Just got a BlackBerry PRIV. At first glance, it's great and most of the OS10 features that make Blackberry great are included within Android. At second glance, they did not include 'Multilingual Language Input' - where you can type and have auto-correct and text-prediction work realtime using up to 3 languages at the same time without having to switch languages (a must when you are bilingual/trilingual).

How can I find out if Blackberry will include this feature in future patches? Otherwise, how can I suggest this enhancement to Blackberry?
    11-12-15 04:27 PM
    There's plenty of apps for that. Welcome to android. Do a search in the play store for multilingual keyboard and see if any can fit your needs. Probably not for the physical keyboard though. Do current BB devices support multilingual on their physical keyboards? That's awesome if they do!
    11-12-15 05:34 PM
    It looks like you may be able to do it natively also. Try going to settings >language and input. Next, select your keyboard under Language and input methods. From there, you may see an option to add input languages. On my samsung, I can see options to toggle on additional languages and even add more. When I toggle additional languages to on, it gives me the ability to switch languages in real time by swiping the space bar in conversation.
    11-12-15 06:33 PM
    Trisk333: Yes current OS10 allows this, but sadly, the PRIV does not.
    11-12-15 06:39 PM
    I'm not on OS10. I'm on android and I can do it so if you can't then I guess BB didn't include it. Maybe with a later update?

If the Priv keyboard doesn't have it by default, then I would suggest a multi language keyboard from the play store. There are free ones to choose from.
    11-12-15 06:52 PM
    The whole point of the Priv is the BlackBerry experience on android. Why download a different keyboard?
    11-13-15 07:08 AM
    Well I can do what he's asking on my current Samsung android phone so if he can't, then number one, blackberry didn't include what android is quite capable of handling and two, smart phones can't be everything to everybody which is why we have apps in the first place and why people root on android to customize things to their own personal wants/needs. The point is, the person was asking for help and I was trying to help get what the OP needs now rather than wait for blackberry to add that functionality to their own kb like it apparently is on BB10.

There have been times where I wanted a little tweak to make the phone I was using more catered to my needs and rooting, custom RoMs or just repackaged apps that add these tweaks have worked for me instead of hoping it would be added in the next generation of phones. We probably won't be able to do that with priv and I'm personally ok with that. Then again the only language I need for my kb is English right now and the phone seems to have all of the features I want/need at the moment.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-13-15 02:40 PM