Hi everyone! Just got a Priv 2 days ago after iOS 10 came out and instantly disillusioned me from iPhone for now. Loving the Priv, despite a weird issue with it saying the SIM isn't there, then it is there, then it's not.. etc...

I tried searching around for this, but didn't see a definitive answer. I have custom ringtones working, put them in the right folder after mounting the internal storage to my PC. But the notifications, despite being in the Notifications folder and rebooting.. they just don't show in Settings > Sound & Notification > Default notification ringtone. Is there a trick to this that I've missed?

They are mp3 files, just like the ringtones. Sorry if it's a noob question and already answered. Cheers for the help!
    09-17-16 02:25 AM
    Does your mp3 file have a title? Use a mp3 tag editor and check otherwise if it doesn't it won't show up
    Ecm and tbonecopper like this.
    09-17-16 03:24 AM
    Move to the internal "ringtones" folder, not the "notifications" folder.

Edit - scratch that, mine are in the notifications folder and they pull in just fine. You put them in the internal storage right?

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my PRIV
    Ecm and tbonecopper like this.
    09-17-16 08:46 AM
    Hi everyone! Just got a Priv 2 days ago after iOS 10 came out and instantly disillusioned me from iPhone for now. Loving the Priv, despite a weird issue with it saying the SIM isn't there, then it is there, then it's not.. etc...

I tried searching around for this, but didn't see a definitive answer. I have custom ringtones working, put them in the right folder after mounting the internal storage to my PC. But the notifications, despite being in the Notifications folder and rebooting.. they just don't show in Settings > Sound & Notification > Default notification ringtone. Is there a trick to this that I've missed?

They are mp3 files, just like the ringtones. Sorry if it's a noob question and already answered. Cheers for the help!
    Who is your carrier? Try getting another sim card. It should not appear and disappear. Are you sure that the card is fully in that flimsy tray and that the tray is fully seated.
    Ecm likes this.
    09-17-16 09:59 AM
    Does your mp3 file have a title? Use a mp3 tag editor and check otherwise if it doesn't it won't show up
    Thanks, checked the ID3 info and there was some junk in there, cleaned it up.

Move to the internal "ringtones" folder, not the "notifications" folder.

Edit - scratch that, mine are in the notifications folder and they pull in just fine. You put them in the internal storage right?

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my PRIV
    They're now on SD Card, it seemingly moved everything over when I inserted it. But initially, yes, locally.

Who is your carrier? Try getting another sim card. It should not appear and disappear. Are you sure that the card is fully in that flimsy tray and that the tray is fully seated.
    Ah yes, the sim card issue... I had the sim swapped for a new one, and inserted/reinserted it myself a few times, but the issue kept appearing at random intervals. Eventually I just got some clear tape (like you'd use a to wrap a present), put 3 layers on the back of the sim, and used an exacto knife to trim around the edges. Put it in back in and so far (crossing my fingers) the issue hasn't reappeared.

As for the notification sounds, thanks for the help with that - after cleaning the junk id3 info out, for whatever reason, they are working now. Much appreciated.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-17-16 03:38 PM

Curious to know what you don't like about iOS 10. I'm loving it so far. Miss my Priv. But, having one on Verizon drove me crazy w/ lack of updates, no Visual Voicemail, no support for wi-fi calling, no ability to reply to short text messages, etc.
    09-17-16 05:38 PM
    It'll sound petty, but it was the messages app on iOS. It was too cluttered with the app button, the tap/heart button, and then the teeeny tiny button to tap for text entry. Also, there was some wasted space at the top of it, the inability to turn off the circles around people's name on the main Messages display...

TLDR It was the change of the UI of the messages app that drove me over the edge.
    09-17-16 09:13 PM
    It'll sound petty, but it was the messages app on iOS. It was too cluttered with the app button, the tap/heart button, and then the teeeny tiny button to tap for text entry. Also, there was some wasted space at the top of it, the inability to turn off the circles around people's name on the main Messages display...

TLDR It was the change of the UI of the messages app that drove me over the edge.
    I love the new messages app. Though, I haven't quite figured out all the workings of it. You can also downgrade back to iOS 9.
    09-18-16 11:11 AM
    Thanks, checked the ID3 info and there was some junk in there, cleaned it up.

They're now on SD Card, it seemingly moved everything over when I inserted it. But initially, yes, locally.

Ah yes, the sim card issue... I had the sim swapped for a new one, and inserted/reinserted it myself a few times, but the issue kept appearing at random intervals. Eventually I just got some clear tape (like you'd use a to wrap a present), put 3 layers on the back of the sim, and used an exacto knife to trim around the edges. Put it in back in and so far (crossing my fingers) the issue hasn't reappeared.

As for the notification sounds, thanks for the help with that - after cleaning the junk id3 info out, for whatever reason, they are working now. Much appreciated.
    Sim card/slot malfunction albeit rare but their has been a few cases I've read here that affected new 0priv owners. Keep in mind tho the sim tray/slot and micrsd slot/tra] is easy damaged, be gentle in removing and putting back in!!!

вιaсĸвεггч ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)running Android 6.0.1
    FF22 likes this.
    09-18-16 11:15 AM
    I love the new messages app. Though, I haven't quite figured out all the workings of it. You can also downgrade back to iOS 9.
    Yep, that's what I did until they get iOS 10 pieced back together. I didn't really use 10 long enough to give an opinion on the other enhancements.

Sim card/slot malfunction albeit rare but their has been a few cases I've read here that affected new 0priv owners. Keep in mind tho the sim tray/slot and micrsd slot/tra] is easy damaged, be gentle in removing and putting back in!!!

вιaсĸвεггч ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)running Android 6.0.1
    Thanks. Yea, I read about a few of them here and on the BB Forums... Seems it's darn near impossible to get a replacement tray door if you do break it.
    09-18-16 04:43 PM
    Yep, that's what I did until they get iOS 10 pieced back together. I didn't really use 10 long enough to give an opinion on the other enhancements.

Thanks. Yea, I read about a few of them here and on the BB Forums... Seems it's darn near impossible to get a replacement tray door if you do break it.
    I did pay an exorbitant amount to buy an extra of each JUST IN CASE. I took them to Europe in June as backups.
    09-18-16 08:42 PM
    Are you hinting you might have extras you can part with? Or that it's certainly not impossible to acquire spares?

Edit: NVM My ability to read may not fail me... But the ability to comprehend what I've read often does. :P
    FF22 likes this.
    09-18-16 08:45 PM
    Are you hinting you might have extras you can part with? Or that it's certainly not impossible to acquire spares?

Edit: NVM My ability to read may not fail me... But the ability to comprehend what I've read often does. :P
    priv sim tray | eBay
    tbonecopper likes this.
    09-18-16 09:20 PM
    Ooooooo you spoil me.. Thanks Much appreciated!
    FF22 likes this.
    09-18-16 09:38 PM
    Can't do anything considering the SD tray that hasn't already been done, but please DO NOT use an adapter for the SIM tray! I assure you that no adapter is necessary, assuming the contacts are properly aligned. Save yourself the stress and money. I will be back to prove you need NO adapter. Been using the method successfully for three years.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-16 01:17 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=862963

Here is the link I promised for those that consider SIM adapters for their device (DON'T).

Posted via CB10
    09-19-16 01:20 AM