Wow - you folks are clearly not the target audience of young Asian women and white, male inmates.
    10-28-15 04:10 PM
    Attachment 377753

Another one lol
    Actually, that one isn't too bad. The smirk on the face of the woman holding a Priv is a "I'll never tell" smirk - and that is exactly what you want possible buyers of the Priv to think - that it's not going to give away your secrets. The font used for 'Priv' still sucks, though.
    RigoMonster likes this.
    10-28-15 04:14 PM
    That can't be real...There's just no way they can be THAT clueless

Posted via CB10
    Have you not been paying attention the last 5 years?
    10-28-15 04:14 PM
    How do the "it's not for consumers" bunch explain the dude in a tank top?
    That's not a tank top... that's just really really tanned (as in leather) skin.

Maybe it's being marketed at fashion forward gay men in an attempt to get style influencers to buy and use it.

I do not think it will work.
    10-28-15 05:01 PM
    What a gay images! Is this how you advertise for a smartphone that talks about privacy and security?

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 05:11 PM
    Wonder how much that cost. Is that Chen's kid?
    LOL!

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 05:13 PM
    The problem with the whole privacy focus is that some reviewer is going to point out a couple unfortunate truths:

1.) If you call someone on your Priv, your calls go through the same switches using the same networks that all your non-Priv friends use. So anyone listening on those switches can hear you loud and clear.

2.) If you send emails to people (outside of BES), then your emails go through all the same networks with exactly the same protocols as anyone else on the planet, so anyone listening on those networks can read you loud and clear just as well as if you had hit send on that gmail app on an S6.

Once people start understanding these things, then what happens to this campaign?
    00stryder, JeepBB and 1magine like this.
    10-28-15 05:16 PM
    The problem with the whole privacy focus is that some reviewer is going to point out a couple unfortunate truths:

1.) If you call someone on your Priv, your calls go through the same switches using the same networks that all your non-Priv friends use. So anyone listening on those switches can hear you loud and clear.

2.) If you send emails to people (outside of BES), then your emails go through all the same networks with exactly the same protocols as anyone else on the planet, so anyone listening on those networks can read you loud and clear just as well as if you had hit send on that gmail app on an S6.

Once people start understanding these things, then what happens to this campaign?
    To be fair, you information is private so as log as you don't choose to share it. Likewise, something that you are not aware of snooping on you, like a malicious app, or even a legitimate app with unwarranted access to certain data, is invading your privacy. Going outside your own zone of control implies that you understand your information may no longer be private or secured.
    1magine likes this.
    10-28-15 05:27 PM
    To be fair, you information is private so as log as you don't choose to share it. Likewise, something that you are not aware of snooping on you, like a malicious app, or even a legitimate app with unwarranted access to certain data, is invading your privacy. Going outside your own zone of control implies that you understand your information may no longer be private or secured.
    But how many people are going to understand that distinction? How many people are going to look at this phone and think it's a secusmart type device, when it really isn't that at all?

I don't even think I understand what the privacy features really are here. So there is a feature that logs other apps' access to your location, contacts, etc and alerts you. (btw, I wonder how annoying that will be in reality?) And then there is a score presented to the user with recommended changes to your android settings. Is that it?

I think BB has to be very clear on what these privacy features are and exactly what their limitations are. Otherwise they risk even more damage to their brand if reviewers or researchers or competitors start to call them out on this.
    Last edited by app_Developer; 10-28-15 at 05:56 PM.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    10-28-15 05:43 PM
    PRIV New Advertising Image-cscbeplw4ae_eei.jpg
    ahmedhanif911 likes this.
    10-28-15 05:44 PM
    10-28-15 05:45 PM
    I would call myself a blackberry fanboy through and through (have pre ordered priv and every other launch phone from them in the past 5 years) but these ads really have to be some kind of a joke. They keep getting worse. Great market research guys, I'm sure bikers will be lining up around the block to buy this phone. It's really not that hard, if you don't have a high end marketing team post some pictures of the phone with graphics/text and keep it at that.

That being said I'm really rooting for Blackberry here and the success of the Priv
    10-28-15 05:48 PM
    You guys are funny with all the pics. I am almost positive BlackBerry would have hired a 3Rd party marketing firm. They don't do advertising for themselves. All this copying and photo-shop stuff you guys are doing is nothing but great news. It gets the word out because no matter what; that phone looks great and it gets the word out!

Posted from my Z30 with Google Play Store
    10-28-15 06:06 PM
    Blackberry Marketing for the Priv is BY FAR the worst blackberry have ever did... It's no cohesive at ALL!

We have the "horror" style..
    We have the Android doll with dry humour
    Now we have this wich I don't even know... ls it a guy? a girl? someone from Jonh Chen's Family?

Why not choose one style and stick with it?

People that don't know sh!t about blackberry look at this and are suposed to think about what?
    different styles for different people? not everyone likes the same thing. perhaps they are trying to appeal to everyone.
    10-28-15 06:17 PM
    I would call myself a blackberry fanboy through and through (have pre ordered priv and every other launch phone from them in the past 5 years) but these ads really have to be some kind of a joke. They keep getting worse. Great market research guys, I'm sure bikers will be lining up around the block to buy this phone. It's really not that hard, if you don't have a high end marketing team post some pictures of the phone with graphics/text and keep it at that.

That being said I'm really rooting for Blackberry here and the success of the Priv
    I know you're joking, but I am a biker and these ads do nothing for me. I won't be lined around the corner & I doubt any other people will be.

This "marketing" is bad enough to make me question if BlackBerry has enough business smarts to survive the 2 years that a Priv owner would need for support.

Then I read all the historical articles about how poor BlackBerry marketing has been every year and realize they're still here. Guess they're good at surviving self inflicted wounds?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-28-15 06:30 PM
    different styles for different people? not everyone likes the same thing. perhaps they are trying to appeal to everyone.
    I'm sorry, but that's now how marketing works. Look at other manufacturer's marketing. They have a strategy, a marketing campaign with with some cohesive targeting and image. This is BS, adds almost nothing to de desirability of the device. It's just shooting "privacy" in every direction without making any of their special features stand out. Where's the super AMOLED screen? where's the Edge screen? wheres the touch enabled keyboard? where are all the other features? It's not just all about privacy.

The fact that everybody is complaining here (we are the target consumer), is enought matter to tell you that the marketing is sucking pretty hard.

Look at this ad from the V10... forget about the production quality that blackberry might not have the cash to do, but look at how they display the core features of the phone...
    1magine likes this.
    10-28-15 06:35 PM
    I think they are trying to show in a creative way that with the phone you do not get all the information because its so secure. just like the arm photo. maybe implying he is naked and nobody will get the picture! LOL
    10-28-15 06:46 PM
    I'm sorry, but that's now how marketing works. Look at other manufacturer's marketing. They have a strategy, a marketing campaign with with some cohesive targeting and image. This is BS, adds almost nothing to de desirability of the device. It's just shooting "privacy" in every direction without making any of their special features stand out. Where's the super AMOLED screen? where's the Edge screen? wheres the touch enabled keyboard? where are all the other features? It's not just all about privacy.

The fact that everybody is complaining here (we are the target consumer), is enought matter to tell you that the marketing is sucking pretty hard.

Look at this ad from the V10... forget about the production quality that blackberry might not have the cash to do, but look at how they display the core features of the phone...
    They are advertising Privacy right now. Let's wait until after November 6th so see what the ads are. They aren't advertising their features yet....only the Telus Simulator screw-up provided a look at the features and that was not intentional.
    10-28-15 07:13 PM
    PRIV New Advertising Image-james-dean-bb-priv.jpg

Now that's cool !
    00stryder likes this.
    10-28-15 07:39 PM
    The marketing looks fine here. Better than usual.
    More lifestyle.

Image #2 and #4 are on brand.
    Image #1 is for the Asian market specifically.

Font/Logo from image #2 and #4 should be carried throughout all marketing.
    10-28-15 07:44 PM
    Maybe, just maybe, these ads are working exactly how BlackBerry intends them to work...

With lots of copycat photos of the Priv protecting the privacy all manner of people, fictional or real, going viral all over the web.

That's a whole lot of priv exposure for very little effort on BlackBerry's side.

I haven't seen a Dr. Who done yet, but give it time. :-)

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 07:56 PM
    Maybe, just maybe, these ads are working exactly how BlackBerry intends them to work...

With lots of copycat photos of the Priv protecting the privacy all manner of people, fictional or real, going viral all over the web.

That's a whole lot of priv exposure for very little effort on BlackBerry's side.

I haven't seen a Dr. Who done yet, but give it time. :-)

Posted via CB10
    Oh.. and lots of images they'd never be able to afford to use themselves, like the Darth Vader one, they got that for free and Disney can't go after them for cash or otherwise sue them.

Starting to get there is some genius here.

Unless it completely bombs, in which case I had no such opinion. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 08:01 PM
    I don't get it...

Posted via CB10
    .....and you won't be the only member. Now imagine someone on the fence about buying this device. Hey, I'm sure maybe we'll see more after the launch.
    10-28-15 08:04 PM
    Ugh. These look terrible.

Too bad they couldn't have supplied the new Bond movie with some phones. All it would take is for Bond to slide open the keyboard to answer a call. The slide out keyboard is unique enough for people to wonder which phone that is.

In the U.S., the new Bond movie comes out November 6th, the ship date of the PRIV.
    10-28-15 08:07 PM
    I ike the black and white. Because people already know how behind the times BlackBerry is. At least that's the perception. And this only goes to reinforce it.
    I wish Blackberry marketing team would stop trying to be so artsy. And start trying to sell things
    Bor Navas likes this.
    10-28-15 08:13 PM
280 ... 56789 ...