I just got the Priv. The one thing that is bothering me is i can't txt through the Hub it brings me to the android messaging app? Can this be changed? Also my contacts aren't showing in txts in the hub just there numbers. Can anyone help?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 08:51 PM
    Yeah. I noticed as well. The Hub in the Priv is buggy and feels not polished.

Also, the scrolling doesn't work fully for me. It scrolls a little bit then, it won't scroll any further.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-06-15 08:55 PM
    I think this is something that they plan on fixing in the near future with updates.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 10:00 PM
    Yeah. I am not really using the Hub right now. I am going to try the Gmail inboxes a try. I will the the Hub again once they update it.

11-06-15 10:08 PM
    I'm surprised that you can't text from the hub, when you can download apps like textra and set it as your default messaging app. I'll still get it, just hope that's address in an update.

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    CarGuy1368 likes this.
    11-06-15 10:22 PM
    They say it's coming up on the next update. And since its an app now, you don't have to wait for an OS update, it's going to be in Google play

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 10:26 PM
    I just got the Priv. The one thing that is bothering me is i can't txt through the Hub it brings me to the android messaging app? Can this be changed? Also my contacts aren't showing in txts in the hub just there numbers. Can anyone help?

Posted via CB10
    What version of Hub and Messenger app are you using?

Interested in what value you think BlackBerry could bring to text messaging over any of the other clients.

11-07-15 11:05 PM
    What version of Hub and Messenger app are you using?

Interested in what value you think BlackBerry could bring to text messaging over any of the other clients.

I would suspect in this case they would bring OS level integration and UI consistency.
    11-07-15 11:18 PM
    I would suspect in this case they would bring OS level integration and UI consistency.
    What do you mean or expect by OS level integration for SMS? Really, it's not something that can be "differentiated" at this point and would just eat up developer time. Time that could be spent integrating so many other things

11-07-15 11:31 PM
    I don't text from the hub but many do. I'll most likely get gosms back if when I go android again. Allows for the dark theme and all that stuff. If Priv allows separate rings and text tones for contacts I won't need it but I own it if I have to.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 11:35 PM
    What do you mean or expect by OS level integration for SMS? Really, it's not something that can be "differentiated" at this point and would just eat up developer time. Time that could be spent integrating so many other things

Simply that through developing their own sms app, (which could easily be based on the Aosp sms app to save the developers time) blackberry could ensure UI consistency which is what people will interpret as the Hub sending sms. The fact is that android is just lots and lots of apps even the OS itself is just apps.

At the moment however, people are opening an sms in the Hub and noticing the transition to the third party app due to load times and the different UI.

Further if they develop their own sms app they can link it back to the hub app within the apps themselves for faster and deeper integration.

That's all I meant.
    11-08-15 12:06 AM
    Simply that through developing their own sms app, (which could easily be based on the Aosp sms app to save the developers time) blackberry could ensure UI consistency which is what people will interpret as the Hub sending sms. The fact is that android is just lots and lots of apps even the OS itself is just apps.

At the moment however, people are opening an sms in the Hub and noticing the transition to the third party app due to load times and the different UI.

Further if they develop their own sms app they can link it back to the hub app within the apps themselves for faster and deeper integration.

That's all I meant.
    Thanks.
    11-08-15 12:19 AM
    They say it's coming up on the next update. And since its an app now, you don't have to wait for an OS update, it's going to be in Google play

Posted via CB10

Good to hear. Where was this mentioned please? Do you have a source?
    11-08-15 12:36 AM