I am hoping someone can provide some detailed information on how the Priv Hub and BB10 Hub are different. From what I have been reading on the forums, it seems that the Priv Hub does not have the full functionality of the BB10 Hub. I went into my local AT&T store to check out the Priv, but the display unit did not have the Hub set up (no accounts).

The Hub is my favorite feature of BB10. I really don't want to buy the Priv just to realize it has a half-baked version of the Hub. I am really looking for a comprehensive list of the differences between the two Hub versions.

Thanks!
    12-02-15 04:37 PM
    I am hoping someone can provide some detailed information on how the Priv Hub and BB10 Hub are different. From what I have been reading on the forums, it seems that the Priv Hub does not have the full functionality of the BB10 Hub. I went into my local AT&T store to check out the Priv, but the display unit did not have the Hub set up (no accounts).

The Hub is my favorite feature of BB10. I really don't want to buy the Priv just to realize it has a half-baked version of the Hub. I am really looking for a comprehensive list of the differences between the two Hub versions.

Thanks!
    It's missing some key features when I did a test run at the local Telus store. It'll be interesting to see the next update on the 15th. Hopefully CB will do a detailed comparison (hint hint).

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2639 / Telus
    12-02-15 04:44 PM
    Priv hub is a shallow fake of the original. If it improves, I'll reinstall it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-02-15 05:51 PM

What are you personally missing at current? We're aiming to add more features as rapidly as we can, and the specifics always help drive better prioritization.
    12-02-15 10:53 PM
    What are you personally missing at current? We're aiming to add more features as rapidly as we can, and the specifics always help drive better prioritization.
    Better exchange activesync integration has been mentioned.

Posted on CB10 using my Z30 STA 100-5 on OS 10.3.2.2813
    12-02-15 10:58 PM
    Excuse my rudeness. Thank you for being part of this community and helping us help BlackBerry succeed.

mundo472 and powereds like this.
    12-02-15 11:11 PM
    I own a Priv and love it. But the Hub is not quite the same as it was on BB10. I miss having immediate access to the Hub from anywhere in the OS by using a simple gesture to peek in and go right back to what I was doing. Now, the Hub has to be opened as an app. I'm honestly getting used to it.

A few things that I think would improve it and satisfy BB10 users are:

- Make a full screen HUB widget that could reside to the far left of other app pages. This would emulate BB10's swipe all the way left to get to the Hub functionality. It would also mean no need to wait for the app to open.

- Restore customizable 'triage' capability. I really enjoyed having the file and delete icons - a real time saver for me. I know there are other ways to delete, but the triage was my favorite method.

- Fix the SMS or 'Messenger' app. It's a mess. When responding to SMS messages from the hub, multiple messenger apps open- one while typing the reply, one with a list of SMS messages once sent, and the hub is still open. I go from having a single app open- the hub- to 3-4 apps open by replying to an SMS. It's a little annoying (but not detrimental).

- Dark theme would be fantastic!!

I saw that WhatsApp integration is coming soon, which is great.

Otherwise, I think the hub on the Priv is nicely done and far better than other email clients. Nice thing is that it can only get better from here!

Posted via the BlackBerry Priv
    12-02-15 11:26 PM
    Excuse my rudeness. Thank you for being part of this community and helping us help BlackBerry succeed.

All good!
    12-02-15 11:29 PM
    I own a Priv and love it. But the Hub is not quite the same as it was on BB10. I miss having immediate access to the Hub from anywhere in the OS by using a simple gesture to peek in and go right back to what I was doing. Now, the Hub has to be opened as an app. I'm honestly getting used to it.

A few things that I think would improve it and satisfy BB10 users are:

- Make a full screen HUB widget that could reside to the far left of other app pages. This would emulate BB10's swipe all the way left to get to the Hub functionality. It would also mean no need to wait for the app to open.

- Restore customizable 'triage' capability. I really enjoyed having the file and delete icons - a real time saver for me. I know there are other ways to delete, but the triage was my favorite method.

- Fix the SMS or 'Messenger' app. It's a mess. When responding to SMS messages from the hub, multiple messenger apps open- one while typing the reply, one with a list of SMS messages once sent, and the hub is still open. I go from having a single app open- the hub- to 3-4 apps open by replying to an SMS. It's a little annoying (but not detrimental).

- Dark theme would be fantastic!!

I saw that WhatsApp integration is coming soon, which is great.

Otherwise, I think the hub on the Priv is nicely done and far better than other email clients. Nice thing is that it can only get better from here!

Posted via the BlackBerry Priv
    Thank you to the feedback!
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    12-02-15 11:29 PM
    Reply to text messages directly from Hub
    Rewrite code to display Hub as android device type rather than BlackBerry

Really wish hub wasn't blocked by my exchange admins... Bought the Classic as my first BlackBerry device, but have never been able to use it so i got the priv since android is approved. Now I'm stuck using Gmail client fml.

instagram and snapchat notifications, kind of like Windows phone 8 where could get notified and reply, it might even be cool to be able to pull in the complete feeds too, as if hub was a master client for social apps

Email signatures that support images and bold font

12-03-15 12:03 AM
    Awesome feedback.

12-03-15 12:05 AM
    Reply to text messages directly from Hub
    Rewrite code to display Hub as android device type rather than BlackBerry

Didn't understand the underlined. What do you mean?
    12-03-15 12:41 AM
    Can we see them in pictures please?

Posted via CB10
    12-03-15 12:50 AM
    Ability to attach files from dropbox and other apps is key for me in emails, hope its added soon.
    kthhrrsn, BB_Fire and 00stryder like this.
    12-03-15 12:54 AM
    I don't have a PRIV (yet, waiting for WHITE/Red variant) but after reading this thread (http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...d-hub-1050847/), I feel like one more thing that should be done (but that is not a visible feature) is: someone senior in Hub development team should be assigned task of refactoring and optimizing Hub app to make under-the-hood improvements.

Because it is not a user-visible feature, it is probably something that Hub team intends to do but keeps putting it off in favor of other feature-requests or bug-fixes.

But really, Hub optimization is really important. SPEED is a feature. Make the app buttery-smooth.

People on that thread have claimed how disabling Hub improves battery life, heat and other issues. That tells me the app-code is probably not fully optimized yet. There is perhaps an opportunity to improve the app so that it consumes somewhat fewer resources, performs somewhat faster and is overall lightweight.

This is not a feature user would 'see'. But it is a critical non-functional requirement that should have atleast 1 dedicated Hub developer on it full-time. These optimizations should be part of every Hub update to Google play. But given limited resources, the tendency is to prioritize functional requirements over non-functional requirements. I just want to emphasize that this particular thing should remain at constant high-priority.
    Sator likes this.
    12-03-15 12:55 AM
    I agree. I don't have the phone yet. First thing is SMS response from within it is very important. Right after that is the speed of search, startup, scrolling, and anything else related to its performance.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-15 02:02 AM
    I agree. I don't have the phone yet. First thing is SMS response from within it is very important. Right after that is the speed of search, startup, scrolling, and anything else related to its performance.

Posted via CB10
    I don't have it either, but played w/one for a while (a poor test, I know) . I seem to recall being able to open it when I was in other apps...just swiped up and right as the android nav icons are always on. I may mistaken.

Hub is a crucial app and I wholeheartedly agree it must be at least as fast and as useful as the bb10 version.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-15 04:53 AM

Clearly op AND the BlackBerry staff on here are looking for specific problems, op so he can make an informed decision and BlackBerry so they can offer solutions. Posts like yours just waste everyone's time, including your own

Posted via CB10
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    12-03-15 05:00 AM
    I don't think anything should be more of a priority than the priority hub.

That not being in place is causing me the most problems.

I do some volunteer work on the side and I get my weekly shifts emailed to me every week. In BB10 I made all those emails a priority, so that anytime I forgot when my next shift was I could just peek into the PH and it was all there.

The workaround to get that working on the Priv is becoming a real pain and I've already missed a few mails purely because it just got lost in the sea of mail that I get.

The next thing would definitely be the pinch option.. Jumping up and down my mail to find unread messages is also a pain.

There are other small issues but I can live with them if these two key things were rectified somehow.

Thank you Mr. Bryant

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on the Blackberry Priv
    12-03-15 05:04 AM
    That is quite easy. Have BB10 and PRIV next to each other and play with the Hub. It will become quite obvious to you the features you are missing on Android Hub that are the difference maker.

I would also like to suggest to have a BB OS 7 phone next to BB10 and PRIV to see how to improve Contacts and Calendar applications as well as general behavior of the phone.

No need to reinvent the wheel.
    12-03-15 05:07 AM
    I just got a passport so I obviously chose to stick with BlackBerry 10. When I tested the priv over a few days in the store, I found that not having universal gesture access was really something I didn't know I was going to miss. The gesture from the "circle" button is okay, but it's not the same as bb10

I'll also second the speed triage comments and the not opening apps from hub comments. I loved speed triage when it was introduce, and I love it even more on the passport... I just leave it on all the time. And using the hub as it is now, it's basically a mini launcher dedicated to email and a few messaging apps. That's not the bb10 hub we all know and love

Posted via CB10
    12-03-15 05:07 AM
    I am missing the speed of the hub on BB10, triage mode, pinch to unread message list, the filter to list messages by attachments.

I am experiencing several bugs like a bug where I can't open attachments like Word or Excel spreadsheets. I am getting a message to install an App that can open the attachment type although I have two office suites installed. Some messages remain unread even after opening them. Multiple sms message windows open for each conversation.

Perhaps the productivity tab could have direct peak to Hub mode.

A reply to field in the email account settings so I can control return email .

12-03-15 05:38 AM
    What is missing is priority hub, better integration (so you do not leave the hub when viewing a message) and what I really miss as well is the convenient way to mark an entry as read by simply clicking the icon of the entry. In Priv Hub it takes a long swipe to do that.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-15 06:03 AM
    Right now, if an Exchange admin has blackberry blocked as a device type, you can't use blackberry for company email. My company has Windows Phone, Android, and iPhone as approved device. I bought the priv, setup work email in HUB, and it didn't work. In BB sw, HUB on Android is still being flagged as BB device, which it is, but its also Android. Either way, if your company has approved Android but not Blackberry, don't get a Priv and expect it to work.... yet
    12-03-15 10:57 AM
    Your phone won't be able to synchronize with the server via Exchange ActiveSync because of an access policy defined on the server.
    Information about your mobile phone:
    Device model: STV100-1
    Device type: BlackBerry
    Device ID: androidc1072824677
    Device OS: Android 5.1.1
    Device user agent: BlackBerry-STV100-1/5.1.1
    Device IMEI: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Exchange ActiveSync version: 14.1
    Device access state: Blocked
    Device access state reason: DeviceRule
    gizmo21 likes this.
    12-03-15 10:58 AM