this will take a looong time... thx for sharing

Posted via CB10
    Oh I see why you need the serial number, where you locate?
    05-24-16 11:54 AM
    I'm in Athens Greece...

Posted via CB10
    05-24-16 12:20 PM
    So I managed to call the BlackBerry support hotline. 30 mins on the phone and the guy on the phone told me that it definitely is a hardware issue... I guess I wasn't lucky...
    They ll contact me again within the next 48hours with more details on the matter.
    My dilemma now is this:
    In order to take advantage of the one year warranty the device came with, I should send the device abroad to BlackBerry service since as far as I know there is no licensed service center in greece.this procedure will take at least a month.
    So, should I do this and wait so long or should I just take my device to one of the big electronics repair firms here and get it fixed??
    What would u do?

Posted via CB10
    05-25-16 03:08 AM
    Is the autoloader can't fix it? I would try the autoloader first
    05-25-16 03:54 AM
    Is the autoloader can't fix it? I would try the autoloader first
    No it doesn't work since the device doesn't turn on.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-16 03:55 AM
    No it doesn't work since the device doesn't turn on.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry to hear, I would send it to BlackBerry not the other I'm afraid they don't know how to fix it
    FF22 likes this.
    05-25-16 04:09 AM
    So I managed to call the BlackBerry support hotline. 30 mins on the phone and the guy on the phone told me that it definitely is a hardware issue... I guess I wasn't lucky...
    They ll contact me again within the next 48hours with more details on the matter.
    My dilemma now is this:
    In order to take advantage of the one year warranty the device came with, I should send the device abroad to BlackBerry service since as far as I know there is no licensed service center in greece.this procedure will take at least a month.
    So, should I do this and wait so long or should I just take my device to one of the big electronics repair firms here and get it fixed??
    What would u do?

Posted via CB10
    I would recommend sending the device back to BlackBerry for repair / replacement .I just hope that you still have an old device to use until your Priv will come back !
    05-28-16 08:10 PM
    I would recommend sending the device back to BlackBerry for repair / replacement .I just hope that you still have an old device to use until your Priv will come back !
    Will sent the priv from Greece to Italy where the authorized shop is. Fortunately, I still have my passport...

Posted via CB10
    fanisk likes this.
    05-28-16 08:39 PM