This is my first post - ever - please let me know if it was posted in the wrong area of the forum. Thank you in advance.

Okay, so here goes my problem.

I purchased my BlackBerry Priv back in Nov 2016, and with any new phone - I knew minor glitches usually stream themselves out within a few days or so - this was so not the case with me. My first clue should have been the headset that was included with the handset was not working - and yes, I tried contacting my carrier to ask about it. There suggesting was to have my whole unit sent back, and until they received the old unit the new would not be sent. This would mean I would go without a device for over two weeks.

Next, everything started to fall apart - figuratively at the moment (and I sure hope it remains this way):
    1. My phone overheats (while on calls) so much that I have to wrap up my calls or I'm risking burning my face;
    2. My hands-free function for my vehicle pairs successfully with the device (it says); however, there is seldom a moment when I don't have to ask someone to repeat what they have said. Trying to have business calls on-the-go proves difficult with this challenge;
    3. This may sound weird, but my phone does not sit flat on a surface, my phone is totally warped;
    4. I have a spot that appeared on my screen (like a cloudy red blob on the curved edge) a few weeks ago, it comes and goes at times - and seems to be more visible when the phone is hot; and
    5. My YouTube App will always play a few songs from my playlist, then BAM, app is forced closed - and yes I've tried deleting the updates, and reinstalling, etc.

Now, my carrier tells me that my BlackBerry Priv comes with a top of the line warranty from BlackBerry, and that my 7 day after purchase period is over, so I'm basically SOL with them. When I go online to BlackBerry's Support page, apparently because I purchased my device through my carrier - that top of the line warranty is null and void (how dumb!). When I try to call in to BlackBerry, the automated system tells me that they cannot help me and it cuts off the call.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________

Over the last 8 years, I've changed my devices almost yearly, and owned 6 BB devices. I tried Android only because I had received to DOA BB Z30's; however, still ended up coming back to BlackBerry in the end. I'm a BlackBerry Addict, and I'm caught between a rock and a hard place.

Purchase Date: 9-Nov-2016
    Carrier: Bell Mobility Canada
    Device: BlackBerry Priv
    Android Version: 6.0.1
    Android Security Patch Level: February 5, 2017

If you need more information from me, please do not hesitate to ask.

ALL SUGGESTIONS FOR A COURSE OF ACTION ARE APPRECIATED

UPDATE (28-Feb-2017): Finally got to speak with a very kind rep, and she has a loaner phone on its way to me - and hopefully my phone really does get fixed. I love BB too much

UPDATE #2 (21-Mar-2017): Device was unrepeatable, and exchanged under warranty. Thank you everyone for the help and course of actions.
    Last edited by landryjm18; 03-21-17 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Issue resolved
    02-20-17 12:32 PM
    I'm not sure what Bell offers but you need to work your way up the food chain. All of these issues should not be happening. I know Rogers will offer a 1 year Warrenty where they will either Repair the device and you go without it for a couple weeks, or they will send you a factory refurbished device and charge you 35.00 for the service. You then send the old device back to them once you receive the refurbished phone. I have always gone with the latter option.

The refurbished devices are cleaned up from top to bottom , it's basically like getting a new device
    02-20-17 11:15 PM
    Btw...welcome to the forums
    02-20-17 11:15 PM
    3. This may sound weird, but my phone does not sit flat on a surface, my phone is totally warped

ALL SUGGESTIONS FOR A COURSE OF ACTION ARE APPRECIATED
    i also have had phone warping, severe on my first PRIV, slight on a brand new one. more here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-bent-1099944/

some related discussion here, as well as what some of us have gone through to have replacement through BlackBerry:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...berry-1091862/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...82/index3.html

fwiw, there is almost nothing that you can be doing in such a short amount of time to not indicate a serious hardware issue. disappointing to hear your carrier is not assisting more. i had several calls through T-Mobile, and only really got anything happening once i cried out for help via Twitter. which is absurd. as Carjackd suggested, try back through Rogers and escalate as you need. best luck!
    02-21-17 05:27 AM
    Have you tried to wipe the device and start from scratch.
    Also when Bell offered to send it in for repair, did they not offer to provide you a loaner phone so you wouldn't be without a device for 2 weeks?
    02-21-17 05:32 AM
    I always read posts like this and think 'how can the suppliers - being phone companies - get away with this'. Basically telling you that it's your problem to fix - even though the device is still under warranty. Is there not any legal obligation that the carrier must fulfil being that you purchased it from them?

In Australia, we have the ACL (Australian Consumer Law) - which states that the supplier is just at responsible for a warranty and to remedy any problems as much as the manufacturer. It even goes a step further to state that the 12 month warranty period can be extended, depending on such things as the cost of the item, how long a reasonable person would expect the item to last, how long the item in general should last.

Its a great law that always protects the consumer. I've had a few things repaired / replaced after warranties expired - best example was my iMac that had a screen defect, 2 years after the warranty ran out. I managed to have Apple replace the screen under the ACL terms. (Last part a bit off topic, but just an example how consumer laws work in Australia).

Long story short - is there nothing that states the carrier is as responsible and let them sort it out? Or offer a refund, as it is within the 12 months of purchase?
    02-21-17 06:16 AM
    It's not like this. I'm on a Canadian carrier. I had an issue with GPS on my Priv. Went to my carrier, they sent the device to BlackBerry and gave me a loaner phone to use while I waited for device to be returned and it was fixed.
    I actually dropped the loaner and cracked the screen and didn't even get charged for it. So i don't understand these stories people post. He even stated that his carrier would send the device away for repair. Not sure why he didn't go ahead with that option and request a replacement device for use in the mean time from the carrier.
    Last edited by ray689; 02-22-17 at 06:34 AM.
    newcollector likes this.
    02-21-17 06:46 AM
    OP, this is not acceptable for a phone less than a year old. I would go up the food chain with Bell and insist they open a case with BlackBerry on your behalf.
    You might also try tweeting both Bell and BlackBerryhelp
    02-21-17 10:48 PM
    OP, this is not acceptable for a phone less than a year old. I would go up the food chain with Bell and insist they open a case with BlackBerry on your behalf.
    You might also try tweeting both Bell and BlackBerryhelp
    We are on the right track but tweeting @blackberryhelps isn't going to do much if it was a device sold by carrier
    02-21-17 11:04 PM
    OP, are you sure you spoke with the right department at Bell? I'm with Telus, and they look after warranty issues on behalf of the handset manufacturers. I've needed repairs for phones that were still under BlackBerry's warranty, and a Telus tech would examine the phone, confirm the problem, send it to BlackBerry and give me a loaner phone for the 3-4 weeks that my phone would be away. I cannot imagine that Bell would have none of this.

You need to escalate this past the flunkie who spoke with you. Demand to speak with a manager, and then with Customer Retention. And threaten to call CRTC - they look after consumer protection.

Your Priv sounds like a dud. Even if there was a bad app that was causing the overheating, by now the battery is likely damaged, so removing the app will not improve the phone. Good luck.
    02-22-17 12:14 AM
    Obviously I second everything everyone is saying here. I had an issue where my volume up button stopped working about 4 months into owning the device. AT&T had to walk me through the troubleshooting steps as protocol (which I knew weren't going to work, but I played nice). After about 10 minutes they sent me a replacement refurbished PRIV. Once I received it, and it was in perfect condition, couldn't tell whatsoever that it was refurbished, I sent them the defective device back, and case closed. Your carrier should be able to do the same.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-22-17 07:01 AM
    Refurbished to me is not an issue. Its the fact that I continue to get shut down when I try to explain to them my issues with them.
    02-22-17 07:34 AM
    I'm not with Rogers - I'm with Bell, a whole other ballgame!
    02-22-17 07:35 AM
    I've tried all the technical troubleshooting that I could possible try.

Bell wanted me to be without a device connected for the time it took for me to send the phone in to get checked, while it got checked, and waiting for it to be sent back. 3-4 weeks at the least
    02-22-17 07:37 AM
    This is something I would most definitely have to look in to. I'm sure that we must have some sort of protection against this sort of mishaps. Thanks. Will keep you updated if this helped
    02-22-17 07:40 AM
    Unfortunately, you misunderstood why they originally wanted to "send my phone back for repair" - this was all because I was provided a faulty headset. They wanted me to be without a device for 3-4 weeks. At that time the phone was not "acting up", and now I can't go a day without having to compromise my daily life because of my handset's capabilities.
    02-22-17 07:43 AM
    I am going to have to give this a shot next. I'm not sure why I'm always getting someone who wants to just not allow me to speak with the appropriate channel.
    02-22-17 07:48 AM
    Unfortunately, you misunderstood why they originally wanted to "send my phone back for repair" - this was all because I was provided a faulty headset. They wanted me to be without a device for 3-4 weeks. At that time the phone was not "acting up", and now I can't go a day without having to compromise my daily life because of my handset's capabilities.
    You can request a loaner device from them while yours is away for repair. Talk to the right people and it will happen.
    02-22-17 08:46 AM
    Do you mean the speakers on the phone or corded ear pieces or earphones? If the later, frankly, while folks want what they get to work, I'd move on to some 3rd party earphones?

But with all the other issues you need more assistance from your carrier or BB. Or your government consumer affairs offices.
    02-22-17 09:15 AM