Funny thing is right around the time I bought the k1, my Priv started working great.

Its so fast now, no lags. Battery lasts a whole entire day. Before it would die within 4 hours. It doesn't get hot unless I have alot of stuff open.

Pretty odd, when I first got the Priv, it had a lot of problems. But all of a sudden it's snappy and runs great.

I use the k1 as my main driver. It's a serious machine. Leveled up. But I keep my Priv and PassportSE within reach, love those two phones as well.
    07-27-17 04:26 AM
    Things that make you go Hmmmmmmmm.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-27-17 05:37 AM
    BlackBerry updates to PRIV have been positive no doubt.
    07-27-17 10:22 AM
    Funny thing is right around the time I bought the k1, my Priv started working great.

Its so fast now, no lags. Battery lasts a whole entire day. Before it would die within 4 hours. It doesn't get hot unless I have alot of stuff open.

Pretty odd, when I first got the Priv, it had a lot of problems. But all of a sudden it's snappy and runs great.

I use the k1 as my main driver. It's a serious machine. Leveled up. But I keep my Priv and PassportSE within reach, love those two phones as well.
    Did you do the update that came out a few days ago? If so, that's why, it made a big difference.
    Nathan Conley and s40638 like this.
    07-27-17 10:22 AM
    My PRIV is currently on AAM940 July 5th
    s40638 and Nathan Conley like this.
    07-27-17 10:25 AM
    Same here, my Priv definitely not woke up now that the K1 is out haha. My Priv doesn't want to be replaced 😂
    Nathan Conley and s40638 like this.
    07-27-17 10:46 AM
    The latest update has finally unleashed the full potential of the BlackBerry Priv. Battery life is better. It's running cooler, apps are opening without lag. Overall user experience is better.

I had one of the "good" Priv's before and was satisfied with the phone. I'm now blown away by it.

AAM 940
    PHughes and s40638 like this.
    07-27-17 11:41 AM
    The latest update has finally unleashed the full potential of the BlackBerry Priv. Battery life is better. It's running cooler, apps are opening without lag. Overall user experience is better.

I had one of the "good" Priv's before and was satisfied with the phone. I'm now blown away by it.

AAM 940
    Same here.
    Would not swap my Priv for any other Android phone (and that includes you-know-what).
    PHughes and Nathan Conley like this.
    07-27-17 04:20 PM
    My PRIV is currently on AAM940 July 5th
    That's the one. Great update.
    Rico4you, s40638 and Nathan Conley like this.
    07-27-17 04:27 PM

Woooooooooooooooooooof ! ! !
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-27-17 06:49 PM
    just got the priv 2 days ago ! love the device but it lags , I was showing a friend the device and how awesome it is and was telling him about the camera , he takes the phone , opens the camera and guess what ! stopped working ! closed it and reopened, black screen ! I think that moment was the most awkward moment of my life.
    STV100-3 , june 5 , AAL746 , no update yet
    skinnymike1 and yvpan1 like this.
    07-27-17 09:42 PM
    just got the priv 2 days ago ! love the device but it lags , I was showing a friend the device and how awesome it is and was telling him about the camera , he takes the phone , opens the camera and guess what ! stopped working ! closed it and reopened, black screen ! I think that moment was the most awkward moment of my life.
    STV100-3 , june 5 , AAL746 , no update yet
    yeah, AAL746 really is the main culprit to almost all the issues we're facing with our STV 3. that's why i'm so frustrated these days as day by day has passed and my phone's performance is like riding on a hilly road where it keeps going up and down but more downs than the ups huh..

and what's even more frustrating is to see my wife's STV-4 has received the AAM940 and she now is in love again with her phone!!!
    07-28-17 01:45 AM
    I wish I had the same experience as everyone else is. I am on the July 5th update on model STV 100-1 but my phone still overheats like reeeaally badly and the battery can go down from 90 to 80% in 15 minutes with normal browsing/texting in those 15 minutes.

I did turn down the animations to 0.5 speed and that helped with the battery somewhat, but phone still overeheats with normal browsing and messaging and customizing (like widget and wallpaper), no heavy activity.
    Diceyann likes this.
    07-28-17 02:59 AM
    yeah, AAL746 really is the main culprit to almost all the issues we're facing with our STV 3. that's why i'm so frustrated these days as day by day has passed and my phone's performance is like riding on a hilly road where it keeps going up and down but more downs than the ups huh..

and what's even more frustrating is to see my wife's STV-4 has received the AAM940 and she now is in love again with her phone!!!
    Well , we'll wait for the update and see ,I hope the battery improve yesterday I got around 18 hours with medium use but if im using the device super heavily I doesn't last that long !
    Disabled a lot of apps and turned of location services for lots of apps too and did some other stuff , turned on battery saving mode , And thats how I got 18 hours .
    The phone is over heating in heavy use , if I play the only game I have which is 8 Ball Pool the battery drain so quick and the behind the volume keys cant be touched !
    I'll wait for the july update and see if things change
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-28-17 07:03 AM
    Yeah funny, my Priv also is running good. Although it's always been pretty good even on lollipop it was ok, so maybe also mine is afraid of being replaced by a KeyOne.
    07-28-17 09:30 AM
    I am experiencing similar issues on STV 100-1 with AAM940. I also notice it will not just lag, but stall and sit with a black screen and get a lot of "something" stopped running messages. I clear my cache a lot and restart but the improvement is very minimal and short lived.

I want to buy a KEYone, but am afraid I will have similar experience, I also wanted to wait a few more months, plus would like to see if the all black version is released.

Not sure what to do at this point.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-28-17 05:16 PM
    left passport for Priv 3 with regret hated it.
    however time has changed my view .
    no trouble got over battery with practice easily get a day no updates installed has worked faultlessly. No interest in key one .
    07-29-17 02:12 AM

the thing about Priv is that it is more all around phone than KeyOne. for examplr Priv is perfect for mobile VR which I learnt just the other day. I would not be able to do the same on keyone and dtek60 has no keyboard.
    priv is fast enough for my needs. I did disable all animations in developer mode yesterday and the phone fees very fast.
    07-29-17 06:43 AM

That's funny , I don't have the KEYone but I do have many BlackBerrys in rotation. Boy I never get bored. PRIV , Dtek60 and Passport to name a few lol....
    07-30-17 05:09 AM