And by BlackBerry I mean BlackBerry Limited aka Research In Motion?

As far as I know, the Priv was the last device they designed as well as created, and it's first ever device running Android(obviously).

But I'm curious.. once TCL acquired the license to become the new generation BlackBerry Mobile and they created the KeyOne.. was the KeyOne really TCL's design? Or was it BlackBerry Ltd. Design and they gave it to BBMobile to create?

Because remember, BBMobile came out with the DTEK series too which was sort of a gimmick since it was basically an older phones exact design with BlackBerry logo stamped and BlackBerry android OS.

Does this apply to the Key2 as well? Because the Key2 looks like the Passport Silver Edition molded into different dimensions. Did BlackBerry Ltd design the Key2 as well?

Can someone sprinkle berries of wisdom and please let me know who's intellectual property designed these gorgeous machines????

Posted via CB10
    11-08-18 05:35 PM
    Pretty sure BB/RIM designed the initial version of the K1 (Codename Venice?). TCL manufactured it though. I would imagine they also played a role in the K2 design. But yes, Priv was the last device designed and produced by BB/RIM.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-18 05:44 PM