I'm assuming, but don't actually know, that the Priv is quicker and faster than everything the Classic does.

But how much faster?

Even though it may be a few seconds(sometimes 10's of seconds), I tire of waiting for my Classic to do my command I just gave it.

Under heavy multitasking situations, is the Priv near immediate or do you have to also wait for the phone to do what you wanted?

I'd love to see a side by side video of common done tasks between these phones. (Mercury too when it comes out)
    01-09-17 01:59 PM
    I have both and almost everything is fater on the Priv. The phone app works faster picking up phone calls hanging up opening the app etc. Attaching files opening text work faster on priv too. All basic and advance aps work faster on the priv. I have animations off and its nearly instant in opening things. The only thing that opens up faster on the classic is the hub but I use the hub widget on the priv a lot instead of opening up the whole app and that works just as fast. Camera is way faster. Even composing a message takes less time since there is no lag in the text app opening and sending. Big thing for me is just the basics like hanging up or opening up the phone app on the classic take too long. And then apps like fb and crackberry and instagram etc all work way faster on the priv. Night and day. I love the classic, have tried to use it a few times as main device after switching to the priv but it is simply too slow and doing basic things for a modern device.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    01-09-17 02:09 PM
    Give some suggestions as to what you mean by heavy multitasking?

I will say that loading some Android apps that a newer phone is much faster than the old four year old technology that went into the Classic. For me just loading the camera app and time between pressing the button and taking a picture is maybe a few microseconds faster.

But multitasking...
    01-09-17 02:11 PM
    Multitasking for me would be working in, switching between, copy/pasting and typing within ALL of the following in a 4 minute or less period; OneNote, Remember, phone, Excel file, an email, file explorer, calendar and camera.
    01-09-17 02:34 PM
    Yes I had the Classic and it was slower with almost everything compared to the Priv.
    01-09-17 03:21 PM
    You may find switching between apps on PRIV to be not much faster, unless you set up swipes on the PRIV. I have not done this, have not taken the time to learn it.
    Other than that, the PRIV is faster.

I have NOT regretted moving to the PRIV. The keyboard is (in my opinion) slightly worse than the Classic, but the larger screen is really worth it.
    I used to read books on my iPad instead of my Classic due to the larger size, but with the PRIV I find the size adequate for reading books long-term.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-09-17 04:20 PM