So the priv is the first phon I have owned in a while where I feel l don't even need to use a case. Previously owned an iPhone 6S plus and the nexus 6 P for a short amount of time.

Both those phones while built beautifully they were way to slipper in the hand so I found that I needed a case or a skin to protect it even form laying down on my desk worried that I'd scratch the back.
    Priv quality while not as elegant as those phones still feels solid in the hand and it literally sticks to my hands. I'm returning my hard shell case and picked up a genuine blackberry leather pouch.
    Carbonman1 likes this.
    11-08-15 02:14 PM
    I bought all of them! Lol.
    Attached Thumbnails PRIV-I don't need a case.-1447013932448.jpg   PRIV-I don't need a case.-1447013948378.jpg  
    11-08-15 02:19 PM
    Lol sweet. I got the hard case in the blue coming should arrive on Tuesday curious
    to see how it's gonna fit and feel.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-08-15 02:23 PM
    I didn't trust myself to not have a case. I shattered my Passport in the most random of ways, so I bought the hard case at the AT&T store and it's been covered since it's been out of the box. I feel you though, OP, I feel like I don't need a case with the Priv because it doesn't seem like it will commit suicide out of my pocket.

Posted via my physical or virtual keyboard on the BlackBerry Priv, duh.
    11-08-15 02:26 PM
    How do you like the hard case ? Does the top piece for good ? Both my local stores didn't have any accessories on hand.
    11-08-15 02:38 PM
    Hard Case feels good. Top piece snaps into grooves on the sides of the bottom piece and slides in them. Nice design.

Love the Flip Case too, with the little window to see messages, answer calls and see the time and network / battery status indicator icons without having to open the flip.
    blemoon42 likes this.
    11-08-15 03:02 PM
    I didn't trust myself to not have a case. I shattered my Passport in the most random of ways, so I bought the hard case at the AT&T store and it's been covered since it's been out of the box. I feel you though, OP, I feel like I don't need a case with the Priv because it doesn't seem like it will commit suicide out of my pocket.

Posted via my physical or virtual keyboard on the BlackBerry Priv, duh.
    LMAO at 'commit suicide'...
    11-08-15 03:58 PM
    I purchased the leather blackberry case with belt clip. I like the case but am a little disappointed that the stitching has started coming loose at the top.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on Priv
    11-26-15 10:56 AM
    I have bought leather pouch for the times my Priv is in my bag or a jacket.
    Otherwise, it is in my hands, or resting on top of pouch on the table.

11-26-15 11:27 AM
    So the priv is the first phon I have owned in a while where I feel l don't even need to use a case. Previously owned an iPhone 6S plus and the nexus 6 P for a short amount of time.

Both those phones while built beautifully they were way to slipper in the hand so I found that I needed a case or a skin to protect it even form laying down on my desk worried that I'd scratch the back.
    Priv quality while not as elegant as those phones still feels solid in the hand and it literally sticks to my hands. I'm returning my hard shell case and picked up a genuine blackberry leather pouch.
    Be warned tho: sliders don't survive drops well!

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    11-26-15 12:30 PM
    Doesn't the hard case damage the phone? I've seen some users report that here.
    southlander likes this.
    11-26-15 12:36 PM
    Doesn't the hard case damage the phone? I've seen some users report that here.
    Users have also reported the fix. Which takes about 40 seconds.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on the Blackberry Priv
    11-26-15 12:40 PM
    My wife carries her Priv with a hard shell. I honestly don't like it so I'm taking my chances. I love the design of my Priv and the hard shell does add considerable bulk so no case for me..

11-26-15 12:45 PM
    Got the hard shell and won't use it; it makes the Priv bulkier and much more slippery in the hand. The elastomer surface coating on the sides and back of the phone gives a very secure feel in the hand.
    I'm going to flog off my hard case cheap to get it out of my cramped office. The Priv belt holster is good, but I'd prefer a side loading holster instead of the top load. Not being able to access the headphone jack or the volume buttons while the Priv is holstered is a major design flaw. I have to invert the Priv to plug in my headphones at the gym or on the train.
    11-26-15 02:07 PM
    Also goin' naked. But I opted for the AT&T insurance. I figure it is about the cost of a really good case. Like an Otterbox.

Proudly PRIVateering since 2015.
    11-26-15 02:14 PM
    Also goin' naked. But I opted for the AT&T insurance. I figure it is about the cost of a really good case. Like an Otterbox.

Proudly PRIVateering since 2015.
    That's it for me too. Naked with insurance. It looks and feels too good to cover up. And , coming from a Z10, I don't want anything that makes it even bigger.

Curve8300 - Curve9220 - Torch9850 - Z10 - Priv
    11-26-15 03:23 PM
    Does the flip case add bulk?

I'm having a hard time deciding of I should go with a flip case or the hard shell.

But then again which protects against drops better?

Posted via Z30
    11-26-15 07:58 PM
    Does the flip case add bulk?

I'm having a hard time deciding of I should go with a flip case or the hard shell.

But then again which protects against drops better?

Posted via Z30
    Flip Case is awesome. Protects back,front and corners. Very thin and wakes device when opening. Plus still shows notifications and clock

Posted from my Priv!
    11-26-15 08:12 PM
    For the people who wonder if the hard shell causes cosmetic damage to the sides of the PRIV above and below the power and volume keys, it does. It's little marks left by these circular 'rivets' that hold the hard shell buttons in place.

I took a blade and cut the circles out based on other posts here. It has solved the problem and no marks are left. What happens is, the rubber holding the hard shell buttons in place becomes detached. Some have used glue to reattach them, I just leave them loose and carefully put the case on, they stay in place.

I'm thinking I want either the pouch or the leather flip though. I really like using this without a case too, so I probably will end up getting the pouch.

11-26-15 08:13 PM
    I use mine without a case but have a ballistic nylon pouch for travel.

STV100-1, SQW100-4
    Attached Thumbnails PRIV-I don't need a case.-img_20151126_2218376.jpg  
    11-26-15 10:24 PM
    Available from Hong Kong

STV100-1, SQW100-4
    Attached Thumbnails PRIV-I don't need a case.-81934.jpg  
    11-26-15 10:25 PM
    I bought all of them! Lol.
    I really like the holster but I listen to media a lot and prefer to have a holster that I can use an iem and will fit while using is what would work best for me. So the best solution is the flip case on device with an additional side holster that will also hold the device with flip case on.
    The other side holster I purchased was from PDAir and works amazing.

11-26-15 11:55 PM
    Be warned tho: sliders don't survive drops well!

My Torch 9800 was a tank! It survived loads of falls.

I think the Priv is completely different however. The curved screen and nonexistent bezels make me scared to see what would happen if I dropped it. I still don't think I need a case though because the phone's back is so grippy!

Posted via the BlackBerry Venice
    11-27-15 12:56 AM
    Got the hard shell case (was actually available at my local AT&T store) but it was way too bulky for my taste and I felt it looked odd.

Probably does a good job protecting the device, but just wasn't for me.

Anyone with the flip case, hows the typing - does the case slide and affect your grip when typing?

11-27-15 01:41 AM
    i just bought a cordura pouch,which is soft but resistant and isn't too big in pocket
    11-27-15 03:55 AM
31 12