11-29-18 06:49 PM
    Depends on how you define "last". The Priv was the last designed, built, and sold by BlackBerry. The K1 is the last designed (primarily) by BlackBerry although it was built and sold by TCL.
    glwerry likes this.
    11-29-18 08:10 PM
    I have the Priv. I have had no problems. The battery life could be better, but I plan on keeping it as long as it functions. I would have kept the Classic, but, you know the lack of software BlackBerry 10 made it impractable.
    anon(10218918) and nuffznuff like this.
    11-29-18 09:39 PM
    I also have a PRIV and plan to use it until it dies. Unless the Priv 2 comes out. it's a great device.
    11-29-18 09:58 PM
    One thing I realized I can't stand is the back of the phones material. It's great until dust particles collect on it. Feels nasty.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-18 02:53 AM
    One thing I realized I can't stand is the back of the phones material. It's great until dust particles collect on it. Feels nasty.

Posted via CB10
    I actually really really like the Priv's back texture, and the fact that it also wraps around the sides makes it easily the grippiest modern smartphone I've ever owned or even held.

That said, I wouldn't ever go back to it, the performance and especially battery life is just too disappointing, and people here know how much I tweaked my Privs to push it as far as possible. It's just not a device I can really depend on if I need it to last a full day of moderate/heavy use, even if I have consistently got 4.5 - 5.5 hours of SOT on mine.
    11-30-18 02:59 AM
    I actually really really like the Priv's back texture, and the fact that it also wraps around the sides makes it easily the grippiest modern smartphone I've ever owned or even held.

That said, I wouldn't ever go back to it, the performance and especially battery life is just too disappointing, and people here know how much I tweaked my Privs to push it as far as possible. It's just not a device I can really depend on if I need it to last a full day of moderate/heavy use, even if I have consistently got 4.5 - 5.5 hours of SOT on mine.

Every Priv thread I see there is a post from you blaming the device.

Why do you need to do this?
    11-30-18 06:41 AM
    Every Priv thread I see there is a post from you blaming the device.

Why do you need to do this?
    And I've posted many times a list of tips and tricks to maximize the battery potential of the Priv.

I owned 5 of them so I wouldn't call myself a Priv hater lol
    astrodan13, john_v and Rico4you like this.
    11-30-18 07:37 AM
    I am managing 48 hrs battery so that seems OK!!
    12-01-18 04:16 AM
    Great form factor. Great build. Awesome display. Cooler slider ever. Unfortunately, the worst SOC made by Qualcomm.
    the_boon and Rico4you like this.
    12-01-18 08:37 AM
    Great form factor. Great build. Awesome display. Cooler slider ever. Unfortunately, the worst SOC made by Qualcomm.
    Or as the best Swiss Army knife of hand-warmers (optional mobile phone included), the best mini-gadget of 2015 Christmas season. Glass is always half full even when half empty......
    john_v and G_Unit MVP like this.
    12-01-18 08:46 AM
    Or as the best Swiss Army knife of hand-warmers (optional mobile phone included), the best mini-gadget of 2015 Christmas season. Glass is always half full even when half empty......
    "Google Maps activated hand-warmer"
    12-01-18 08:49 AM
    "Google Maps activated hand-warmer"
    Even when “Location” setting turned off....
    12-01-18 08:55 AM
    No, my Classic is the best.

Posted via CB10
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    12-12-18 05:04 PM
    One word... Trackpad

Posted via CB10
    12-12-18 05:07 PM
    I just plain love my Priv!!
    berryspun likes this.
    12-12-18 08:44 PM
    I'm reading this thread from my Priv right now!

Even though my place of employment insisted I need to now use an iPhone. And by the way, aside from the camera on an iPhone, it's the biggest piece of trash smartphone I've ever used. And I've used some real POS's in my time.

I miss this device but it's just slowed down over the years and yes I can do a refresh and all that stuff but with no new updates, it's just a matter of time before this device meets it's BB10 comrades.
    12-12-18 09:21 PM
    I'm reading this thread from my Priv right now!

Even though my place of employment insisted I need to now use an iPhone. And by the way, aside from the camera on an iPhone, it's the biggest piece of trash smartphone I've ever used. And I've used some real POS's in my time.

I miss this device but it's just slowed down over the years and yes I can do a refresh and all that stuff but with no new updates, it's just a matter of time before this device meets it's BB10 comrades.
    how about just a KEY2 or an LE ?
    12-12-18 09:59 PM
    how about just a KEY2 or an LE ?
    Ya I'd consider a KEY2 but I don't want to carry two devices. But if a Priv 2 was developed, I'd jump all over that.
    12-12-18 10:14 PM
    everything you read says no Priv II ever coming, but damn that would be so awesome. hate that the folks at the top can't figure a way to make it work.
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    12-13-18 01:34 PM
    i still use it.

cant find a phone better than this thing
    PRIVuser2018 likes this.
    12-14-18 08:52 AM
    Me too, reading thread from PRIV. It is getting super glitchy and has no battery life, but I still love it. I would get another one if Verizon offered. As much as I hate the idea, considering iPhone XR. Reminds me of my z10... in had nothing but BlackBerry past 9 years. Makes me sad.
    12-17-18 02:55 AM
    I love the design of the PRIV. Not had a problem with dust collecting on the back and I don't use a case.
    12-17-18 02:56 AM
    I love my Priv. And you are right. Boon does always come in and hate on the priv.

Also I have also had my phone out all day and still have 18% battery left. I have made some modifications to how the phone runs - but nothing major. Just simple stuff.

I love my Priv - but eventually I will move to the key2 or whatever version it is by the time my Priv gives up the ghost.
    12-18-18 10:35 PM
    I love my Priv. And you are right. Boon does always come in and hate on the priv.

Also I have also had my phone out all day and still have 18% battery left. I have made some modifications to how the phone runs - but nothing major. Just simple stuff.

I love my Priv - but eventually I will move to the key2 or whatever version it is by the time my Priv gives up the ghost.
    Boon was a major proponent of the PRIV after many of us here moved on to KEYone or Key2 hardware. In fact Boon and EskeRahn have done much here to maximize PRIV usability. Compared to KEYone and then Key2, the gap between each device has become that big, if discussing performance.
    12-19-18 05:41 AM
27 12