11-02-15 11:45 AM
    Sounds more like BlackBerry in the news....

"After an ugly transition period, the Priv arrives in stores nearly two years after concepts for the device began to take shape."

I do remember some details about a slider way back when..... but I bet at that time it was a BB10 Slider.
    11-02-15 11:59 AM

I do remember some details about a slider way back when..... but I bet at that time it was a BB10 Slider.
    Rumors of the "Goliath", the 64-bit octocore BlackBerry phablet, began surfacing in February of 2014. Immediately thereafter rumors of this device running Android quickly followed.

To add: also from the linked article:

"Over the coming weeks, BlackBerry will unveil a marketing campaign it says forgoes the traditional launch event in favour of spending on advertising throughout the crucial holiday shopping season."

So this explains that.
    sirk25 and RyanGermann like this.
    11-02-15 12:04 PM

"Over the coming weeks, BlackBerry will unveil a marketing campaign it says forgoes the traditional launch event in favour of spending on advertising throughout the crucial holiday shopping season."
    So at least there is an explanation.
    11-02-15 02:19 PM
    Rumors of the "Goliath", the 64-bit octocore BlackBerry phablet, began surfacing in February of 2014. Immediately thereafter rumors of this device running Android quickly followed.

So this explains that.
    Miss Verizon in the US, might as well skip Xmas in the US. Hopefully, Santa is nicer to the rest of you.
    11-02-15 02:24 PM
    sucks that they keep saying that this is a last effort bla bla..struggling hardware business etc
    how about an article without any of that?
    RyanGermann likes this.
    11-02-15 02:35 PM
    sucks that they keep saying that this is a last effort bla bla..struggling hardware business etc
    how about an article without any of that?
    You mean saying something like "Mobile device and software maker, BlackBerry, said today..." instead of "Struggling mobile device maker BlackBerry, in the middle of a nigh-impossible mission to transition to a software company, said today"...

Yes, there's a difference, and when people complain about editorial bias against BlackBerry, we're called "paranoid". Really.
    sirk25 and Asvertus like this.
    11-02-15 03:04 PM
    You mean saying something like "Mobile device and software maker, BlackBerry, said today..." instead of "Struggling mobile device maker BlackBerry, in the middle of a nigh-impossible mission to transition to a software company, said today"...

Yes, there's a difference, and when people complain about editorial bias against BlackBerry, we're called "paranoid". Really.
    Yep, something like that; however it seems that this would happen in other articles about other companies. for some reason whoever writes an article about something likes to point out past failures or issues...i guess it's a way to show that they "know" what they're talking about.
    11-02-15 03:14 PM
    Yep, something like that; however it seems that this would happen in other articles about other companies. for some reason whoever writes an article about something likes to point out past failures or issues...i guess it's a way to show that they "know" what they're talking about.
    Yep: I don't think that articles about BlackBerry need to sugar-coat the last few years of business, but putting the negative adjectives in the title or first sentence of an article vs. later in the article where a summary of their business prospects etc. over the last few years could be described certainly is an editorial decision made intentionally, whether meant to actively undermine BlackBerry's reputation or just to be "more flashy". It's mostly the latter to be sure, but the consequences to BlackBerry's reputation are real.
    11-02-15 03:26 PM