Why do I keep getting this message when there is no phone number even associated with the Priv phone?
    It comes up all of the time. "New voicemail (255)" "Dial +1-647-999-9999" with different last 7 digits.
    01-25-17 09:10 AM
    I have noticed this on new Privs as well... Whenever I set one up, there always seems to be a voicemail. Typically this alert disappears on its own once you restart. Can you try that?
    01-25-17 10:09 AM
    Did you have a SIM in it at one time? It could be a legacy from that, and the alert comes through when you are connected to WiFi and thus connected.
    01-25-17 10:19 AM
    Actually, it has a SIM card in it but it is not attached to any phone number. It is one that I bought but did not switch my service over to it yet due to technical reasons.
    01-25-17 10:22 AM
    I have restarted it many times. There is a SIM card in it but it has not been attached to any service and only emergency calls will work.
    01-25-17 10:23 AM
    Might be something wrong with that SIM, which might explain the technical problems as well as the phantom voice mail. Perhaps have your carrier replace it? Activate in the store?
    01-25-17 10:29 AM
    Actually, since I bought it when I worked for a company, the normal stores say I have to go through the company that my former company dealt with. I no longer work there and am concerned that they will cancel my corp package.
    01-25-17 10:33 AM
    I wonder if the phone is carrier locked OR some how IT restricted? IF it was a corp device it might have an IT policy on it, while that might not explain the phantom voicemail it could explain why your SIM does not work.
    01-25-17 10:36 AM
    This is a really interesting to read. I have the same issue and my phone was purchased directly from shop blackberry.com. The phone is unlocked and have only used SIM cards that I own or purchase as temporary SIM cards when visiting a country period I do get these messages that says I have voicemail but when I check there is no voicemail. I think perhaps I received a voicemail before online prepaid SIM card I purchase while travelling but now when I get home I get these messages and cannot seem to erase them. They only come up when I reboot the phone or it does a restart
    01-25-17 10:45 AM
    Sorry, the phone plan is a Bell plan but I got a corporate rate. The Priv is a new phone I bought through a Canadian internet based store.
    I bought a SIM card a a local Bell kiosk.
    There is no way to connect the phone to the corporate plan. It just has a SIM card which has not been activated.
    Last edited by timmy t; 01-25-17 at 11:04 AM.
    01-25-17 10:49 AM
    Actually, since I bought it when I worked for a company, the normal stores say I have to go through the company that my former company dealt with. I no longer work there and am concerned that they will cancel my corp package.
    So you had a corporate plan with a company you no longer work for and you're concerned that they will cancel your corporate plan? I can't imagine why.
    andy957 likes this.
    01-25-17 11:24 AM
    I shouldn't have to tell them. I'm not sure the deal is that great, now that I've researched it.
    01-25-17 11:47 AM
    Do you guys you a 3rd party voicemail service? Such as Truecaller or Youmail? They MIGHT be making a test call and voicemail upon first connection to a network, maybe connecting to WiFi is enough? Just taking a stab here, trying to rule it out.
    01-25-17 12:33 PM
    This doesn't appear to be related to any Sim card. I have had this issue since Verizon dropped the MM update. After I listen to my vm the notifications are still present. They only disappear after a reboot. Seems like a software bug more than anything.
    01-27-17 11:06 AM
    This doesn't appear to be related to any Sim card. I have had this issue since Verizon dropped the MM update. After I listen to my vm the notifications are still present. They only disappear after a reboot. Seems like a software bug more than anything.
    Have you you pulled the notifications tray down and tapped the clear all? That will remove the voice mail notification.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-27-17 11:57 AM
    Launch phone app, setting top right corner, calls, voicemail, then clear voicemail icon.
    Attached Thumbnails Priv message saying I got new voicemail. No SIM card is in the phone-37481.jpg  
    FF22 and andy957 like this.
    01-27-17 12:13 PM
    None of the options mentioned work. It's clearly a bug in the OS for Verizon. The last two security updates haven't fixed it either.
    01-27-17 11:10 PM
    None of the options mentioned work. It's clearly a bug in the OS for Verizon. The last two security updates haven't fixed it either.
    Well, it's clearly an issue for you. Not necessarily a bug in the OS for everyone. Are you running everything stock from Verizon or have you changed launchers or downloaded some apps that might interfere? Changed notification settings? As I mentioned somewhere around here, details are very important. We need to know everything you have done and what you have exactly, including OS version and security patch version in detail. Just a generic "I have the latest updates and the latest OS" isn't good enough. Because what you think are the "latest" might not be the latest. We'll help you if we have ALL the information.
    01-28-17 07:51 AM