On the Priv, on the Android Messenger app for SMS, next to the conversation there is either the contact's picture, or a big capital letter of the first letter of their name. Example: Brandon would have a big capital B in a circle next to the conversation.

How do I get rid of the big capital letter and/or contact picture to the conversations are just list style with people's names, like in BB10?
    06-18-16 03:17 PM
    No, how do u get rid of the circle all together so JuST the name shows ? No contact picture , no letter, no anything
    Pick a different app for SMS. Google's app adheres to the design tenets of Material Design.

The circle with initial or image is one of those tenets.
    On the Priv, on the Android Messenger app for SMS, next to the conversation there is either the contact's picture, or a big capital letter of the first letter of their name. Example: Brandon would have a big capital B in a circle next to the conversation.

How do I get rid of the big capital letter and/or contact picture to the conversations are just list style with people's names, like in BB10?
    That simply means it's either a new contact or a contact that you don't have a photo for. Tap that letter or go directly to Contacts and add a photo for that contact. If they're aren't in Contacts you'll need to add them before you can change the photo.
    06-18-16 03:26 PM
    No, how do u get rid of the circle all together so JuST the name shows ? No contact picture , no letter, no anything
    06-18-16 07:49 PM
    Pick a different app for SMS. Google's app adheres to the design tenets of Material Design.

06-18-16 08:17 PM
    Yeah I agree....i hate the circles and I never use contact pictures. Realizing how right BlackBerry interface on non Android phones has been all along. Sucks BlackBerry lost in the popularity category because they are winning in so many other areas!!!

Hopefully we can have list mode be available soon.

Priv...WOW~
    06-23-16 12:59 PM

Gmail has an option to disable the circles. It's weird (and inconsistent) that the standard SMS app doesn't have the same option.
    06-24-16 05:14 AM
    Gmail has an option to disable the circles. It's weird (and inconsistent) that the standard SMS app doesn't have the same option.
    Actually, it's the other way around - weird and inconsistent that Gmail DOES have the option. None of their other messaging apps (Inbox, Hangouts and Messenger) have the option.
    06-24-16 07:15 AM
    I like having the circle with the letter as it helps me quickly identify the person I'm looking for to send a text. However, the only annoying part is that sometimes I want to click on the previous text by hitting the circle area and instead of getting the texting screen pop up, you get that person's contact information.

If I could disable that function of the lettered circles and just have them be quick visual identifiers, that would be much better.

Posted via the PrivZilla!
    06-24-16 08:31 AM