Curious to see how many Priv owners are using the PKB. I rarely do though I did for this.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-22-15 03:50 PM
    i catch myself using a bit of both
    11-22-15 03:54 PM
    Only reason why I want to get this phone to replace my z10 is because of the touch and swipe keyboard on the screen! Love this feature and only reason why I haven't left my z10 yet.

Having said that I'm long overdue for an upgrade! My z10 keeps reseting itself every time I put it in my pocket or resting on a table. Just still don't know what to get cause Priv is huge compared to a z10.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 03:54 PM
    Only reason why I want to get this phone to replace my z10 is because of the touch and swipe keyboard on the screen! Love this feature and only reason why I haven't left my z10 yet.

Having said that I'm long overdue for an upgrade! My z10 keeps reseting itself every time I put it in my pocket or resting on a table. Just still don't know what to get cause Priv is huge compared to a z10.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    i moved on from the Z10 and aint looking back. went from the Z10 to Z30 to the Passport and now the Priv
    11-22-15 04:06 PM
    I try but find it hard lol the vkb is too good

11-22-15 04:10 PM
    I do use it fairly frequently but really comes into its own as a track pad for email's,documents and web browsing.

Taking time to adapt as not used one for a while but getting faster lol

11-22-15 04:40 PM
    The people I've talked to said they love the PKB but find themselves using it most often for reading articles, messages, emails, etc. using the capacitative touch feature. Most, not all have said the VKB is so great they have no need for the PKB for typing. It's just 4 people but that's what ive heard.
    11-22-15 04:46 PM
    I use it mainly for emails over 2 sentences.

I also used it for this post.
    11-22-15 04:51 PM
    PKB exclusively

Probably 80% of the reason I bought it

If I wasn't such a pkb fanatic, I definitely would have a different phone (better processor, could care less about camera though).

But I love it
    nonamenomore likes this.
    11-22-15 04:54 PM
    I do use it fairly frequently but really comes into its own as a track pad for email's,documents and web browsing.

Taking time to adapt as not used one for a while but getting faster lol

Yes. The track pad is very useful. I prefer the pkb because I get better flow...but still use the vkb in certain situations...with sound and vibration on.

Last edited by Mark Sb; 11-22-15 at 05:20 PM.
    11-22-15 04:55 PM
    I use both, I actually love the physical keyboard on the PRIV, so I don't mind using it at all.

11-22-15 05:00 PM
    I use it about 70% of the time I'm typing, if it's a one word yes/no or quick reply then I used the on screen keyboard but it's definitely not my preference, even though it is quicker.
    11-22-15 05:20 PM
    I mostly use the VKB.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on Priv
    11-22-15 05:33 PM
    I bought it purely for the physical keyboard so I've been using it almost exclusively. I can almost type without looking, but I still make a number of typos....
    John Doe99 and nonamenomore like this.
    11-22-15 06:51 PM
    I use it. To input messages and to scroll. I also use the virtual sometimes when it's going to be quick. It is a very BlackBerry keyboard.

Sent from Jiggy's Priv. . . .
    11-22-15 06:57 PM
    I use it when I write in English, but not in Swedish that has other characters like � � and �.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android and BlackBerry Priv
    11-23-15 03:57 AM
    I bought it bc it has the pkb. I'm coming from a Passport, so the first couple days were really rough trying to type on these small keys. That first weekend I was on the vkb all weekend.
    Now I mostly use the pkb, my error rate is very low now. And when I do make mistakes it's bc I typed it wrong vice hit an adjacent key.

I too think one of the most awesome uses for the pkb is when browsing in landscape, it makes an awesome scroll tool

Ps you would think BlackBerry would have transfered bc over, i'm adding it now

11-23-15 04:19 AM
    I forgot to mention that using the pkb for text editing is kicking my **** compared to bb10 Passport. I have not figured out how to get the magnifying thingy up (does it exist on android?)

11-23-15 04:21 AM
    Frets on keyboard

I wasn't sure why it was so difficult typing on the priv keyboard. Yes the keys are smaller than the passport. But inspecting the keys, it appears the keys are sloped downward which I think make It even harder to type. Wished they used a different pkb. But I am typing quicker after inspecting the slope and figuring out where to place my fingers.

11-23-15 04:43 AM