Maybe someone can tell me what I am missing.

I get an alert, for example email, and I use the slide down alert window from the top. I click the alert.

It takes me to that email in the hub. Great.

But then I want to look at my email. I hit the back button in the upper left corner in the hub. I want to look at other emails.

Result? The hub closes and takes me back to whatever I was doing.

It drives me mad. Go to the task switcher and click that same tile... it is forever in that email. I have to close the tile and go to my hub another way.

What the heck? Is there a trick I am missing?
    05-11-16 08:09 PM

I get an alert, for example email, and I use the slide down alert window from the top. I click the alert.

But then I want to look at my email. I hit the back button in the upper left corner in the hub. I want to look at other emails.

It drives me mad. Go to the task switcher and click that same tile... it is forever in that email. I have to close the tile and go to my hub another way.

This is Android. It works a bit different. It can be annoying but if you set the Hub as a Shortcut just swipe up from the bottom bezel and it will open the Hub main menu page

If you liked this post, you can now find more like this by following me on Twitter @MeerAdrie
    05-11-16 08:55 PM
    It's not just android. BlackkBerry's edge bar does it too. If you delete an email then the tile will auto close.

It's a mess. Blackberry could solve this by having a home button or a hamburger icon so I can get to the hub.

Maybe crap is acceptable to some Android users. But I won't give BlackBerry a pass. They need to add something in the UI to allow me to go home.
    05-11-16 09:00 PM
    It's not just android. BlackkBerry's edge bar does it too. If you delete an email then the tile will auto close.

It's a mess. Blackberry could solve this by having a home button or a hamburger icon so I can get to the hub.

Maybe crap is acceptable to some Android users. But I won't give BlackBerry a pass. They need to add something in the UI to allow me to go home.
    It tries to take you back to the last thing you was doing to keep you focused. I know it can be confusing sometimes because if you actually was in the Hub and opened an email and went back, you will go back to the Hub main page but that is because it was the last thing you did.

If you liked this post, you can now find more like this by following me on Twitter @MeerAdrie
    05-11-16 09:07 PM
    I understand your frustration but for me this is the normal behavior to bring you back to the last screen you were and not in the hub.

However I am sure that if this was the other way round , some people would complain why it brings them to the hub and to where they were last ...
    05-11-16 09:57 PM
    I don't think you are tracking what I am saying. I am OK having the back icon go to the last thing I was doing. What I require is a icon that let's me freaking use the application that was launched. This means going to the main hub screen.

To not have this is getting ridiculous. I have been putting up with this long enough. It's gotten to the point where I am dreaming of going back to my moldy Z10.

Seriously they better fix this. It's a horrible user experience.
    05-11-16 11:33 PM
    I find this navigation quirk annoying too.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    05-11-16 11:58 PM
    Same here. The issue applies also to the back arrow on the top of the screen.

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    05-12-16 12:17 AM
    Yup confusing, agreed
    05-12-16 12:17 AM
    Never really bothered me. Most times I want to go back to what I was doing. I guess I can see how it could be annoying though.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-12-16 03:40 AM
    Same here. The fact that BBRY decides to drop native Chinese support on its keyboard really drives me mad a also. I am ready to switch to a S7 now...at least it's not half baked

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-12-16 04:57 AM

This is as intended and absolutely how it should be. If you want to read other emails, enter the hub the normal way.
    05-12-16 06:17 AM
    Lies! Facebook works the way I want.
    05-12-16 02:54 PM
    Ok, so the back button on the Android softbuttons go back to what you were doing before, that's ok.

But the back arrow should NOT do that, the back arrow in the Hub should bring you back to the Hub (when tapping on the notification).
    05-12-16 03:34 PM
    Ok, so the back button on the Android softbuttons go back to what you were doing before, that's ok.

But the back arrow should NOT do that, the back arrow in the Hub should bring you back to the Hub (when tapping on the notification).
    Amen!
    05-12-16 05:56 PM
    This is indeed and android thing because my Galaxy s6 does the exact same thing for emails, messages etc. Even if I open a link and it opens the browser, if I press back it takes me back to the last app o was in.

05-12-16 06:34 PM
    I'm still on my PP (from 9700 to 9900 to Z10 to PP) and LMAO reading this. Been considering moving to PRIV, but, this is how I have felt every time I've picked up my wife's Galaxy or Note........ Androids basic flow sucks. It seems like I'm always going in a spiral that never ends. I always felt it was just me and my android ignorance.

Sorry I am enjoying your frustration........ I might be right there with you soon.
    05-12-16 08:07 PM
    This is indeed and android thing because my Galaxy s6 does the exact same thing for emails, messages etc. Even if I open a link and it opens the browser, if I press back it takes me back to the last app o was in.

Stop. Please stop. Facebook does not do this. BlackBerry wrote the hub. They have the ability to make it work correctly.

Maybe it's true most Android apps are stupid. That does not justify BlackBerry's stupid design decision. Don't use bad behavior to justify other bad behavior.
    drpearson likes this.
    05-12-16 08:42 PM

U can swipe right or left!

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)running Android 6.0.1
    05-12-16 08:47 PM
    U can swipe right or left!

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)running Android 6.0.1
    True. But that just goes to another message. This is not what I want to do.
    05-13-16 09:48 PM
    This is Android. It works a bit different. It can be annoying but if you set the Hub as a Shortcut just swipe up from the bottom bezel and it will open the Hub main menu page

That's what I do. Swipe up and right to open the hub, much like BB10.
    05-14-16 03:29 PM
    This is as intended and absolutely how it should be. If you want to read other emails, enter the hub the normal way.
    Why should the functionality or basic navigation of the hub app be different depending on how you open the application?

Posted via CB10
    05-14-16 07:13 PM
    I've been doing the swipe up thing, but I agree with many, it's not like BB10, and not that it should be, but it should have a feeling of flow and not a feeling of an app or the ability to get lost.
    05-14-16 08:30 PM
    Why should the functionality or basic navigation of the hub app be different depending on how you open the application?

Posted via CB10
    Because you didn't open the application. You opened a single item that uses that application, but you didn't open the app itself.

If I'm reading an article, and an email comes in, I like that I can quickly read that email and back return to my article.
    05-15-16 06:58 AM
    Because you didn't open the application. You opened a single item that uses that application, but you didn't open the app itself.

If I'm reading an article, and an email comes in, I like that I can quickly read that email and back return to my article.
    Well. Why not have the option? Use the android back button to go back to the article. Use the hub back button to go back to the hub. Why have TWO back buttons that do the same thing?

Posted from my Priv
    05-15-16 09:11 AM
28 12