A quick comparison of the two phones that I have had.
    I upgraded to the keyone because of the whole no nougat for priv business and because it looked pretty cool. For the record, I have had no issues with the priv, no overheating, lag etc, and have had no screen lift issues or poor reception with the keyone.
    That being said, I like the keyone fine, its just not better than the priv to me. They are different and both good in their ways, but the thing that annoyed me was not having the swipe up feature for quick access to three apps. Coming from the passport to the priv, I really missed the BB10 hub and the swipe from the left to open it. I got really used to the swipe up and had the hub right in the middle for instant opening. As silly as it sounds, thats what is bringing me back to the priv.
    Im not much of a fan of the key shortcuts, its fine but I guess Im still hanging on to a bit of nostalgia for the old days.
    I should note that the keyone I have is the ATT space black version and its solid. In the end tho, I guess its the little things *shrugs*
    09-25-17 04:28 AM
    I have my Priv quick launch gestures setup so I open up the hub by swiping up as well, so I totally understand. I wasn't aware that feature was lost with the KEYONE.
    09-25-17 06:31 AM
    I actually like seeing threads like these. As someone who is still holding on to BB10 for as long as he can, I'm considering the Priv as my entry into the Android world.

With all of the horror stories on here, it's good to hear some positive experiences. It's the design of the Priv that does it for me. The Torch was my all-time favorite and the Priv brings it back (sort-of).

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino and meilenstein like this.
    09-25-17 06:40 AM
    Different strokes, different folks. I had the Priv for a solid 16 months and it served me well, other than processor throttling that drove me nuts. I've now owned an unlocked KeyOne and absolutely love it - THIS is the smartphone I've been waiting for. The way I see it, here were the advantages it had over the Priv:
    - perfect size (Priv was slightly too wide for cupholders, for instance)
    - clickier keyboard, though I was fast on the Priv too...
    - zero processor throttling
    - Nougat with same BlackBerry security
    - MASSIVELY better battery life
    - Much improved camera.

This may be sacrilegious to say but I'm one of those users who just can't understand the appeal of BlackBerry Hub. It's cluttered and cumbersome to use; the inability to delete messages from the message list itself (like on the BlackBerry Passport) made it useless to me. Just my humble opinion, of course. Maybe one of y'all can teach me their use case on Android? ... I just use Textra (awesome) and Gmail separately... it's fine.

The Priv was a much better entertainment device: the screen was big and beautiful, and I loved how the speaker pointed to the front.

But for those who want a better communication/productivity device that's built like a tank and lasts all day and then some, the KeyOne is the better buy, IMO. That's what led to my decision to switch and I haven't regretted it.

Hope this helps other folks on the fence.
    phuoc likes this.
    09-25-17 06:54 AM
    Yes it's because nugget cannot fit onto the priv comfortably somebody may do it but without the Blackberry stuff however priv is still being updated for the foreseeable future with its regular security patches
    09-25-17 07:16 AM
    A quick comparison of the two phones that I have had.
    I upgraded to the keyone because of the whole no nougat for priv business and because it looked pretty cool. For the record, I have had no issues with the priv, no overheating, lag etc, and have had no screen lift issues or poor reception with the keyone.
    That being said, I like the keyone fine, its just not better than the priv to me. They are different and both good in their ways, but the thing that annoyed me was not having the swipe up feature for quick access to three apps. Coming from the passport to the priv, I really missed the BB10 hub and the swipe from the left to open it. I got really used to the swipe up and had the hub right in the middle for instant opening. As silly as it sounds, thats what is bringing me back to the priv.
    Im not much of a fan of the key shortcuts, its fine but I guess Im still hanging on to a bit of nostalgia for the old days.
    I should note that the keyone I have is the ATT space black version and its solid. In the end tho, I guess its the little things *shrugs*
    You can enable the 3 swipe up shortcuts in a settings database app. If you are interested, I can post instructions.
    09-25-17 07:25 AM
    As someone who has had the Priv since launch, almost 2 years now, I am on the fence regarding getting a KEYone. My Priv has performed well meeting my needs and I haven't had any issues with the functionality of the Priv.

It's interesting to me to read the OP's findings and his experience with the KEYone vs the Priv was nice to read. His post reaffirms my position to hang on to my Priv as it serves my needs currently.

I know I will ultimately upgrade from my Priv at some point but I will no doubt wait a while. No doubt TCL/BlackBerry Mobile will come out with new devices... maybe an upgraded KEYone perhaps? Who knows as Black Friday is soon approaching maybe there will be tempting pricing on the KEYone?

In any event, I am going to wait and see what shakes out over the next few months as I am not seeing any significant upside to pick up a KEYone at this time.

Bob
    09-25-17 08:07 AM
    I actually like seeing threads like these. As someone who is still holding on to BB10 for as long as he can, I'm considering the Priv as my entry into the Android world.

With all of the horror stories on here, it's good to hear some positive experiences. It's the design of the Priv that does it for me. The Torch was my all-time favorite and the Priv brings it back (sort-of).

Posted via CB10
    I went 9810 Torch -> Classic -> PRIV. Really like the slider form factor.

I have been completely happy with the PRIV.
    Would I go to a KeyONE? Perhaps. I was looking at one on the weekend and it's interesting. I do feel that the PRIV keyboard is only 85% as good as the Classic's. Visually, the KeyONE's keyboard looks rather Classic-like.

So, as a Torch fan I think that you would likely enjoy the PRIV. Remember that Android isn't BB10: I've changed operating systems often enough that I have not bothered to try and make my Android setup look/act like BB10. Android is more work than BB10, but gives me some critical apps that I was missing.

So, I have no hesitancy in recommending the PRIV unless you're into heavy gaming.
    09-25-17 09:29 AM
    I own both the Priv and KEYone, and I would not hesitate to keep the Priv if I didn't want to use the PKB constantly on the KEYone.

The smart play, money-wise, is always to keep a paid-off phone (or car or anything else that depreciates) as long as possible. Then you can by a better phone (new or used) as the technology advances.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Carmels and Gray like this.
    09-25-17 10:08 AM
    I love them both so much that I use the PRIV for personal use, enterprise etc and K1 for work. this way I have the best of both :-)
    09-25-17 10:21 AM
    Love my Priv. Came here from the Passport, and it's a good transition to Android. The Hub is almost identical to the BB10 Hub, including swiping left to delete a message. Once you disable all the Android tracking and spying features, the battery is pretty decent. I'll wait at least another year before I get the (much more affordable) K1.
    09-25-17 12:53 PM
    Love my Priv. Came here from the Passport, and it's a good transition to Android. The Hub is almost identical to the BB10 Hub, including swiping left to delete a message. Once you disable all the Android tracking and spying features, the battery is pretty decent. I'll wait at least another year before I get the (much more affordable) K1.
    Mind sharing what these tracking/spying features are and how to shut them down? I'm umm... asking for a friend.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    09-25-17 01:11 PM
    i still have it. it suits my needs, but I am annoyed by a lot of the 'broken' parts. flexible back, loud vibration, dead pixel, screen gets loose all the time. Wish I had a KEYone, but i think I'll wait for Krypton revealed next month to make up my mind.
    phuoc likes this.
    09-25-17 05:07 PM
    Mind sharing what these tracking/spying features are and how to shut them down? I'm umm... asking for a friend.
    So many Android apps want to know your location! Even some games. Go through permissions for each app and turn off location for anything other than a map/navigation app or Find My Device. Also turn off Contacts permissions - unless you want your contacts to receive notifications or ads based on what you do on your phone. These are the big ones.

On browsers, I have given up being anonymous. If I conceal my profile, I get really inappropriate ads, so I have my profile filled out. Of course, you don't have to be truthful about it...
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    09-25-17 11:49 PM
    After using BB10 for 2 years, I thought I would miss BB10 after switching to android. I thought I would miss the gestures and the "peek and flow" of the hub. Not the case.

I was open to the change to the android and it turned out to be a worthwhile switch. I initially switched to a Nexus 6p. I loved the phone. the reason I switched is because the Priv was cheaper and I started to feel nostalgic.

So when I switched to the Priv, it was a win-win. Still got security updates like the Nexus 6p. Even got the Google Launcher setup just like it. I just left Nougat and now Oreo on the table. I'm fine with Marshmallow. Just miss split-screen.

I guess my point is I don't mind giving something up if I am going to get something great in return. When I switch to the KeyOne from Priv, I would give up the swipe shortcuts for immaculate battery life. I would also give up a better display for an OS update to Nougat and also Oreo. Kind of sucks to look at it that way but that's the way of the world; adapting to change.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    09-26-17 07:30 AM
    I DO miss BB10. In BB10 everything is more straight forward. Android has a ton of redundant settings, and intricate menus. But once you get used to it, it's pretty decent. Before jumping to the Priv, I watched tons of videos and reviews, and thankfully they didn't scared me, cause until now, none of the negative things or issues that I heard off happened to my device.
    I updated right out of the box to MM, the battery life is normal. I end the day with more than 40% left on the battery on a normal day. No overheating at all, no major lags. Coming from the Passport SE one know what is like to overheat when you use google maps plugged to the charger. The upper right corner gets REALLY hot!

Other thing I noticed is inside my house with the Passport I had barely one line on the reception under 4g, with the Priv I have so much better reception with 3 lines all the time in the same spot.
    Other thing I didn't thought I would care at the beginning is the advantage of having the option to use the PKB or the VKB depending the situation. That brings me back to the times when I was rocking my 9810. Sliders are so convenient.
    skinnymike1 and glwerry like this.
    09-26-17 10:45 AM
    Some tech sites say that the Priv has the best reception of ANY cell phone.
    09-26-17 08:59 PM
    Some tech sites say that the Priv has the best reception of ANY cell phone.
    Sources?
    09-26-17 11:06 PM
    * CB forums (this thread) :P

But, in all seriousness, of the complaints about the Priv, I have NEVER read or heard that it had a poor signal. The same cannot be said for the KEYone. And, I'm probably in the minority here, but I still use my device primarily as a phone (shocking, I know), so this is actually a pretty big piece of criteria. "Does it actually work as a phone?"
    09-27-17 06:00 AM
    The Priv works as a phone, as a messaging device, as a social communication device, as an Internet surfing device. The Priv just works and with the option of pkb and vkb. I have loved my Priv and moving to it from BB10 took some adjustment, but I am glad I made the move.

My next phone won't be a BlackBerry, but I will support them thru this suite of apps. Sadly the Priv will soon stop getting security updates and it won't get Nougat, so I will move on, but not until next year.

Man how I wish someone would come up with a specked out Priv 2. Gonna miss my physical keyboard.
    09-27-17 06:24 AM
    Man how I wish someone would come up with a specked out Priv 2. Gonna miss my physical keyboard.
    It could happen. Let's not hold our breath but still hold on to some hope!
    09-27-17 06:28 AM
    Here's a sample article: What Phone Has The Best Call Quality: The Best Phones For 2016 | Know Your Mobile. I don't own a Priv; it's just something I bump into occasionally when reading about cell phone comparisons. It surprised me at first, and it's not a consistent pattern.
    09-27-17 07:42 AM
    The Priv works as a phone, as a messaging device, as a social communication device, as an Internet surfing device. The Priv just works and with the option of pkb and vkb. I have loved my Priv and moving to it from BB10 took some adjustment, but I am glad I made the move.

My next phone won't be a BlackBerry, but I will support them thru this suite of apps. Sadly the Priv will soon stop getting security updates and it won't get Nougat, so I will move on, but not until next year.

I wholeheartedly agree with everything you have mentioned other than I have not made a decision on what my next device will be... I have been with BlackBerry since 2006 and I am a PKB addict. I just can't resign myself to consider a VKB device... I attempted that with my Z10.

I would love to get a KEYone, but as I have mentioned in another thread, I just don't see the value in getting one over what I have with my Priv based on it's performance and functionality. Maybe TCL/BBM will come out with a KEYtwo or a Priv2...

One major factor for me in addition to what I feel isn't a significant upgrade to the KEyone, is the build quality issues the KEYone experienced when officially launched. As well as all the different experiences people have shared here on CB with regard to getting a replacement device or their device repaired. The warranty experience certainly has been less than consistent.

So unless my almost 2 year old Priv craps out sooner than expected I am content to keep it while I explore my options in the future. But it's highly doubtful switching devices will be in the immediate future.

Bob
    09-27-17 09:03 AM

This may be sacrilegious to say but I'm one of those users who just can't understand the appeal of BlackBerry Hub. It's cluttered and cumbersome to use; the inability to delete messages from the message list itself (like on the BlackBerry Passport) made it useless to me.
    Unless I'm misunderstanding you, on the Android Hub, to select one or multiple messages to delete from the message list itself don't you just long-press the single message? That gives you an option to select multiple messages for deletion.

Cheers.
    09-27-17 02:56 PM
    Unless I'm misunderstanding you, on the Android Hub, to select one or multiple messages to delete from the message list itself don't you just long-press the single message? That gives you an option to select multiple messages for deletion.

Cheers.
    Yes this is true, but the Hub on the Passport would have trash and flag buttons next to the message for you to simply tap. It doesn't sound like it, but it was much faster.

Actually my biggest complaint is the inability to respond directly to SMS from the app. Tapping a text just to bring up a third-party SMS app is discombobulating and cumbersome. As a matter of fact, I re-enabled the Hub today figuring I'd give it another shot. But the SMS thing had me disabling the Hub yet again by the afternoon.

... and call me crazy but I think I noticed my battery life suffer quite a bit when the Hub was up and running. That's a big no-no!
    09-27-17 03:36 PM
42 12