dear crackberrians... i have a weird question and decided to ask it here instead of android central because at least here i will find some people not biased against the priv for being a bb phone... also, now more people with android experience (which i don't at all) had the chance to check the priv out and my question can be better answered... my wife is ready to upgrade her s4... she will take a look at the priv at an att store, and at least by pictures she likes it... however, since i want her to get the best option and definitely she is staying with android, i was checking some threads and i saw the nexus 6p... despite the fact that the phone has no sd card, and non removable battery (as the priv) the phone seems solid, or at least i think so... big plus is to receive the os updates quickly... downside, from some reviews/journalists, it's the chinese manufacturer... but here again, your privacy is on the spot when you are already getting a google phone... can anyone point me out some other downsides of this phone compared to the priv? because if it is true that the bb app will be available at the GPS for purchase/download then except that my wife chooses the pkb or the edge screen, any android device could get those... any insights would be very appreciate... in the same line, any other android device you can recommend to take a look? she saw a s6 edge and liked it... thanks!
    11-08-15 04:10 PM
    Okay... you can't purchase a nexus 6p in an at&t store or for that matter from any of the carriers. You have to get it from Google if you are planning for one. I am telling you this since you said that your wife is with at&t.
    If you decide to go with it, get a 64 or 128gb version as it lacks external memory card. Stock Android experience is good so your might like it.

As far as the BlackBerry apps for android goes, XDA developers have already managed to extract the apk's and install it in other android phones. The apps meaning everything including the hub.
    If you decided to pickup someother android phone and install BlackBerry software for privacy sake, there is no guarantee that those apps will work in the future as it is simply not designed for it. Also, you can't be sure about the future updates either. It's your choice.

Spec wise priv is not an exciting phone at all. Heck even the nexus 6p has better specs at 550$. But you will miss the physical keyboard which no other phone offers except the BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 04:25 PM
    dear crackberrians... i have a weird question and decided to ask it here instead of android central because at least here i will find some people not biased against the priv for being a bb phone... also, now more people with android experience (which i don't at all) had the chance to check the priv out and my question can be better answered... my wife is ready to upgrade her s4... she will take a look at the priv at an att store, and at least by pictures she likes it... however, since i want her to get the best option and definitely she is staying with android, i was checking some threads and i saw the nexus 6p... despite the fact that the phone has no sd card, and non removable battery (as the priv) the phone seems solid, or at least i think so... big plus is to receive the os updates quickly... downside, from some reviews/journalists, it's the chinese manufacturer... but here again, your privacy is on the spot when you are already getting a google phone... can anyone point me out some other downsides of this phone compared to the priv? because if it is true that the bb app will be available at the GPS for purchase/download then except that my wife chooses the pkb or the edge screen, any android device could get those... any insights would be very appreciate... in the same line, any other android device you can recommend to take a look? she saw a s6 edge and liked it... thanks!
    I'd go Nexus 6p because of the updates. Unless she prefers Samsung/touchwiz. Good luck.

I believe the new galaxy phones come out early in the year so she may want to wait for the "s7".
    11-08-15 04:27 PM
    to be a bit more clear, we are not with att, our carrier is tmobile... but since att has the priv, she went to the store to take a look at the device... she didn't like it too much, but as i told her, 10 min in a store with a device attached to a wall cannot be a way to really try a phone... i have a passport which i love, but i want her to get a phone that she really likes... i ask her to check the forums and see the threads about the phones she is interested in... i would say that the key point in her decision is to have a physical keyboard or not... she makes typos all the time, and you can expect to improve accuracy with the physical kb... now, if at the end she doesn't care about it, then that's when you have some many android options: nexus 6p 128gb, v10 lg, or the samsungs s6 edge or regular... iphones are not an option, she doesn't like them...
    11-08-15 04:39 PM
    to be a bit more clear, we are not with att, our carrier is tmobile... but since att has the priv, she went to the store to take a look at the device... she didn't like it too much, but as i told her, 10 min in a store with a device attached to a wall cannot be a way to really try a phone... i have a passport which i love, but i want her to get a phone that she really likes... i ask her to check the forums and see the threads about the phones she is interested in... i would say that the key point in her decision is to have a physical keyboard or not... she makes typos all the time, and you can expect to improve accuracy with the physical kb... now, if at the end she doesn't care about it, then that's when you have some many android options: nexus 6p 128gb, v10 lg, or the samsungs s6 edge or regular... iphones are not an option, she doesn't like them...
    Have her check out Youtube, probably better

gallopiton likes this.
    11-08-15 04:52 PM
    Happy with priv so far, hoping my next phone will be a windows 10 slider

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-08-15 04:57 PM
    thank you sir, i appreciate it...

Have her check out Youtube, probably better

11-08-15 04:59 PM
    I think you should get your wife a special edition Q10 (white + gold). Its old but very very cool!(eeehm the Classic is just like the Q10 .....just sayn)

Posted via PP
    11-08-15 05:06 PM