Hello dear Priv Users,

today I received the BlackBerry Priv and after 5 years with my Xperia Pro (Android 4.0.1) I am getting into a complete new system. I updated the Blackberry Priv to MM but now I am a overstrained.

Yet I have two question: How do I create a folder? A folder similar like in windows, where I can put Apps inside.

The other thing is: How do I change the Connectionsetting from Priv USB to PC? The only thign I found is, when it is connected to the PC, that I can sweep from the top down menu, but I have only those options: Loadingmode, MTP, PTP and MIDI. I am searching for MTC. Where is it?

Would be happy if some of you could help me to solve all the problems I have yet.
    04-27-16 11:02 AM
    Well this is Android doesn't come with a default file manager so I would recommend looking for one on Google Play. There are lots of options the one that I like is Solid Explorer. If you are referring to the actual apps only just drag an app on top of another and it should give you the option to drop it into a a folder
    04-27-16 11:16 AM
    Well this is Android doesn't come with a default file manager so I would recommend looking for one on Google Play. There are lots of options the one that I like is Solid Explorer. If you are referring to the actual apps only just drag an app on top of another and it should give you the option to drop it into a a folder
    Thanks for the hind with the folder. The Explorer thing seems to be missunderstood. I do not need a new explorer on the Priv itself (I am using ES Data Explore). What I need is, that I can get into folders from the computer on the Priv.
    04-27-16 11:36 AM
    You want to use MTP if you want to drag and drop things from your computer to your Priv. And as far as I know you cannot change the default behaviour - it will be selected on Charge.
    04-27-16 12:21 PM
    You want to use MTP if you want to drag and drop things from your computer to your Priv. And as far as I know you cannot change the default behaviour - it will be selected on Charge.
    No Not mtp. MTP makes the device normaly, that when it is connected, i have the possibility to reach the Smartphone internal Files and the sd card Files. MTC instead is like that your Smartphone is like a USB drive. You have only access to the micro sd but not the internal Drive. On 5.1 it had mtc Option but i used to Update to mm as fast as i could. Instead of MTC i now have MIDI. This doesnt make sense and fRom the computer i dont get any access
    04-27-16 01:27 PM
    No Not mtp. MTP makes the device normaly, that when it is connected, i have the possibility to reach the Smartphone internal Files and the sd card Files. MTC instead is like that your Smartphone is like a USB drive. You have only access to the micro sd but not the internal Drive. On 5.1 it had mtc Option but i used to Update to mm as fast as i could. Instead of MTC i now have MIDI. This doesnt make sense and fRom the computer i dont get any access
    That's Mass Storage. That's gone since Android 4.x.
    04-27-16 01:29 PM
    I have access to both internal drive and microSD card when I switch to that
    04-27-16 02:17 PM
    Well, I had that option on the Lollipop of the Priv, after the MM Upgrade the MTC Mode was removed and I had instead the MIDI where I didnt find out what it is for. Also my Xperia Pro with 4.0.1 has MTC. The big Problem is: I cannot get acces to MM Priv on XP: MTP doesnt work there, PTP was only for pictures or something, MIDI didn't do anything.... For my XP Computer I really need MTC or something that is similar.

However, I had a bad luck ;(... I received the Priv today, instantly updated to MM and then I wanted to figure out how it works.. and I foudn out, that the bottom screenpart was pretty lose and always when touching the screen in the bottom part made some clicks. I found out, that the right case side is not correctly sitting, there was bruise which affected the screen to get a bit higher on that side (thats why it made clicks).. and because it was a Amazon-Warehouse Deal (this issue was not written in the description) I can just return it. Damn.. and it is still very expensive here in germany. Hope to get a cheap deal soon again :-(
    04-27-16 04:31 PM
    when you connect your device to your computer via USB, your device should default to "charge mode" (for security reasons) as you mentioned you can swipe down to your notifications and see one that says "Connected in charging mode"

if you click on that notification you will get the following options

Use USB for
    1. Charging
    2. File transfers
    3. Photo transfers (PTP)
    4. MIDI

if i understand your request you can select "File Transfers" then on your computer you should now see a device "BlackBerry STV100-x" (you may need to refresh or selection file transfer again.. to see internal storage and SD card)

as for the folder option, you cannot create a blank folder, on the home screen drag an icon on-top of another icon and let go..it will "auto" create a folder (should see a grey box around the icons")

you can continue to add apps to the folder and within the folder; change the name by clicking on the bottom name *new folder*

to remove the folder simply remove the icons from the folder or press and hold the entire folder and drag/flick to the top of the screen (remove)

Hope that helps!

Dev
    Product Manager - BlackBerry
    PloufsPuppet and SteelGreek like this.
    04-27-16 04:44 PM
    Thanks,

this is great help! :-) But doesn't Windows XP support file transfers? Because I could upgrade to MM with no problems on the XP Computer, but file transfer mode didn't gave me acces to the phone (but I heard the sound for plug-in). On Windows 7 I had no problems for access. Also the Priv on Lollipop gave me access. Maybe just a Priv on MM bug?
    04-27-16 04:54 PM
    hmmm XP should most definitely support file transfer mode. (as long as the phone is in File Transfer mode) I shall poke a developer and let you know

Thanks

Dev
    PloufsPuppet likes this.
    04-27-16 05:07 PM
    Just because of this great communication to the customers I SHOULD have a PRIV again. AAAH why I was so unlucky with mine I hope to get one soon again to have an equal king smartphone for my eldary xperia pro. Without that bad issue I had, I really liked the material :c
    04-27-16 05:18 PM
    Sorry to hear about the return and do hope you get another good deal. I just wanted to confirm and correct my last statement on Windows XP

Apparently windows XP does not support MTP natively. You need the windows media player pack which is not installed by default. This is why it may not be working on your Windows XP.

Thanks,

Dev
    04-27-16 07:37 PM
    Thanks for the answer. I have tried to find the media player pack via google, but I could find one. Do you know where I can download it? I have Windows XP Home SP3
    04-28-16 03:09 AM
    Thanks for the answer. I have tried to find the media player pack via google, but I could find one. Do you know where I can download it? I have Windows XP Home SP3
    Pretty sure you won't find "Windows Media Player" on Google... he meant for your Windows.

PS: you really shouldn't be using XP anymore.
    04-28-16 07:56 AM
    I've made a mistake: I can NOT find anything helpful on google. Yes, I know XP isn't as good anymore. However my second computer and laptops use XP. So I really need to know.

Also I got another good deal for another Priv . Please share a trick for XP
    04-28-16 12:08 PM
    Hi,

i am not sure if this will be the correct drivers. but try this out and see if this will work.

Download Media Transfer Protocol Porting Kit from Official Microsoft Download Center

Apparently you will also need to have Media Player 11 installed and updated.

hope this helps

Dev
    04-28-16 01:48 PM
    Hi,
    I installed the MPT Driver correctly, but somehow I still can't get onto my files on the PRIV. Also the device manager says with a questionicon unknown device "MTP" :/. When I connect my Xperia Pro as MTP device, it works and no question mark is out there. I also didn't have that on the Priv on Lollipop. BlackBerryteam, can you help please ?
    04-30-16 07:31 AM