Very minor here. But here are two things that do bother me about unlocking my priv.

1. PIN unlocking. I prefer to use a pin, but the number one thing that bothers me is having to hit enter after entering the correct passcode. I guess it does add an extra layer of security because the phone won't automatically unlock if someone luckily guesses it, but it's just a bothersome extra step for me.

2. This one is hard to explain. For those of you BB10 users. When I had my passport, I had it set to unlock after a certain amount of time, not immediately after turning off the display. But if I did want to lock it immediately, I could hold down the power button for a second, and it would say "powering off in 3..2..1" but if you let go it would give you the option to lock the device. This was wonderful, because if I knew my passport was on me, I could quickly pull it out of my pocket and swipe up without having to enter a pass code every time. But let's say if I was leaving it away from me, (say I left it in a different room charging or if I was playing music and Ieft it somewhere), I could hold the power key down and hit lock and have that extra peace in mind knowing my passport was all locked up when not physically in my possession.

Again, 2 very minor things here, but the second one I especially liked a lot on BB10 and I miss that simple feature on my priv.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-01-16 12:02 AM
    RE...

#1: It is what it is.

#2: You can add a shortcut to your homescreen that will allow you to lock your Priv with a simple tap. Go to the App Drawer > Shortcuts. Drag the Lock screen shortcut to your homescreen. This is actually quicker than the BB10 power button method.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-01-16 12:49 AM
    RE...

#1: It is what it is.

#2: You can add a shortcut to your homescreen that will allow you to lock your Priv with a simple tap. Go to the App Drawer > Shortcuts. Drag the Lock screen shortcut to your homescreen. This is actually quicker than the BB10 power button method.
    For #2 it'll still lock immediately. I want to have the ability to lock the screen, put it in my pocket and then when I need it again it doesn't require a pin to unlock. There's that smart lock option with on body detection but I don't really trust that.

10-01-16 08:06 AM
    Install a screen off app to turn off the screen without locking. Press the power button or double tap (by setting up advanced interaction first) when you want to lock the phone immediately. Do nothing and the phone will lock automatically after a set time frame. Use Smart Lock to keep your phone unlocked when a Smart Lock condition (such as when you're carrying it) is met.
    Last edited by YeemanBB; 10-01-16 at 08:44 AM.
    10-01-16 08:09 AM
    In your security settings, just set it to lock after X amount of time after sleeping and turn off the "power button automatically locks" option and you can have exactly what you are after without having to install a third party app.

JB

Uzi likes this.
    10-02-16 07:38 AM
    In your security settings, just set it to lock after X amount of time after sleeping and turn off the "power button automatically locks" option and you can have exactly what you are after without having to install a third party app.

JB

And then how do I lock it on demand before the designated period if I want.

10-05-16 11:10 AM
    And then how do I lock it on demand before the designated period if I want.

With a Lock Screen shortcut.
    PRIV Locking/Lock Screen Annoyance-screenshot_20161005-182250.jpg
    10-05-16 11:24 AM
    B just saying! Have found sometimes they get buggy when working with security features to manage screen lock. What's a good stable app for this purpose!?

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)running Android 6.0.1
    10-06-16 10:36 AM
    With a Lock Screen shortcut.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20161005-182250.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	409573
    Ahh you're a good man. Assuming you're a man

Mirko935 likes this.
    10-06-16 05:24 PM
    Actually I'm using Nova launcher, so I cannot add the lock screen shortcut

10-06-16 05:28 PM
    Actually I'm using Nova launcher, so I cannot add the lock screen shortcut

Sorry for the late reply, for some reason I haven't noticed your message until now.

I just tried with my long-time favorite, Next Launcher, and indeed I can't put that shortcut. But Next has it's own "Lock Screen" shortcut, plus you can set a double-tap or some other gesture to lock the screen.

PRIV Locking/Lock Screen Annoyance-screenshot-12-nov-2016-09_04_10-.jpg

edit: Next really has overly colorful default icon pack , but it can be changed. Definitely give it a try if you're interested in a different launcher. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...launcher.trial
    11-12-16 02:08 AM