Hi,

Had my Priv for a week upgrading from z30 but having a number of annoying issues with it. Firstly ive tried on 2 different SD cards now but Im not able to save pictures, videos, apps etc to my SD card. Secondly when I set a ringtone on the device the setting doesnt stick after a reboot. Ive tried moving the ringtone to the device from SD card but the issue continues.

Also annoying is the lack of built in media player for videos and music as well as built in file manager, with no version of blackberry link or blend in place for the phone it means I cant transfer files over to the SD card which is rendered useless at the minute as no new files can be placed on the sd card.

Can anyone advise what to do? Ive only used an android a couple of years ago on gingerbread and features, settings have changed since then.

Called blackberry help for help who were supposed to call me back over an 45 mins ago on another line and have yet to do so...
    11-19-15 08:56 AM
    Use ES file Manager. Been using it had no issues.
    With regards to the using ring tones on the Sd card, i use to try it again get back to you.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 09:04 AM
    Hi. Blackberry are aware of the SD card problem and there working on a fix.
    But it do no harm to issue a ticket with them to make them aware of the urgency

Posted via The BlackBerry Priv
    hakdaddy likes this.
    11-19-15 09:12 AM
    Macintosh family here, but wife has Android phone. Using DoubleTwist to manage that relationship between iTunes on Mac and music on Android--syncs music and playlists, and can even sync both directions. Works happily over wifi, even--no cable needed. Will happily store on SD card. DoubleTwist on Android is the music player.
    11-19-15 09:37 AM
    On the SD card, did you create these folders at root :

DCIM
    Music
    Notifications
    Pictures
    Ringtones

I created these on my SD card and the Priv picked them up as the default locations.
    11-19-15 09:46 AM
    Hi. Blackberry are aware of the SD card problem and there working on a fix.
    But it do no harm to issue a ticket with them to make them aware of the urgency

Posted via The BlackBerry Priv
    Thanks will at least I know I'm not on my own with it

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 09:51 AM
    Use ES file Manager. Been using it had no issues.
    With regards to the using ring tones on the Sd card, i use to try it again get back to you.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks Danny

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 09:52 AM
    On the SD card, did you create these folders at root :

DCIM
    Music
    Notifications
    Pictures
    Ringtones

I created these on my SD card and the Priv picked them up as the default locations.
    No I didn't how would I do this please?

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 09:52 AM
    No I didn't how would I do this please?

Posted via CB10
    Create them on you computer, them just insert the SD card back into the device. Also, if this works, just wow.
    11-19-15 09:53 AM
    some of them were already there when i transferred files over from old sd card. would i need to do it again?
    11-19-15 09:57 AM
    That I cannot answer. I moved from an iphone, so I had to get a new sd card.
    11-19-15 10:14 AM
    Interesting that formatting the card in the priv doesn't create the needed folders?

Anyway, adding the folders didn't help my Priv save to the SD card, still saying 'not enough storage space', even though the card is a clean 120 GB.
    11-25-15 01:52 PM