Hi guys,
    I've had the Priv for over 2 years now, and after many complications with the Ota fix update the phone finally updated and I updated many of my apps.
    Yesterday I used a dodgy charger where my phone did not seem to charge well and this morning after I updated the Google app the phone restarted and would not charge at all with my normal chargers. It finally got to 5% at one point where I tried to reboot into Safe mode but it died.

I have tried pushing the power button for 16 + 32 seconds and the power button/volume down button but no reaction.

Could it be a software problem? If so is there a way for me to undo that last google update or any recommendations to somehow reset the battery? I have left it charging it now for a couple of hours and still no reactions.

Thank you in advance
    12-23-18 02:38 PM
    Welcome to CB... sorry to hear about problems. My suggestion would be to use best charger and best cable (factory original BB PRIV that came with device if possible) and charge overnight.
    12-23-18 08:52 PM
    Thank you, and thanks for your response. Okay i'll give that a go. It's been charging for 6 hours at least now, but i'll change cables and let it be overnight.
    12-23-18 09:20 PM
    Hi,
    I charged it overnight and nothing happened.
    Are there any other tips to be able to reset it or reboot it?
    Thanks
    12-24-18 04:57 AM
    Hi,
    I charged it overnight and nothing happened.
    Are there any other tips to be able to reset it or reboot it?
    Thanks
    Now, unplugged but hopefully charged, I would do 32 second reboot with just power button.
    12-24-18 07:02 AM
    the LED should pulse green if it is charging.
    12-24-18 01:05 PM
    It didn't go green at all im afriad

It flashed amber a couple of times then nothing since then. Does that indicate anything?
    12-25-18 07:43 AM
    Hi,
    no it didn't seem to work. Either the battery is completely dead or its a software issue. How can I test to see which one it is?
    12-25-18 07:44 AM
    happened to me. has nothing to do with the update; serendipity. I would venture a guess your microUSB is shot or (as in my case) the solder block behind the microUSB has been fried; sadly it's a part on the motherboard.

you may need this…

Qi Fast Wireless Charger,Toward Qi Charger Stand Pad Quick Charger for Samsung Note8 S8 Plus S8 S7 Edge S7 Note 5 S6 Edge Plus and Standard Wireless Charger for iPhone8,8 Plus,iPhone X,No Adaptor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076CMPWG7...UvbUpU13325912

and this…

Wireless Charger Power Bank, YGIVO 10000Mah 3 in 1 Qi Power Bank and Qi Wireless Portable Charger for iPhone x/8/8 Plus,Samsung Galaxy S6/7/8 and More (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076D7L6VC...UvbUpU13325912

I have both. My priv charges with QI included internally. Not all Priv models do. You must check first. If yours doesn't have QI built in, you are sunk.

With mine, the stand works well. Soe stands do not because the placement of the coil in the Priv is very low. The wireless powerbrick QI is great allowing several recharges. It has microUSB, USB-c, and USB-a connections and QI. It also has a QI receiver and charges itself on the stand.

Good luck.
    12-25-18 01:23 PM