Not sure if you guys have had the chance to use it yet... the double tap to activate the keyboard scrolling... now where the predictive text goes, there are arrows to finely move the cursor! Up, down, left right.

Sweet update! Thanks BlackBerry!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Wikichick and hamzasalam like this.
    03-01-16 09:09 AM
    The arrows are pretty neat, albeit, they will get underrated. It's the little things that count!
    03-01-16 10:33 AM
    I liked the arrows. Now if we could get either a BlackBerry 10 style big circle cursor that is easy to move around
    or iPhone style magnifier-circle that is easy to move around, it'd ROCK!
    03-01-16 10:45 AM
    Just so people know you have to double tap the "Physical keyboard" when typing and in the place above the keyboard are soft keys that allow you to move the cursor. you can also double tap and just drag your finger across the keyboard it will also move the cursor a little but a little bit faster
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-01-16 02:11 PM
    I'm enjoying the prediction update with the addition of 10th 20th etc. Learns it after one or two uses.

anon(7915689) likes this.
    03-01-16 02:27 PM
    Keyboard is much more usable now, im making less typos

Bfalcon1 and 00stryder like this.
    03-01-16 02:53 PM
    Does anyone know if the APK can be extracted and used on other Android devices.
    03-01-16 03:40 PM
    Does anyone know how to remove learned words?

I have written one time things that are now being suggested and gets annoying.
    03-01-16 04:12 PM
    nice improvement we just need better battery management now.

Bobert_123 and Bfalcon1 like this.
    03-01-16 06:31 PM
    Does anyone know how to remove learned words?

I have written one time things that are now being suggested and gets annoying.
    Settings > Language & input > BlackBerry Keyboard Settings > Prediction and correction > Restricted words

Hit '+' near the top to bring up a dialog. You can then type in a word, or tap on "SEE LEARNED WORDS" to select (by long pressing) from a list of words learned from your typing - then tap "restrict" to apply the selections.

03-01-16 09:38 PM
    Settings > Language & input > BlackBerry Keyboard Settings > Prediction and correction > Restricted words

Hit '+' near the top to bring up a dialog. You can then type in a word, or tap on "SEE LEARNED WORDS" to select (by long pressing) from a list of words learned from your typing - then tap "restrict" to apply the selections.

Any idea pinch to zoom in pkb will be coming?
    03-01-16 09:49 PM

I think the OP is asking to how to just delete learned words rather than add them to the restricted list. In that case, the sequence is: Settings-->Language & Input--> BlackBerry Keyboard Settings --> Advanced-->Learn Words (slide to off) -->Check "delete learned words" box -->Learn Words (slider back on)

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv
    03-01-16 09:56 PM

I think the OP is asking to how to just delete learned words rather than add them to the restricted list. In that case, the sequence is: Settings-->Language & Input--> BlackBerry Keyboard Settings --> Advanced-->Learn Words (slide to off) -->Check "delete learned words" box -->Learn Words (slider back on)

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv
    Thank you.
    03-01-16 11:55 PM
    I'm glad you made this thread as I would have never thought to double tap the keyboard otherwise.

03-02-16 01:56 AM
    Hi everyone!!

The upgrade description is stating that if you hold the "del" key for 2 second it will delete one complete word at a time. It does not seem to work on my priv. Does it work on yours?

03-02-16 02:55 AM
    Does anyone know if the APK can be extracted and used on other Android devices.
    Yes it has been. I'm using it on my LG G3 right now. Downloaded from xda-developers.com. I love it, the LG keyboard doesn't compare to the BlackBerry!

jaydee5799 likes this.
    03-02-16 06:30 AM
    Cool! I hadn't tried that yet! Trying it now as I'm typing this!

03-02-16 07:09 AM
    Can someone post a video to show the rest of us non-priv owners these new updates?

Posted via CB10 
    03-02-16 07:13 AM
    Just got my priv yesterday in time for the update and was really impressed with how good the VKB is. I love having both choice of keyboards now. Enjoying this phone more than I thought I would initially.

03-02-16 07:20 AM
    Any idea pinch to zoom in pkb will be coming?
    Actually, the platform has supported this from initial launch. It takes work in individual apps to make use of the events.

It's not a gesture that the framework can really add on to an existing app in any generic, safe way. For example, we can't just re-inject touchscreen events somewhere on the screen, since those might cause a completely different action.

We've provided some guidance to app developers about how to exploit the touch keypad at http://devblog.blackberry.com/2015/1...yboard-part-2/. Hopefully we'll see more apps taking more complete advantage of the events.

Two examples where pinch-to-zoom can be seen in action are the BlackBerry Camera's picture viewer and the Calendar app's day and week views.

Uzi, Mecca EL, 00stryder and 1 others like this.
    03-02-16 08:17 AM
    Two examples where pinch-to-zoom can be seen in action are the BlackBerry Camera's picture viewer and the Calendar app's day and week views.
    I would never have thought to open my keyboard to interact with these apps learned something new again today. Wont ever use them because its more time consuming to open the keyboard then just do the same on the screen but cool to know the option is there!
    03-02-16 08:24 AM
    Hey, it works!

...too bad i have to use google keyboard...

03-02-16 10:31 AM
    Actually, the platform has supported this from initial launch. It takes work in individual apps to make use of the events.

It's not a gesture that the framework can really add on to an existing app in any generic, safe way. For example, we can't just re-inject touchscreen events somewhere on the screen, since those might cause a completely different action.

We've provided some guidance to app developers about how to exploit the touch keypad at http://devblog.blackberry.com/2015/1...yboard-part-2/. Hopefully we'll see more apps taking more complete advantage of the events.

I think it's a BlackBerry camera app to no? Why no pinch to zoom there?

Also, what's the best way to submit bugs/feature requests? I have found one with the calendar and BBM. Emailed through google play but received no reply.

Posted via my BlackBerry Slider
    03-02-16 11:44 AM
    @Mark thanks for the technical explanation
    03-02-16 11:50 AM
    I'm not sure if this is solely attributable to the update, but, for some reason I am now much more proficient and able to type much better with the pkb than I was before.

Also, love the dbl-tap cursor features. A very useful update.

Now all that is needed is a short cut for sending emails, such as, alt-
    Up Arrow-s, or something of that nature...

03-02-16 12:09 PM
55 123