I have a feeling this is all false. Venice is a hit. What better way to spark the chatter to a new level than to give it a temporary horrendous name.

Think about it. EVERYBODY on the web is going nuts commenting or creating new posts about the name.

Diverse yourself from the rest. Build hype. Increase the hype by alarming the community with Priv. Reveal.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-23-15 11:32 PM
    I have a feeling this is all false. Venice is a hit. What better way to spark the chatter to a new level than to give it a temporary horrendous name.

Think about it. EVERYBODY on the web is going nuts commenting or creating new posts about the name.

Diverse yourself from the rest. Build hype. Increase the hype by alarming the community with Priv. Reveal.

This is exactly what I was thinking. There is no way they would name a phone "Priv" it's seriously horrible and I would be ashamed to tell people it's called Priv. I'd just say "it's Slider or Venice".

If anything, it should just be S50 or something like that or A50 just like before, or even Q50.
    09-24-15 12:01 AM
    I hope you're right OP.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 12:04 AM
    I hope you're right OP.

Posted via CB10
    *crossing my fingers*

Doggerz likes this.
    09-24-15 12:10 AM
    Yeah, some people will open new threads discusing the hype of the possibly false new name, when they could just have posted in the thread about the new rumored name
    Aaron Marcinkowski likes this.
    09-24-15 12:21 AM
    Lol who cares about the device name, once it hits the stores, im buying a couple
    Last edited by Resilience; 09-24-15 at 12:40 AM.
    09-24-15 12:30 AM
    You are looking at the negative side. Whatever it is, it is your decision to make the purchase of BlackBerry Priv or not.

They don't have "marketing scheme" that can force you to buy it. Please stop making negative views about BlackBerry products.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 12:33 AM
    Lol who cares about the device name, once it hits the stores, im buying a couple
    Now normally when you see someone saying "once it's hits the stores I'm buying" you don't really think twice, but then they add the words "a couple" lol

I'll. Be saving us for 3 years, then purchase on a flash sale with borrowed money added to my savings lol

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on OS 10.3.3.271
    09-24-15 12:48 AM

Marketing ruse or not this name is horrible. I just can't believe this name is real. Can't be. I know it's only a rumor at this point but this name along with the whole episode of events concerning this device has me thinking long and hard about my continued support of this company.

I know this isn't really the place for it but I'm tired of this s---. If I ran any of my businesses like this I'd be in the poor house. Sure J.C. has made it clear that "BlackBerry doesn't respond to rumors". I get that. But they showed this device in March. The Passport came out in November of last year. Where the hell is the new Passport? The SE? Got that and aside from the aesthetics it's the same damn phone. No Real upgrade in specs just a new housing with a debatable upgrade to the keyboard. I'm a fanatic so I bought it anyway.

At this moment I'm thinking about returning this SE, selling my OG, and just starting off fresh with something else. We know the Venice (I'll never call it Priv) is coming in November but what about BlackBerry 10? You really expect all of us to just sit and patiently wait for you to tell us what the plan is? I've been loyal almost to a fault in regards to BlackBerry. My patience has worn thin.

For years I've bought nothing but BlackBerry. I'm not expecting anything other than a solid performance from these purchases but this company is a case study of "What not to do as a business". It's a clusterf--- plain and simple. If I'm feeling this way now no wonder BlackBerry's market share is almost nil- only the most ardent supporters are still here. Everyone else has moved on. I'm the biggest BlackBerry fan I know. Only on This forum is my love and enthusiasm matched. We are a dying breed. And I'm really considering moving on. That's the first time I've ever said that since I picked up my first BlackBerry.

This company loses money and users every single day just because people don't know if they are going to be around to support these devices in the future. I for one am tired of A) the rumors, B) the lack of new hardware, and C) the silence.

Whatever happened to the website BlackBerry uses to combat misinformation? At the very least have someone scour the Internet and refute these rumors on that website. F---, even an intern can handle that. I've taken off the BlackBerry goggles, and what I see through my objective view is enough to make me spit. I love my Passport but this company should be ashamed of itself. We all teach our kids and love ones to stand up for themselves. Who the hell is going to teach that to this company?

Rant over - whoosah

Posted one-handed via Passport
    09-24-15 12:59 AM
    I will most definitely try one out but I will never buy a BlackBerry Android phone. But then again, I thought the Passport was freakin ugly when I first saw it! Then I tried it in store and after 10 minutes, I walked out with one! Best BlackBerry I ever had! They can name it whatever they want, doesnt matter what they call it, as long as it works well, who cares.

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2639
    09-24-15 01:10 AM
    I really hope so... I hope it eventually comes out with a different name (I like BlackBerry Vault).
    09-24-15 02:41 AM
    You are looking at the negative side. Whatever it is, it is your decision to make the purchase of BlackBerry Priv or not.

They don't have "marketing scheme" that can force you to buy it. Please stop making negative views about BlackBerry products.

Posted via CB10
    You're joking right? Everyone here has the right to be furious at BlackBerry if this isn't some marketing test. This name is offensive! I wouldn't let children near something named after a toilet.

There is a negative view about BlackBerry for you.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2639 / T-Mobile USA
    09-24-15 05:35 AM
    I hope so, Priv is a horrendous name.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 05:49 AM
    Everyone said the same thing about the Nintendo Wii.

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    09-24-15 06:05 AM
    Thing that gets me is if Priv is suppose to be short for private. But on Android you can't adjust permissions until marshmallow., it's like false advertising lol

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    09-24-15 06:35 AM
    Considering BlackBerry has no marketing skills whatsoever I believe that the name is planned to be Priv.

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    gebco likes this.
    09-24-15 06:46 AM
    I actually like the name. Dunno what's wrong with you mofo's tho.

Meaning:

-priv- comes from Latin, where it has the meaning "separated; apart; restricted.'' This meaning is found in such words as: deprivation, deprive, privacy, private, privation, privilege, privy, underprivileged.

I'm cool with it. Goes with the secure android route BlackBerry is pushing.

No more moaning.

Posted via CB10
    pogly2, wincyUt, dusanvn and 1 others like this.
    09-24-15 06:53 AM
    I actually like the name. Dunno what's wrong with you mofo's tho.

Meaning:

-priv- comes from Latin, where it has the meaning "separated; apart; restricted.'' This meaning is found in such words as: deprivation, deprive, privacy, private, privation, privilege, privy, underprivileged.

I'm cool with it. Goes with the secure android route BlackBerry is pushing.

No more moaning.

Posted via CB10
    I dunno... using a stem as a name. It is not the meaning I dislike, it is the utter confusion most people will experience when they hear/see the name.
    09-24-15 06:57 AM
    I thought the same same about the "Leap" name.

No way they were actually going to use that.

But, guess what...?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 06:59 AM
    I have a feeling this is all false
    You trust people too much. I came to the conclusion that the level of stupidity in the world is far greater than a sane person can imagine.
    09-24-15 07:00 AM
    Now normally when you see someone saying "once it's hits the stores I'm buying" you don't really think twice, but then they add the words "a couple" lol

I'll. Be saving us for 3 years, then purchase on a flash sale with borrowed money added to my savings lol

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on OS 10.3.3.271
    This gave me a nice laugh to start the morning. I'm delighted by your down-to-earth honesty. Lol.

 Posted via CB10 on my Q10 
    Matty likes this.
    09-24-15 07:04 AM
    All this speculation is great stuff to talk about, but the bottom line for us folks waiting to buy one is when is the RELEASE DATE?????? I sure hope they don't drag their feet on this launch, announce the device and when we can buy it ASAP please?????
    Blacklatino likes this.
    09-24-15 07:06 AM
    Could also be a leak test. Tell each division a different name, and see which one leaks to which source. Could help narrow down the sources if you're goal is to stop leaks.
    Though in all likelihood we'd be seeing multiple names out there at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 07:34 AM
    You're joking right? Everyone here has the right to be furious at BlackBerry if this isn't some marketing test. This name is offensive! I wouldn't let children near something named after a toilet.

There is a negative view about BlackBerry for you.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2639 / T-Mobile USA
    What's so offensive about the name PRIV? Is it any more offensive than the name iPad?
    anon(2313227) likes this.
    09-24-15 07:47 AM

I just knew the android lovers were going to come up with something like this. BlackBerry made a huge mistake making an android device to begin with. Now they made another huge mistake naming it something so stupid.
    Stop fooling yourselves and face the fact that this "slider" is going to be a massive failure. Reasons:
    Too expensive (pretty sure)
    BlackBerry name on it
    Slider
    Secure android (android people don't care and want root)
    Now the stupidest name I have heard for a phone

It's done, and soon BlackBerry will be also. I really USED to like BlackBerry.
    09-24-15 07:50 AM
60 123