Was thinking of getting a Priv from Verizon. Apparently they are "No Longer Available ". In case anyone was considering.

Posted via CB10
    qwerty4ever likes this.
    05-04-17 01:34 PM
    You can get unlocked at ShopBlackBerry for $299. But I will save now for KEYᴼᴺᴱ!
    05-04-17 01:37 PM
    You can get unlocked at ShopBlackBerry for $299. But I will save now for KEYᴼᴺᴱ!
    ShopBB does not sell Verizon cmda versions of the Priv.

Yup on Verizon site: Filters: Showing 0 products: BlackBerry

Still waiting to see what they do with the Keyone and Verizon models.
    bluesqueen23 and dbollman423 like this.
    05-04-17 03:00 PM
    Let's hope they are quicker on the uptake of the KEYone than they are with security updates.
    bluesqueen23, FF22 and dbollman423 like this.
    05-04-17 03:16 PM
    ShopBB does not sell Verizon cmda versions of the Priv.

Yup on Verizon site: Filters: Showing 0 products: BlackBerry

Still waiting to see what they do with the Keyone and Verizon models.
    You can buy factory unlocked CDMA versions on Amazon or eBay that work on Verizon. They have no Verizon bloatware and mine gets updates with the other unlocked phones, but mobile Hotspot, hd Voice, and wireless calling don't work.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-04-17 05:43 PM
    You can buy factory unlocked CDMA versions on Amazon or eBay that work on Verizon. They have no Verizon bloatware and mine gets updates with the other unlocked phones, but mobile Hotspot, hd Voice, and wireless calling don't work.
    Thanks for the info.

Tradeoffs!
    05-04-17 06:29 PM
    Might check best buy and b&h photo too. I don't remember if they carry cdma unlocked versions, but worth a look.
    05-04-17 07:49 PM
    After looking at the reviews on Amazon it seems like a hit/miss type of proposition. Several say that they were, in effect, sold GSM phones when they were specifically buying because it said CDMA.
    05-05-17 03:26 PM
    After looking at the reviews on Amazon it seems like a hit/miss type of proposition. Several say that they were, in effect, sold GSM phones when they were specifically buying because it said CDMA.
    I purchase mine on Amazon from Magic Mobile Partners. Definitely a CDMA version I had a very good experience and would recommend using them.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-05-17 04:31 PM

The Priv is no longer available on ShopBlackberry.
    05-05-17 05:33 PM
    I wouldn't trust any model for Verizon unless it specifically says a Verizon model. I'm almost betting that at least one corporate store in your area will have one in stock. They still do in the Nashville, TN area.
    05-05-17 05:52 PM
    The Priv is no longer available on ShopBlackberry.
    ShopBlackBerry UK, German.. PRIV is there.
    05-05-17 06:17 PM
    Verizon CDMA models for PRIV were never available on shopblackberry.com. Only factory unlocked with multiple disclosures that only GSM models sold on shopblackberry.com and not compatible with CDMA networks of Verizon, Sprint or US Cellular.

Amazon or Ebay should be considered like an online swap meet. You have to be very careful believing what sellers post or picture. Check physical Verizon stores if you want a Verizon PRIV or caveat empor.

Posted via CB10
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    05-05-17 07:23 PM
    Verizon CDMA models for PRIV were never available on shopblackberry.com. Only factory unlocked with multiple disclosures that only GSM models sold on shopblackberry.com and not compatible with CDMA networks of Verizon, Sprint or US Cellular.

Amazon or Ebay should be considered like an online swap meet. You have to be very careful believing what sellers post or picture. Check physical Verizon stores if you want a Verizon PRIV or caveat empor.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. I would even message seller and make them verify. It's just as bad as the sellers that would sell "unlocked" and not specify if they were factory unlocked or carrier unlocked. Had to be diligent.
    05-05-17 08:07 PM
    My theory is that the Priv has actually become a collectors item. They are the LAST phone physically manufactured by BlackBerry (Research In Motion).

Posted via CB10
    05-05-17 08:15 PM
    ShopBlackBerry UK, German.. PRIV is there.
    That sounds about right.
    I wonder if they just moved the unsold Priv inventory from the US site to UK and Germany.
    So that the KeyOne would be the only physical keyboard device officially available in the US.
    05-06-17 02:40 AM
    Well, it's been around for about 1.5 -2 years which is a long time for most manufacturers. Too bad, as I like the phone BUT I'm also hoping that they'll come back with a new and improved Priv instead of just dropping it entirely.
    Mirko935 likes this.
    05-06-17 01:27 PM
    I suspect we've seen the last of the high end BB branded devices, those with keyboards in particular.
    I wouldn't mind being wrong, but am not going to bet on it.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-06-17 08:41 PM
    Best Buy still has factory and carrier unlocked priv's. First time I've seen the factory cheaper than the at&t branded.
    05-16-17 09:18 PM