< beginning of line
    ^ begin of paragraph/page
    V end of paragraph/page

Priv keyboard missing features-uploadfromtaptalk1462614685026.jpg
    05-07-16 04:51 AM
    That would be fantastic

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-08-16 01:01 AM
    They also need to implement a Chinese keyboard with pinyin. (Come on BBRY!)

05-08-16 01:40 AM
    Finally implemented CTRL key shortcuts for textinput fields in Version 2.1.x:
    • * copy "CTRL" + C
    • * paste "CTRL" + V
    • * cut "CTRL" + X
    • * mark all "CTRL" + A >> not listed in help
    • * undo "CTRL" + Z
    • * redo "CTRL" + Y
    • * delete last word "CTRL" + [BACKSPACE] >> not listed in help
      Where possible like in Hub, Note app:
    • * Bold CTRL" + B
    • * Italic CTRL" + I
    • * underline CTRL" + U

Thumbs up guys, this really helps a lot in using the pkb.

Anyone found more?
    Last edited by gizmo21; 05-27-16 at 12:01 AM.
    ahmedhanif911 and xKingHopy like this.
    05-26-16 05:12 PM
    Finally implemented CTRL key shortcuts in Version 2.1.x:
    • * copy "CTRL" + C
    • * paste "CTRL" + V
    • * cut "CTRL" + X
    • * mark all "CTRL" + A
    • * undo "CTRL" + Z
    • * redo "CTRL" + Y
    • * Bold CTRL" + B
    • * Italic CTRL" + I
    • * underline CTRL" + U

Anyone found more?
    what exactly do you mean by 'ctlr'? there's no button here which can do the tasks you listed above. Or is it app dependant?

Posted via the Priv running 'the Google'
    05-26-16 05:33 PM
    Grab yourself BlackBerry keyboard newest Version 2.1 - activate a key as CTRL key in settings feel the breeze

http://help.blackberry.com/en/keyboa...892200205.html

It's systemwide then even copying/pasting that url above from Firefox worked.
    05-26-16 05:37 PM
    Finally I see again that attention into the details that was lost with BB10 and that made me falling in love with BBOS at the very beginning!

Great job BlackBerry!!!

gizmo21 and FF22 like this.
    05-26-16 05:45 PM
    Finally implemented CTRL key shortcuts in Version 2.1.x:
    • * copy "CTRL" + C
    • * paste "CTRL" + V
    • * cut "CTRL" + X
    • * mark all "CTRL" + A >> not listed in help
    • * undo "CTRL" + Z
    • * redo "CTRL" + Y
    • * Bold CTRL" + B
    • * Italic CTRL" + I
    • * underline CTRL" + U

Anyone found more?
    Under the covers, this is really just sending key events to apps with a control modifier. As a BlackBerry Keyboard feature, it only works during text editing sessions while the BlackBerry Keyboard is active.

Apps and some framework components provide varying support for these ctrl-modified keys. In particular, I should clarify that undo and redo support in TextView controls (used by many apps) exists in Marshmallow but not earlier, while in WebViews (including the message body composing emails in Hub) it should work on Lollipop as well.

Some apps support text formatting (ctrl-i, ctrl-b, ctrl-u) and ctrl-backspace is widely supported for deleting the last word - those of you who started using "type by swiping" but miss being able to swipe left to delete a word may find that this mitigates that loss a bit.

I'm sure there are some other neat ctrl key combinations people will discover in other apps.

Enjoy!
    Mark from BlackBerry
    05-26-16 05:55 PM
    Under the covers, this is really just sending key events to apps with a control modifier. As a BlackBerry Keyboard feature, it only works during text editing sessions while the BlackBerry Keyboard is active.

Apps and some framework components provide varying support for these ctrl-modified keys. In particular, I should clarify that undo and redo support in TextView controls (used by many apps) exists in Marshmallow but not earlier, while in WebViews (including the message body composing emails in Hub) it should work on Lollipop as well.

Some apps support text formatting (ctrl-i, ctrl-b, ctrl-u) and ctrl-backspace is widely supported for deleting the last word - those of you who started using "type by swiping" but miss being able to swipe left to delete a word may find that this mitigates that loss a bit.

I'm sure there are some other neat ctrl key combinations people will discover in other apps.

Enjoy!
    Mark from BlackBerry
    The problem with this implementation is that you have to select a text field before the shortcuts start working. This is a problem in apps such as Chrome and Firefox because Ctrl+T and Ctrl+W don't work unless you select a text field in the webpage.

05-26-16 05:58 PM
    Selecting text is not the problem for me (how should it know which text to copy otherwise), but the need of textfields is a certain drawback (which Mark wanted to point out I think). It means CTRL shortcuts doesn't work on webpages or incoming mails in hub.

Nevertheless thanks to the BlackBerry Team for heads-up and implementation as it helps a lot in composing texts.
    05-26-16 11:57 PM
    Grab yourself BlackBerry keyboard newest Version 2.1 - activate a key as CTRL key in settings feel the breeze

http://help.blackberry.com/en/keyboa...892200205.html

holy, it works. Thanks!
    awesome!

Posted via the Priv running 'the Google'
    05-27-16 02:56 AM
    Still no Chinese language support...yet Vietnamese and Korean are added.....thanks BBRY!

05-27-16 03:21 AM

About Ctrl shortcuts - Keyboard - 2.1.0

This is one of the major updates ever on the keyboard . Thanks for proliferating .
    05-28-16 01:52 AM
    Still no Chinese language support...yet Vietnamese and Korean are added.....thanks BBRY!

Hi johnnydoesai,

Thanks for bearing with us. :-) Chinese Pinyin is very high on our priority list. I can't comment precisely on when it will be available, but you shouldn't be waiting too much longer.

Colin, from BlackBerry
    05-29-16 07:42 PM
    2. Symbol-page: ad-hoc usage of a new symbol:

I really like the custom symbol function and I use it very often.
    One thing I miss is the possibility to ad hoc choose an other symbol that is not on the custompage but is available in the backend (when configuring the symbolpage).
    What I would like to see is a way to customise one of the customsymbolpage keys as "more symbols"-key. When pressing this key a menu opens with ALL the possible symbols, perhaps in an simple scrolldownmenu.

This way if I perhaps need the symbol ™ only once ad hoc, I don't have to reconfigure the whole custom symbol page one for that one occasion.
    Last edited by gizmo21; 03-31-18 at 02:34 PM.
    03-15-17 04:38 AM