After spending the past week wanting to throw my Priv against a wall constantly, I finally reached the point today where I had learned the droid os and had my Priv tweaked to 100% custom awesomeness. And then came today....

30 minutes ago, my Priv's screen froze and then 5 min after that, it died. Nothing I've tried will revive it. A quick search didn't bring up any other posts about a dead Priv. I hope this is an isolated incident and I'll start a return with BlackBerry tomorrow. Ugh.

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    11-24-15 02:02 PM
    Try a hard reset, if it doesn't work return it and get a new one.

good luck.

I'm getting my Priv soon and despite all the problems it'd a fluke and just that. (hopefully)

Posted via Z30
    11-24-15 02:17 PM
    Try doing a hard reset, if that doesn't work call BlackBerry with the number in the box. They'll save you. The hard reset usually works, though. Hold power button for 32 seconds then release. You may have to do a factory reset which would suck.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-24-15 03:19 PM
    Hard reset brings it back alive (thanks for the tip!), but the screen is unresponsive to touch. Being a complete BlackBerryaholic, my devices are always treated better than my own children, so to have this happen out of the blue is disturbing, but not a death nail.....still have my SE and Classic.

Not sure whether to return or replace.

11-24-15 03:41 PM
    Curious, is there an SD card in it? If so, remove it and reboot and see what happens...
    11-24-15 06:19 PM
    Try doing a hard reset, if that doesn't work call BlackBerry with the number in the box. They'll save you. The hard reset usually works, though. Hold power button for 32 seconds then release. You may have to do a factory reset which would suck.

When was yours made, date on the box or build number? I'm wondering if it was a rushed batch that has errors. How can there be so many different experiences. My wife hasn't had any problems with hers, mine yes.
    techvisor likes this.
    11-24-15 10:15 PM
    What?! That bites! I can only suggest what others have said thus far. I hope you can revive it. I'd be sick with grief.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 10:49 PM
    Go back to the passport if you got one.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 10:57 PM
    echange it for a new one. even if it comes back to life once it might just happen again
    11-24-15 11:05 PM
    echange it for a new one. even if it comes back to life once it might just happen again
    Unfortunately I'd lean towards this. Too many electronics that I've had where they go full-on buggy, miraculously begin to work again and work for a couple weeks/months, and then die completely..

With a fresh phone you'll get a potentially proper, untarnished version of the Priv experience you deserve!

Let BlackBerry sort out the defunct hardware from defunct software :P
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    11-24-15 11:49 PM
    ...............my devices are always treated better than my own children, ...................

SHAME on you! Perhaps this is a lesson in that regards?
    Lol
    jamesharmeling, gvs1341 and Xaiux like this.
    11-26-15 12:45 AM
    This is good advice. Whatever triggered the near-death event may be waiting to happen again.

Seriously, return it. I've owned two devices with flaws so widespread they received names (an IPAQ 110 with 'neillm' syndrome and a Sony Tablet S that occasionally enters the 'sleep of death'). Having had those experiences, if I had a device with issues that cropped up within the the return window, it would be going back that day.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    11-26-15 08:21 AM
    Go back to the passport if you got one.

Posted via CB10
    Been using my SE Passport and honestly....the Priv seems like a toy compared to it.

Update: I decided to do one more reset on my Priv last night and (low and behold) it came back alive. It's been fine ever since, but as the above comments suggest, I'm returning it for a replacement.

11-27-15 05:12 PM
    Been using my SE Passport and honestly....the Priv seems like a toy compared to it.

Update: I decided to do one more reset on my Priv last night and (low and behold) it came back alive. It's been fine ever since, but as the above comments suggest, I'm returning it for a replacement.

How's this coming along? Did you arrange an exchange, or?
    11-29-15 09:20 AM
    How's this coming along? Did you arrange an exchange, or?
    I haven't yet.

12-01-15 11:40 AM