11-05-15 04:16 AM
280 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    Here is my attempt at emulating the Priv promo photos. BB has my permission to use it but should check with the survivors of the model. Wait... There were no survivors.

PRIV New Advertising Image-priv-advert.jpg
    10-28-15 10:43 PM
    It appears they are trying to extend past the corporate professionals with those picture ads. They are trying to bring in a variety of consumers. "Need tho 5 millions sales!" John Chen
    10-28-15 10:45 PM
    new image PRIV New Advertising Image-priv-buy-temp.png
    Biser Kehayov likes this.
    10-28-15 10:52 PM
    I don't know if this was posted yet or not but here is the video
    10-28-15 11:09 PM
    after watching the lg video i want to gag its so ridiculous its way over the top
    10-28-15 11:10 PM
    thats the same video again with different music..
    10-28-15 11:22 PM
    The official "PRIV Feature Overview" and the official "Introducing PRIV" are mashed up in one piece, I suppose.
    10-28-15 11:26 PM
    new image Click image for larger version. 

Name:	priv-buy-temp.png 
Views:	768 
Size:	337.6 KB 
ID:	378014
    Okay BlackBerry needs some professional help. I'm sure there's companies they can pay to help them out, don't be so cheap Chen.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 11:35 PM
    I think that music used sounds from the original Battlestar Galactica series from the 1970s.

It looks like that was not Blackberry's original video but someone laid their music over it... I hope.
    10-28-15 11:36 PM
    Demographically speaking they're going after Boomers and Millennials. Psychographically speaking - self absorbed morons who are semi-professional, recent grads, who swear by vinyl yet subscribe to multiple music clients. Their social worth is based on likes, and their over inflated sense of entitlement is a product brought on by bubble wrap parenting. Basically girls between ages 14 - 34 and hipster ****** bags. The "perfume like" imagery Blackberry is trying to make impressions with, is nothing more then the sum of statistics and graphs, shows no out of the box thinking whatsoever...again. I don't know why this company keeps struggling with identity.
    10-29-15 12:13 AM
    I think that music used sounds from the original Battlestar Galactica series from the 1970s.

It looks like that was not Blackberry's original video but someone laid their music over it... I hope.
    Please note that the soundtrack of the original Battlestar Galactica, composed by Stu Phillips, was symphonic.

You may be referring to https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batt...004_TV_series) .

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 12:15 AM

like that?
    Yes, this is *way, way* better than the other PRIV ad!
    10-29-15 12:46 AM
    Damn, they don't write theme songs like that anymore.
    10-29-15 01:09 AM
    Well, look at it this way, the font changed...amiright?

How do the "it's not for consumers" bunch explain the dude in a tank top?
    He's the em.. CEO of a highly successful Tattoo chain and needs Priv to protect his designs.. em.. yeah.
    dejanh likes this.
    10-29-15 01:39 AM
    different styles for different people? not everyone likes the same thing. perhaps they are trying to appeal to everyone.
    No marketer on the planet would recommend that for a launch - trying to appeal to everyone with a high priced device will lead to you appealing to nobody. 1st year marketing undergraduates know that "people" aren't a market.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-29-15 01:48 AM
    Privacy matter for T-bag.
    PRIV New Advertising Image-t-bag2.jpg
    10-29-15 02:52 AM
    Priv is a ridiculous name not to mention the downgraded OS it runs.
    PRIV New Advertising Image-image.jpg
    10-29-15 05:09 AM
    Perhaps they are different adverts destined for different countries/cultures and publications ie designed to appeal to people across a differing range of societies. I would be surprised if they will use all of them in one place.
    10-29-15 06:50 AM
    I think it's brilliant.

Merely mentioning a household name brand like Scheider-Kreuznach will win 90% of all photographers, that's probably 100 million units in the US right there.

Let Crapple throw around meaningless phrases like "24 hour talk time", "HD video playback up to 14 hours" for the 6S+, the iSheep will eat it up even though they can't comprehend those meaningless measures.

BB instead nails it with "3410 mAh battery" and let's folks do their own EE calculations. Figure 90% of the people in the US who know Ohm's law will buy, that's another 90,000 units right there.

E equal P over I for the win.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped..._Pie_chart.svg
    JeepBB and Elephant_Canyon like this.
    10-29-15 07:28 AM
    I think it's brilliant.

Merely mentioning a household name brand like Scheider-Kreuznach will win 90% of all photographers, that's probably 100 million units in the US right there.

Let Crapple throw around meaningless phrases like "24 hour talk time", "HD video playback up to 14 hours" for the 6S+, the iSheep will eat it up even though they can't comprehend those meaningless measures.

BB instead nails it with "3410 mAh battery" and let's folks do their own EE calculations. Figure 90% of the people in the US who know Ohm's law will buy, that's another 90,000 units right there.

I think(?) you're joking, but if not you greatly overestimate BlackBerry's appeal in the US, awesome phone or not. I'd be surprised (but happy) if they crack 10 million worldwide

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 07:52 AM
    I think it's brilliant.

Lolll

Well this is meant for the high end users, I think they care about the specs. I prefer knowing the battery capacity over the talk time.

Apple is mainstream, different market really.

Zed's Red
    10-29-15 08:14 AM
    I think it's brilliant.

+1, Ohm's Law doesn't get the press it deserves.

I LOL'd at your post, but I suspect your sarcasm might have gone over many people's heads... about as far over as these Priv Ads are going over *my* head!

What are BB trying to say? Who are these Ads aimed at?

I never thought I'd say it, because I thought he was smarter than this, but I'm starting to believe that Chen *wants* the Priv to fail, so he can cancel hardware without protest. He can then shrug and say: "I built an Android phone, and they *still* didn't buy... what more can I do?"
    Cashgap likes this.
    10-29-15 08:32 AM
    Demographically speaking they're going after Boomers and Millennials. Psychographically speaking - self absorbed morons who are semi-professional, recent grads, who swear by vinyl yet subscribe to multiple music clients. Their social worth is based on likes, and their over inflated sense of entitlement is a product brought on by bubble wrap parenting. Basically girls between ages 14 - 34 and hipster ****** bags. The "perfume like" imagery Blackberry is trying to make impressions with, is nothing more then the sum of statistics and graphs, shows no out of the box thinking whatsoever...again. I don't know why this company keeps struggling with identity.
    Sorry, but most folk are self-absorbed morons nowadays, not just the yuppie and hipster demographics.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 08:48 AM
    But how many people are going to understand that distinction? How many people are going to look at this phone and think it's a secusmart type device, when it really isn't that at all?

I don't even think I understand what the privacy features really are here. So there is a feature that logs other apps' access to your location, contacts, etc and alerts you. (btw, I wonder how annoying that will be in reality?) And then there is a score presented to the user with recommended changes to your android settings. Is that it?

I think BB has to be very clear on what these privacy features are and exactly what their limitations are. Otherwise they risk even more damage to their brand if reviewers or researchers or competitors start to call them out on this.
    Go to the BlackBerry Community forums, there is much more involved than just DTEK in security the PRIV.
    10-29-15 08:56 AM
    jeez, tough crowd. these forums are starting to sound like bgr or the verge.
    10-29-15 09:19 AM
280 ... 7891011 ...