You're joking right? Everyone here has the right to be furious at BlackBerry if this isn't some marketing test. This name is offensive! I wouldn't let children near something named after a toilet.

There is a negative view about BlackBerry for you.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2639 / T-Mobile USA
    Your joking right? When I first heard the name iPad I thought.. sanitary pad.

Now what?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 07:50 AM
    I dunno... using a stem as a name. It is not the meaning I dislike, it is the utter confusion most people will experience when they hear/see the name.
    Again, will it be any different from the iPad, that's if Priv is the actual official name.
    09-24-15 07:52 AM
    BlackBerry brand is already tarnished and they had to fuk it up on the name of the most anticipated phone theyre goin to launch...what a disaster!! no matter how great this phone is, its already such a turn off...cannot believe this..

Posted via CB10
    lift, gebco, RLTurn77 and 1 others like this.
    09-24-15 08:02 AM
    I love how everyone is making excuses for BlackBerry once again. The Latin root? Yes you need privacy and to be alone to take a DUMP in the Priv!!!

As far as the iPad they could have called it the iTampon for all I care and it would have sold well. BlackBerry isn't Apple. Everything Apple touches is gold. Everything BlackBerry touches belongs in a smelly fetted stinking Priv!

lift and Joao Oliveira like this.
    09-24-15 09:09 AM
    if you're goal is to stop leaks.
    Posted via CB10
    then the BB priv(y) is an inspired name
    09-24-15 10:27 AM
    I really hope so... I hope it eventually comes out with a different name (I like BlackBerry Vault).
    Hmmm, not so sure, there is "burial vault" and "vaginal vault".....
    09-24-15 10:31 AM
    I love how everyone is making excuses for BlackBerry once again. The Latin root? Yes you need privacy and to be alone to take a DUMP in the Priv!!!

As far as the iPad they could have called it the iTampon for all I care and it would have sold well. BlackBerry isn't Apple. Everything Apple touches is gold. Everything BlackBerry touches belongs in a smelly fetted stinking Priv!

How do you even pronounce it? And... how does it sound in other languages? English: "Pr(ay)v" or "Pr(ee)v", Spanish: "Pr(ee)v" (short ee)

Maybe it sounds awesome in Vietnam or wherever BlackBerry sells more than 0%.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    09-24-15 10:40 AM
    How do you even pronounce it? And... how does it sound in other languages? English: "Pr(ay)v" or "Pr(ee)v", Spanish: "Pr(ee)v" (short ee)

Maybe it sounds awesome in Vietnam or wherever BlackBerry sells more than 0%.

Posted via CB10
    With "Zed" only Americans cringed at hearing our beloved letter Z being molested like that. And besides we continued to call it the Z30 (Zee30) anyway.

As a side note do Canadians call New Zealand "New Zedland"? A Zebra a Zedbra?

Anyway. In the case of Priv even non English people will probably use Google and come to this conclusion :

Attachment 372863
    Attached Thumbnails Priv=Marketing Scheme?-privy.1.jpg  
    AnimalPak200 and lift like this.
    09-24-15 10:46 AM
    You're joking right? Everyone here has the right to be furious at BlackBerry if this isn't some marketing test. This name is offensive! I wouldn't let children near something named after a toilet.

There is a negative view about BlackBerry for you.

Let's hope it's not an omen.

G6Edge+ / Some of you need to take a few shot(s) of Bourbon, a Valium and CTF down! 👌😎
    09-24-15 11:36 AM
    I have a feeling this is all false. Venice is a hit. What better way to spark the chatter to a new level than to give it a temporary horrendous name.

Think about it. EVERYBODY on the web is going nuts commenting or creating new posts about the name.

Diverse yourself from the rest. Build hype. Increase the hype by alarming the community with Priv. Reveal.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Maybe BB in fact planned to release it as the BB Avenger, but then the whole CB community hated the name, so they changed it to something even worse...
    09-24-15 11:53 AM
    i'm with you OP!
    09-24-15 12:02 PM
    Thing that gets me is if Priv is suppose to be short for private. But on Android you can't adjust permissions until marshmallow., it's like false advertising lol

Posted via CB10
    But what you can do on Android is read the permissions before you install anything - and if you feel uncomfortable with them - don't install it.
    09-24-15 12:42 PM
    Maybe BB in fact planned to release it as the BB Avenger, but then the whole CB community hated the name, so they changed it to something even worse...
    That's always a good approach to sales.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 12:47 PM
    With "Zed" only Americans cringed at hearing our beloved letter Z being molested like that. And besides we continued to call it the Z30 (Zee30) anyway.

As a side note do Canadians call New Zealand "New Zedland"? A Zebra a Zedbra?

Anyway. In the case of Priv even non English people will probably use Google and come to this conclusion :

Attachment 372863
    No, because those words use the letter Z in context, not by itself.

Sent from my Zed 30.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 12:55 PM
    iPad seem more offensive to me.
    What's so offensive about the name PRIV? Is it any more offensive than the name iPad?
    09-24-15 01:22 PM
    I myself agree with the general consensus here. Dont like the name. But it could be good marketing if the idea is to pitch security and privacy to the majority if the market who only know two things when you say blackberry... keyboards and security

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 01:26 PM
    What's with all the people saying it's offensive. To me it's not offensive. The big problem is how do you say it properly. It will be mispronounced all the time. Also, it's not a catchy or easy name to remember. It's just stupid.
    BlackBerry really needed something catchy or clever that people would immediately remember or like. This is a train wreck and looks to me like Chen did this on purpose so the handset business would fail and he can move on to whatever else he thinks is going to "save" the company.
    People may look at the device and the name and then when they want to tell someone about it, the name will be butchered or made fun of. Big fail.
    09-24-15 01:35 PM
    I have a feeling this is all false. Venice is a hit. What better way to spark the chatter to a new level than to give it a temporary horrendous name.

Think about it. EVERYBODY on the web is going nuts commenting or creating new posts about the name.

Diverse yourself from the rest. Build hype. Increase the hype by alarming the community with Priv. Reveal.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I liked your post, just in hope that you're right lol
    09-24-15 01:55 PM
    Everyone said the same thing about the Nintendo Wii.

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    I can just imagine the up-roar that came with that name lol

But you right, we may be hating it now, but you never know there may be a elegant design behind it and we could warm up to the idea (if indeed it is true)

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on OS 10.3.3.271
    09-24-15 02:38 PM
    Is someone comparing Blackberry to Wii?
    Will my blackberry come with stickers of princess peach?
    09-24-15 03:56 PM
    I don't think it will increase the hype. It will make a product ridiculous before it is even out.

I can imagine, though, that this is a false information. Don't forget, it's still a leak and nothing confirmed. I hope this is the case actually...

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 04:35 PM
    Id say It's a bit of a stretch to think that lol
    But I hope you're right and Priv isn't the official name
    Last edited by Omar Alsahli; 09-24-15 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Typo
    09-24-15 04:41 PM
    So this is like "New Coke" only much worse?
    09-24-15 04:50 PM
    I don't think it will increase the hype. It will make a product ridiculous before it is even out.

I can imagine, though, that this is a false information. Don't forget, it's still a leak and nothing confirmed. I hope this is the case actually...

Posted via CB10
    But from a reliable font, that's what concerns me.
    09-24-15 04:54 PM
    Hmmm, not so sure, there is "burial vault" and "vaginal vault".....
    Those are hardly most people's associations. Vault is a secure room for your valuables.
    09-25-15 02:42 AM
60 123