Since I've had my Priv, I've been unable to use an SD card in it. Whenever I insert a brand new SD card, the priv says there is some kind of error and asks me to format it. I try and format it on the Priv, and it gets stuck at 20% and stays like that for as long as you can leave it there. Then I try and format them on the PC, and the PC can't fix them because they're corrupted. SD card ruined.

Anyone else having this problem? For the last year I've just accepted it won't work and don't use it, but now I'm running out of space and I don't like having photos etc in the cloud, so I want to finally use that SD card.

I've generally been using 64GB Samsung cards.
    12-06-16 12:49 AM
    How many sd cards were corrupted? If it is just one, it could be that your sd card was defective. If many, then it may be your priv.
    12-06-16 01:25 AM
    I had one too many 64G SD cards go bad on me in short order. I started using just 32G cards. Branding might make a difference, I like PLNY but Sandisk works good. I do have one 64G sd card left that didn't mess up.

I try to NOT format my new cards, so far have never formatted one for using on BlackBerrys. When copying something to a friend's card by sticking his card in my phone, I always ge a popup error message that says it won't work, but I ignore it and it does work.

This is not a solution, I know.

I have yet to have a 32G card go bad on me.
    12-06-16 03:00 AM
    Yes I have had issues with more than one corrupted card. I am running a 128GB card now for a couple of weeks with some success. Here is what is working for me. San Disc Extreme Plus 128GB Class 10 but speed is U3. Formatted to exFAT in my computer with 128kb partitions and inserted into phone only after exFAT driver was already installed on phone from Google Play Store. I do run it in the portable storage mode but DO NOT remove it from my phone. Any deviation from this has resulted in corrupted cards on my phone. I hope this helps others.
    12-06-16 07:16 AM
    Stating the obvious, but the card should be dismounted, or phone turned off before removing card. And to play it safe I turn phone off before inserting.
    Been using the same 128GB class 10 for right at a year now. Can't remember the UHS speed, or brand, Sandisk I think.
    12-06-16 07:42 AM
    Since I've had my Priv, I've been unable to use an SD card in it. Whenever I insert a brand new SD card, the priv says there is some kind of error and asks me to format it. I try and format it on the Priv, and it gets stuck at 20% and stays like that for as long as you can leave it there. Then I try and format them on the PC, and the PC can't fix them because they're corrupted. SD card ruined.

Anyone else having this problem? For the last year I've just accepted it won't work and don't use it, but now I'm running out of space and I don't like having photos etc in the cloud, so I want to finally use that SD card.

I've generally been using 64GB Samsung cards.
    It could be a defective phone.

Blackberry Support 1-866-533-8067
    0800-141-3330 (UK)
    12-06-16 09:37 AM
    It's a nasty problem indeed. Don't let people (in the store) tell you that your SD card might me faulty and that you thus need a new one. It's the Priv. Cause? UNKNOWN. Here's a nice thread for you, pal.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...moved-1087886/
    12-06-16 09:51 AM
    My priv corrupted a Lexar 32gb one I had a couple months ago, since then I got a Samsung 64gb one and it's been going fine ever since... *knocks on wood*
    12-06-16 12:22 PM
    Where did you get the card? You would not believe the number of fake cards that are being sold, even from reputable vendors.
    12-06-16 03:31 PM
    Thanks for the help. Definitely appears to be the Priv. Not particularly happy about it but I don't fancy forking out for another phone. I really don't want to leave BlackBerry, but with the clicking on the side of the Priv (I had to go through three before I got one that wasn't too bad), the overheating and lagging, the SD card thing...It's hard to stick with BlackBerry. Hopefully the DTEK 70 will be much better.
    12-06-16 09:40 PM
    How can a device brake an SD card like this? Shouldn't any errors caused by the phone be fixed by formating on a computer?

Regardless of the cause, you should try to get the SD cards replaced on warranty . Most big name brands (sandisk, lexar, etc) offer very good warranties.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-06-16 11:28 PM
    Sorry to revive an thread here. I have an AT&T unlocked Priv that I use on Telus. I have just had the same experience. My Priv corrupted a Lexar 64gb, after reading this post I tried a different brand sd card, Kingston 64gb, and the moment I went to format it, it got stuck at 20% and corrupted. This is frustrating due to how many apps I use that need an "sd card"
    01-13-17 03:15 PM
    No sources, because I was looking for something entirely different, and don't remember where. But I ran across a number of references citing android 5 and 6 was kind of flaky with 'safely remove' or dismount. Invariably the advise was to turn phone completely off before removing card.
    For some reason forgotten, I've been in the habit of doing this for years, and have never had a corrupted card.

This wouldn't apply to you guys installing brand new cards. But the below does.
    Make sure you have exFat installed - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ry.exfat&hl=en
    It should have been on phone from factory, but it isn't.
    There are a lot of counterfeit cards out there, if you bought from eBay or a third party Amazon vendor, your odds of having a fake card are good.
    You can verify a card with this - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...humanlogic.sdi
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    01-14-17 06:18 AM
    Mine said the same. Remove it and format it as exfat on a pc then put back into the phone. The phone will then ask to install the drivers from the playstore. Once complete youre good to go
    01-14-17 06:29 AM
    Or you can put the drivers on the phone first, then you don't have to format in computer, the phone can format it.
    01-14-17 07:13 AM
    No sources, because I was looking for something entirely different, and don't remember where. But I ran across a number of references citing android 5 and 6 was kind of flaky with 'safely remove' or dismount. Invariably the advise was to turn phone completely off before removing card.
    For some reason forgotten, I've been in the habit of doing this for years, and have never had a corrupted card.

This wouldn't apply to you guys installing brand new cards. But the below does.
    Make sure you have exFat installed - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ry.exfat&hl=en
    It should have been on phone from factory, but it isn't.
    There are a lot of counterfeit cards out there, if you bought from eBay or a third party Amazon vendor, your odds of having a fake card are good.
    You can verify a card with this - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...humanlogic.sdi
    Thank you wezard I installed the SD Insight reader and my newly purchased Samsung 64 gb card is legit. Great find!
    FF22 likes this.
    01-14-17 06:25 PM