Months ago my wife asked me to contact AT&T to see why her Priv kept dropping the Bluetooth connection to her car. The "advanced level" tech had me change some settings.

As soon as the next reboot the WiFi and Bluetooth both quit working. Every time you try to turn either one on it just sits there a few minutes without finding anything and then turns itself off.

Has anyone else seen this? Can it be fixed?? I tried resetting all network options to OEM but no luck. Neither radio ever finds the outside world.

Suggestions?

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    08-10-18 06:10 AM
    Months ago my wife asked me to contact AT&T to see why her Priv kept dropping the Bluetooth connection to her car. The "advanced level" tech had me change some settings.

As soon as the next reboot the WiFi and Bluetooth both quit working. Every time you try to turn either one on it just sits there a few minutes without finding anything and then turns itself off.

Has anyone else seen this? Can it be fixed?? I tried resetting all network options to OEM but no luck. Neither radio ever finds the outside world.

Suggestions?

It's hardware. Soon will be followed by the cell radio, happened to mine. If you check the MAC address in Settings it might be straight zeros.

Don't know how mine was repaired by the modder shop, but I'm guessing a solder reflow on the baseband chip
    08-10-18 03:12 PM
    Does that mean if the MAC address is wrong perhaps it's possible that I might edit it?

08-11-18 05:25 AM
    Does that mean if the MAC address is wrong perhaps it's possible that I might edit it?

No. It's detected. Which means your Wi-Fi chip got disconnected from the board.

Put it in a freezer and it might work for a few minutes, or a cold window ledge on a winter day, basically that's how I got mine to run a backup before sending it in for repair.
    08-11-18 08:30 AM
    That's rather odd, it had been working fine before I had the AT&T "advanced tech" convince me to modify some settings. Assuming that the chip did come loose, is it even fixable? So many repairs cost more than 75% of getting a replacement device...

We hate to squeeze the cost of a new phone out of our budget atm, since the only reason for replacement IS the WiFi & Bluetooth failure.

08-21-18 12:09 PM
    Assuming that the chip did come loose, is it even fixable?
    Well mine was indeed fixed. But in China so labour was cheap (er, free in my case, it was warranty from my mod)

Did you try restoring those settings they asked you change?
    08-23-18 09:13 PM
    Unfortunately not, as the current AT&T people insist that nothing they would've had me modify could possibly be the issue, and of course since we tried doing a factory reset then "obviously" the issue couldn't be their fault anyway.

08-26-18 01:52 PM
    @ToniCipriani I tried to google what or where the chip IS on my Priv but I couldn't find anything. Could you tell me or show me what the chip looks like?
    07-12-19 04:16 PM