Biser Kehayov likes this.
    10-28-15 08:30 PM
    @Ihauntu2 and PapiPabs
    who's to say that BB didn't have a focus group? or is not taking the feedback from blogs etc. the reason i said marketing is no easy task is because there were hundreds of ads that simply failed and i am sure there were focus groups for those before they were released. Focus groups are small groups generally, it is basically a sample of the population you're trying to market to, but they're not reflective of the whole population.
    now that i know which shower ad people are referring to, yes it is obscure, but i didnt think it was that creepy. i didn't see blood in there.

my concern is that BB is still focusing on the privacy aspect, whi is okay for now, but it just needs to do much more. i suspect (hope) that we will see other ads that showcase what the Priv can do and offer in addition to the acquired privacy.
    If they are considering feedback from blogs, it sure doesn't show. Unless their aim was to pick a name/add campaign that was widely considered awful. If that was their goal, they hit the nail on the head.

Posted via BBCB10PP
    10-28-15 08:32 PM
    Well I guess they're finally explaining what those monochrome images were about... it does look better with the voiceover.
    10-28-15 08:32 PM
    Try getting your mind out the gutter
    10-28-15 08:34 PM
    Blackberry is remaining us Halloween is coming

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-28-15 08:36 PM
    This Priv video is a must watch:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1044963

Share the video!

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 08:41 PM
    this priv video is a must watch:

PRIV Feature Overview - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

share the video!

Posted via cb10
    wow! Now this is what we need!
    10-28-15 08:46 PM
    How about this?
    Attachment 377758
    We want more bring us more more more more more
    10-28-15 08:50 PM
    BlackBerry made a worthy high-end device, with specs comparable to other high-end Android devices. The price is a little high, but not outrageous. The name isn't the best... and now this ad campaign... I can only conclude that the same ad agency was used for both the "PRIV" name and the ad campaign. BlackBerry, please fire them.

Privacy is something consumers expect, but not buy into. Consumers want phones that will take good pictures, let them communicate with their friends, etc. This ad doesn't show how BlackBerry has created a device that can do those things. Instead, BlackBerry looks like the old stodgy company still pushing it's security.

Look, BlackBerry, everyone knows you're good at security. Show them that you can do more.
    10-28-15 08:50 PM
    I'm sorry, but that's now how marketing works. Look at other manufacturer's marketing. They have a strategy, a marketing campaign with with some cohesive targeting and image. This is BS, adds almost nothing to de desirability of the device. It's just shooting "privacy" in every direction without making any of their special features stand out. Where's the super AMOLED screen? where's the Edge screen? wheres the touch enabled keyboard? where are all the other features? It's not just all about privacy.

The fact that everybody is complaining here (we are the target consumer), is enought matter to tell you that the marketing is sucking pretty hard.

Look at this ad from the V10... forget about the production quality that blackberry might not have the cash to do, but look at how they display the core features of the phone...

like that?
    10-28-15 08:57 PM
    Looks like they are taking an artistic approach. It seems to be working with everyone in the thread, you're talking about it. The more people talk about it, good or bad, the more others want to see and make their own opinion. Notice how as it gets closer to next week, more and more info images are surfacing. I can see Monday or Tuesday is when carriers will show some kind of add also. Interesting, it's a different approach....or is it? Didn't Apple "leak" bits of the 6s, true and false info, and then released the phone. Blackberry told us it was coming and now one week before its available they are building momentum.
    anon(8865116) likes this.
    10-28-15 09:03 PM

like that?
    Yes like that... (this video that was released an hour ago saved you lol)
    10-28-15 09:09 PM
    Yes like that... (this video that was released an hour ago saved you lol)
    i knew it was coming
    10-28-15 09:23 PM
    I like the advertisements to be honest. they're good fodder for posters and social media. they're basically trying to get away from their old dad image by showing individuality (tattoos) and diversity in terms of age and race. also notice the model like photo shoot. they're trying to be sexy as well. they also show a dad because well some dads really want this phone too

the Priv feature video is awesome but they serve two different purposes.

I'm enjoying the new advertisements. Keep em coming!
    10-28-15 09:29 PM
    Their marketing is directed towards attracting optimistic, young, new customers... not pleasing pessimistic, cranky old ones. Hahaha
    Hipsters I say, those dam Hipsters!!!!!
    10-28-15 09:38 PM
    The most bizarre, and confusing ad campaign since the PS3 launch.

Anyone remember the ads Sony put out prior to the Kevin Butler series?

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 09:47 PM
    More like a life insurance ad to me.

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2789
    10-28-15 10:00 PM
    This Priv video is a must watch:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1044963

Share the video!

Posted via CB10
    Love the video! Posted on my Facebook page.... Hope there's more to come because this device can go toe to toe with any device on the market.

Passport on AT&T
    10-28-15 10:01 PM
    10-28-15 10:04 PM
    Me too. Just posted. I hope they can run this stuff on national television

STA 100-3, SQW 100-4 / 10.3.2.2789
    10-28-15 10:10 PM
    Priv is a ridiculous name not to mention the downgraded OS it runs.
    10-28-15 10:15 PM
    Just love how a bunch of techie guys are talking about marketing. All this is done by a 3rd party BlackBerry hired. Marketing 101 everyone. If people talk about the commercial or ad then that is great! Good or bad.
    I think their you tube commercials and these print ads are GOLDEN!

Posted from my Z30 with Google Play Store
    Oscar_E likes this.
    10-28-15 10:22 PM
    Again. I see where they are going with this. It's awesome more I watch. Great launch marketing
    10-28-15 10:23 PM
    Love the video! Posted on my Facebook page.... Hope there's more to come because this device can go toe to toe with any device on the market.

Passport on AT&T
    Hey, how did you post it, IA am trying to post the video like embedded on facebook and not the link, is it possible?

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 10:33 PM
    The way i see it, each picture has a different type of person (personalities) different ethnics and ages. not showing so much of the phone gives it a little mystery and creates expectations, i guess we have to wait ! lets not be pessimistic and support our brand !
    RigoMonster likes this.
    10-28-15 10:39 PM
280 ... 678910 ...