I've been using a Q10 for just over 2 years, but it's time to move on. I had an old Moto G as a wifi phone for a little while, and I liked it a lot because it had a great camera, but it's old and not worth unlocking (also recently died anyway).

I've been considering a Priv because it's a middle ground between having a keyboard and having a full screen phone. But I was wondering from people who have the Priv; does the keyboard have shortcuts like the Q10 (T= top B= bottom, etc.)? Overall, how would you rate the device?

My other considerations for Android phones were Moto G 3rd or 4th Gen, or a Moto X.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q10
    02-10-17 10:17 AM
    Moto G looks pretty nice , honestly I will tell you ...for the almost one year I used the Priv I only used the Pkb a couple of times . And used it a bunch more as a mouse for scrolling through web sites. The vkb on the Priv I'm sure will be seriously more superior. However if you end up making a move to a slab device I would consider getting your hands on a dtek 60 . Might as well go to a newer device than something that is a year and change old.

I'm going to flip over to mercury once they are available and rock a pkb until the next device hits the scene
    02-10-17 10:25 AM
    I've been using a Q10 for just over 2 years, but it's time to move on. I had an old Moto G as a wifi phone for a little while, and I liked it a lot because it had a great camera, but it's old and not worth unlocking (also recently died anyway).

I've been considering a Priv because it's a middle ground between having a keyboard and having a full screen phone. But I was wondering from people who have the Priv; does the keyboard have shortcuts like the Q10 (T= top B= bottom, etc.)? Overall, how would you rate the device?

My other considerations for Android phones were Moto G 3rd or 4th Gen, or a Moto X.

Yes, the pkb does have those shortcuts and you can assign each letter to open TWO apps (short press and long press are distinguished).
    02-10-17 11:05 AM
    I never assigned any new shortcuts on my Q10, just used the ones that were already there. (T, B, and R are so useful!)

02-10-17 11:15 AM
    Priv's Camera is much better than the G ones
    02-10-17 03:30 PM