03-16-17 03:34 PM
165 123 ...
tools
    Hi all, I got a Priv on Nov 13th and I absolutely love it. Great toy. Great tool. Battery life awesome. With 1-2 hours per day streaming audio books to my car and another 2-3 hours streaming slacker radio at my desk and about 6 accounts in the hub; battery is still almost always > 50% at bed time (11PM) after unplugging it starting at 6:30AM.

The only problem I have is an intermittently recurring No SIM card error. It started 7 days after I got the phone. I would look at the phone and see the error, but the device had already reconnected to the SIM and was working again. Once I did have a call dropped because the SIM was lost but within about a minute it was found again. Problem occurs maybe 6 times a week. I have taken out and cleaned the Bell SIM card twice. SIM card was new with the phone. On Dec 5th I went and bought a second Bell SIM card praying the problem was just with the SIM. Unfortunately I have had the error 3 times since then.

I am so happy with the device, I have it setup just the way I like. Am hoping I do not have to do a warranty swap/repair. My Google search suggests this problem is NOT common with the Priv but there were some issues on the Passport.

Is anybody else having this issue?

Any S/W or settings solutions I can try before reaching out to BlackBerry?

I always find that Forum support trumps Vendor support so I turned here first. Everybody knows the CrackBerry community is fantastic.

If I do have to go through a warranty repair/replace does anybody have any experience? Am I going to be able to deal directly with Bell or are they going to send me to BlackBerry?

Thanks

Twis
    12-07-15 09:36 AM
    I had this problem on a Priv from AT&T.

AT&T was good about the problem they first gave me a new SIM and when that did not fix the problem they gave me a brand new phone on the spot 2 days later when I could return. They additionally extended my "return time".

My symptoms were exactly the same as yours, would intermittently lose the SIM, or I would have no signal in places I knew the signal should be strong.
    twis and techvisor like this.
    12-07-15 11:02 AM
    Thanks! Hopefully Bell handles the situation as well as AT&T. So far not so much. They made me buy the SIM card with a promise that if I called in and complained I would likely get a credit on my next bill. Truthfully I was happy to shell out the $12 in the hopes that it solved the problem. Appreciate you letting me know I am not alone.
    rssz30 likes this.
    12-07-15 11:07 AM
    I also just got a Blackberry Priv and love the phone. I have been also getting the "No SIM Card" error the last few days and I've had my phone only about 2 weeks. It's brand new SIM card that came with the phone. My cellular service is through Rogers, I actually had to order my phone, Rogers didn't stock them at the time, so I hope that if this error keeps happening they will give me a new sim card.
    12-08-15 09:28 AM
    I also just got a Blackberry Priv and love the phone. I have been also getting the "No SIM Card" error the last few days and I've had my phone only about 2 weeks. It's brand new SIM card that came with the phone. My cellular service is through Rogers, I actually had to order my phone, Rogers didn't stock them at the time, so I hope that if this error keeps happening they will give me a new sim card.
    I would definitely go to a Rogers store and tell them you are having this problem. Down here AT&T gave me a 2nd SIM no questions asked they want you to use your phone, it's how they make money If a 2nd SIM doesn't fix the problem, it's a problem with the phone and you need to have it replaced then, at least that was my experience as above.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-08-15 11:56 AM
    Had a similar issue on one of our Privs (multi-Priv law firm) and the issue seemed to go away after the update.

Please update with your resolution when/if you find one. Thanks!
    12-08-15 12:23 PM

AT&T was good about the problem they first gave me a new SIM and when that did not fix the problem they gave me a brand new phone on the spot 2 days later when I could return. They additionally extended my "return time".

My symptoms were exactly the same as yours, would intermittently lose the SIM, or I would have no signal in places I knew the signal should be strong.
    I essentially had the exact same experience when I got my Priv launch weekend from AT&T. My new Priv has worked flawlessly.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-08-15 12:59 PM
    I did the upgrade yesterday through my carrier - Bell. Have not had the issue since. The issue is so sporadic that 24 hours without a No SIM error does not 100% confirm the update fixed the problem, but it is promising.
    12-09-15 01:30 PM
    Disappointed to say that almost exactly at the 48 hour mark after the update the problem started again. In the last 24 hours it has happened at least 8 times. but only for a couple of seconds each time.

Still looking for a solution if anybody finds one.
    12-11-15 09:53 AM

So did this fix the issue and it was a bunk unit? I'm having the same problem and going to the carriers store to try a different sim, but tech support ready said they will replace.

Thanks!
    12-11-15 11:46 AM
    Disappointed to say that almost exactly at the 48 hour mark after the update the problem started again. In the last 24 hours it has happened at least 8 times. but only for a couple of seconds each time.

Still looking for a solution if anybody finds one.
    Are you using a holster or a pouch?

I used to see this problem a lot but I think it has something to do with the way I insert it, considering the location of the sim card slot. I tried inserting it top first (instead of bottom first) and did not see the problem anymore.

12-11-15 12:20 PM
    So did this fix the issue and it was a bunk unit? I'm having the same problem and going to the carriers store to try a different sim, but tech support ready said they will replace.

Thanks!
    I wound up with a new phone, 2 days later I was having the exact same problem.
    12-11-15 12:59 PM
    I am using a blackberry flip case. Problem has occurred when the device was sitting on my bedside table with no applications open. It has also happened when in my pocket. No apparent rhyme or reason for it. Just blew out the SIM slot and dusted off the SIM card with canned air. No problem in 2 hours. Again; good sign but not conclusive evidence that the problem has been solved.
    12-11-15 01:43 PM
    Same problem here. After 2ND ATT SIM card I received a new phone in mail today. Have to take old and new to ATT to have them transfer everything to new and return old for warranty. Hopefully with new Priv problem is gone.

Posted w/ a Perv's Priv!
    12-13-15 07:30 AM
    Since the update last Monday, I now receive the message New Sim Card Found instead of the No Sim Card message. I have to do a restart to "reactivate" it. I guess it's time to call BB and get a new Priv.
    12-13-15 02:57 PM
    Had a similar issue on one of our Privs (multi-Priv law firm) and the issue seemed to go away after the update.

Please update with your resolution when/if you find one. Thanks!
    I got that once after a reboot. I got the repeating Sim card error pop-up, couldn't access my music on SD card and files were lost.
    The SD card in mounted as well.But after the last update,upgraded and improved the bugs in the os.

вιaсĸвεггч ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    12-13-15 03:05 PM
    I am curious if you have found a solution to the Sim Card Not Found problem with your BB PRIV.
    My PRIV has the same issues. A new SIM Card did not fix the issue for mine either...

Thanks in advance
    12-19-15 11:27 AM
    I am curious if you have found a solution to the Sim Card Not Found problem with your BB PRIV.
    My PRIV has the same issues. A new SIM Card did not fix the issue for mine either...

Thanks in advance
    Got new Priv through ATT as warranty after try new SIM with no luck. Haven't had problems since new Priv. Been over a week now.

Posted w/ "El Priv"
    12-20-15 10:46 AM
    Did you trying pulling out the sim and reseating it before you received your replacement device?
    12-20-15 10:49 AM
    Thanks jt597! I just exchanged my 2 week old PRIV under warranty for a new one. Cranking through turning off all the notifications / disabling all the junk apps, and installing the system update again...
    12-20-15 07:46 PM
    I just started having this problem as well. Had my priv since Nov 10 with no probs until a couple days ago. Any solutions? Really don't want to have to exchange the unit.

12-22-15 09:17 PM
    Ive had this problem until tonight (I hope!) when i read in another thread about the battery issue related to Network modes. What i did, as the thread author did to solve his issue, was to go to mobile network settings and choose "4GLTE&4G&3G" only instead of the other options. It seems to work for me but its only been a few minutes so im hoping this helps!
    12-22-15 11:43 PM
    Hey Simon, after extensive research and carrier support phone calls for technical assistance, I didn't find any solutions. I have had a new PRIV now on exchange warranty for 4 days now and haven't had any issues at all. Hoping it remains that way, as it took a fair bit of time to customize everything to my liking again. Best of luck to you. Merry Christmas!
    12-24-15 09:59 AM
    Hi Everybody,
    I have not had the problem since Saturday (5 days). Not sure what I did differently, if anything. I removed the flip case and have been carrying it "naked" for 6 days. Not sure if that helped solve the problem. I am also wondering if the problem is more to do with the signal / carrier than it is to do with the device. About 90% of the times I got the No Sim card error I was at home. I live in a fairly remote area with somewhat more sketchy cell service than when I am at work. At work I do not know if I have ever got the problem. STS14B's suggestion to go to mobile network settings and choose "4GLTE&4G&3G" may be the right fix if it is more of a carrier : device incompatibility than simply a device problem. Like pipewrench I have my device setup exactly as I like it, no love it. I really do not want to go through the customizations again.

Merry Christmas Everybody.

Long Live BlackBerry! (Shares up again today)
    12-24-15 11:17 AM
    My brother has had the same problem on his new Priv the last 4 days straight out of the box. He was cursing and ready to return it. After pressing the sim card into the holder firmly, the phone has hooked up to the network. Before the fix, the phone was hot as hell and the battery was lasting only 4 hours. Now running cool and battery drain at typical rate. Seems the sim card slot tolerance is slightly too wide, or there is play in the holder.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-15 05:37 AM
165 123 ...