I'm hoping that someone here knows a Priv in and out enough to help me with what's going on with my Priv. So last week I started to have problems with my Priv. I notice a few hours after wiping the screen with a Lysol wipe things weren't right. I cleaned it off and didn't use it for about 2 hours. When I started to use it look something up on the internet I noticed there were a few green pixels at first. Then the screen started to flicker and eventually wouldn't light at all, although it still was sensitive to touch and it would vibrate when the screen was touched. I tried to shut it down and put it in a bag of rice to draw the moisture out but for some reason it kept turning on and was making a clicking noise, which I realized to be at the swipe screen. Looking back on it I think I was using the wrong button combination to power it off. I was pressing power and volume up, which I believe now just restarts it?, not powers it off.

The next morning I took the back cover off and screen to let it air out. I put it back in the bag of rice for a day and then put it back together and charged it up and it powers up except it stays in the boot mode, i.e. I get the Blackberry Logo and Boot Mode screen saying to press power for 15 secs. When I do that it vibrates and the screen turns off and comes back only problem is it comes back up in with the same thing. The only way to get the phone to restart is by then holding power, volume up and volume down. If I hold just power and volume up it starts to book but then I get the Android robot on its side with the exclamation point sign icon.

After holding power, volume up, and volume down and starting up I went thru all the tests in BB Virtual Expert except for the headset ones. It failed 4, the 2 mic ones and the 2 slider ones. The keyboard does however work fine.

I wondering if this is just a software issue or a combination of software and hardware. I'm pretty certain everything is back together right and making good contact. I can take the back off again to check. It's pretty easy to get the back off, but I believe from everything I read and saw that the mic's are soldiered to the boards so there can't be any loose connections but I could be wrong, hence why I hoping someone here has the knowledge to figure this out. As for the slider issue and the boot mode I have no insight and again hoping someone has the knowledge to figure it out. Thanks in advance.
    02-26-18 08:40 AM
    How wet were those wipes?

I'd say it must have gotten too much moisture inside the phone... might start working in a few days, might get worse.

You can do a Factory Reset to rule out the software.... but I think you know it's not the issue.
    Wezard likes this.
    02-26-18 11:51 AM
    The wipe wasn't that moist. I'd like to do a factory reset, but what's the best way to back everything ? I liked the BB10 back ups and restore, but Andriods don't seem to do that... My thought is to back it up, factory reset it and see if that fixes the boot mode and/or mic issue, if not I can restore the data and start from stratch. If it fixes it, I can restore the data and see if the problem comes back or not... I just don't do know how go about the back up. I'm mainly just concerned with texts, call log, and photos, but I would hate to have to reinstall all the apps and set everything back up.
    02-27-18 09:38 AM