Hello all,

I'm sending my KEYone in for repair due to a loose spacebar issue, in the meantime I'm gonna need a phone. I thought about getting the Priv as a secondary backup phone. As the title says, this deal is available. Is it worth it?
    Aside from oveheating which I don't mind tweaking to avoid, any other common issues I should expect? Like random restarts etc...

I know there are threads about this but I'm basically asking if its worth it buying a brand new Priv for 224€ going into 2018 as it won't be supported much longer.

If this thread really bothers ppl/mods then feel free to delete
    11-02-17 07:09 AM
    Hello all,

I'm sending my KEYone in for repair due to a loose spacebar issue, in the meantime I'm gonna need a phone. I thought about getting the Priv as a secondary backup phone. As the title says, this deal is available. Is it worth it?
    Aside from oveheating which I don't mind tweaking to avoid, any other common issues I should expect? Like random restarts etc...

I know there are threads about this but I'm basically asking if its worth it buying a brand new Priv for 224€ going into 2018 as it won't be supported much longer.

If this thread really bothers ppl/mods then feel free to delete
    With the latest software my Priv runs very well for the most part. Usually when a glitch arises, it has been due to an app not playing nicely with the update. Sometimes that is easily fixed but other times I have had to delete the app. Two huge culprits for me have been Facebook and LinkedIn. Both caused major stuttering, lag and overheating issues.

Other than that, no major issues to worry about.
    11-02-17 08:06 AM
    With the latest software my Priv runs very well for the most part. Usually when a glitch arises, it has been due to an app not playing nicely with the update. Sometimes that is easily fixed but other times I have had to delete the app. Two huge culprits for me have been Facebook and LinkedIn. Both caused major stuttering, lag and overheating issues.

Other than that, no major issues to worry about.
    I'd echo this, but add the caveat, some apps seem to be a problem on Android in general just by design. Social Media apps in general with their realtime status, not just Facebook and LinkedIn, seem to be the culprit. Like back when, email clients would kill your battery pulling the old POP box unless you downgraded the retrieval intervals. The extreme that I've heard from some is the Snapchat example. Optimized for IOS and not really beyond the basics with Android.
    11-02-17 08:39 AM
    Link to the offer?

Posted via CB10
    11-02-17 09:53 AM
    Link to the offer?

Posted via CB10
    https://m.ebay.fr/itm/BlackBerry-Pri...%257Ciid%253A1

It's the French eBay. Model STV100-3 with QWERTY keyboard.
    11-02-17 11:16 AM
    Dude, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

I've had a PRIV for nearly a year: did the tweaking for battery life and only use Facebook from the mobile web site (m.facebook.com). I leave location services turned off for the most part and only turn wifi on when I want to do updates.

NO issues with freezing or lag. Works great for me and the screen size is nice.

I'm also biased because my first BB was a Torch 9810 slider and I loved the form factor.
    newcollector likes this.
    11-02-17 12:12 PM
    Dude, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

I've had a PRIV for nearly a year: did the tweaking for battery life and only use Facebook from the mobile web site (m.facebook.com). I leave location services turned off for the most part and only turn wifi on when I want to do updates.

NO issues with freezing or lag. Works great for me and the screen size is nice.

I'm also biased because my first BB was a Torch 9810 slider and I loved the form factor.
    How's the battery life on yours after doing all the tweaks?
    11-02-17 02:05 PM
    How's the battery life on yours after doing all the tweaks?
    Very good, I'm normally hitting bed with between 10 - 50%. Keep this in mind, however:
    • I almost never use it as a PHONE - phone calls use up battery moderately
    • I seldom check Facebook - even from the web FB slurps up a lot of battery
    • I have a large data plan and seldom use WiFi - WiFi can eat battery a bit

Overall, however, it's quite a workable phone. Note that even if I am on the phone a bit I would just stay off of FB, so I'm usually good.

I have had to, on occasion, plug in during the late business day or early evening, but that's once a month, at worst.
    11-02-17 03:43 PM
    I had the Priv and was a good phone did not use the PKB much the VKB was real nice the price is good
    11-02-17 03:48 PM
    Very good, I'm normally hitting bed with between 10 - 50%. Keep this in mind, however:
    • I almost never use it as a PHONE - phone calls use up battery moderately
    • I seldom check Facebook - even from the web FB slurps up a lot of battery
    • I have a large data plan and seldom use WiFi - WiFi can eat battery a bit

Overall, however, it's quite a workable phone. Note that even if I am on the phone a bit I would just stay off of FB, so I'm usually good.

I have had to, on occasion, plug in during the late business day or early evening, but that's once a month, at worst.
    I use FB lite on my KEYone. The app probably won't work straight from the Google Play store because of country restrictions but you can find the apk all over Internet. Should be much easier on the battery and processor. There is also FB messenger lite etc... I also am probably gonna try to lower the screen res to 1920x1080 instead of quad HD, heard it helps tremendously with performance
    11-02-17 06:09 PM