When I turn on mobile data. It's automatic starts warm . Later feels like glowing bulb on hand.
    Attached Thumbnails priv heats up is high-17551.jpg  
    10-28-17 02:14 PM
    Common issue with that phone. I might suggest researching a phone in the future before purchasing.
    10-28-17 02:51 PM
    Common issue with that phone.
    I have had my Priv since launch and I've never experienced the heat issue... I know of others who haven't either... yes, it does happen as has been posted here on CB but I don't think it's a "common issue."

Bob
    Qorax likes this.
    10-28-17 03:03 PM
    What you think is subjective and irrelevant. Google blackerry priv issues and you'll see how many of the results mention overheating. If I researched a phone I was thinking of buying and I found more than three pages that mentioned serious overheating, I would not buy it. I might get one that that had the problem, I might not but why take the chance when it's a common enough issue that more than several sites mention it, and that's just a quick Google search. I didn't even search overheating I searched issues. Overheating is one of the most common ones. So yes, it is a common issue.
    10-28-17 03:23 PM
    What you think is subjective and irrelevant.
    What I said is based on my personal experience having owned my Priv since launch so it's not what I think it's what I know.

Therefore I feel it's relevant contrary to what you may think.

Bob
    10-28-17 03:28 PM
    Whether you think overheating is a common issue with the priv is irrelevant, because Google and a plethora of posts on this site say otherwise. Your opinion is based on your experience but facts do not support it. Your opinion is in a bubble that I have no concern for. I check the facts and that's what's relevant to me. Have a good day, sir.
    10-28-17 03:35 PM
    Me: Your opinion is subjective

You: my opinion is based on my personal experience

You're making my point for me. Again, have a good day.
    10-28-17 03:38 PM
    Your opinion is in a bubble that I have no concern for.
    Obviously...

Bob
    10-28-17 03:40 PM
    Heat up has only happened to me once after updating about eight key apps. Several reboots were necessary to calm it down.
    10-28-17 07:14 PM
    There are plenty of posts on this forum and others that talk about the overheating issues. I did research before I bought and the overheating wasn't much of an issue a year ago until there were os updates then it started having a lot more issues, unfortunatly past the return period now. Its something we now have to live with to use a PRIV along with the daily clear the cache and reboot, lower resolution, stopping apps, etc. You'll noticed the ones who say overheating isn't a problem are the ones who will post in a different thread hot to lower the screen resolution, clear the cache often, kill apps or stop using certain apps, etc. Sure you can beat the overheating if you do a bunch of things that are not necessary on another phone.
    10-30-17 10:24 AM
    Things like turning off adaptive brightness, not using Facebook's app (notorious for constantly pinging its servers), only use Location Services when needed, don't use WiFi. Turn off automatic app updates and just update apps at night when you're plugged in and have the wifi turned on (to save cellular data usage) - then all the heat occurs when you're not using the phone.

Make sure you're updated to the latest update.

My wife's phone did that overheat thing a couple of times and then I turned off the animations, etc. No problems since.
    10-30-17 11:30 AM
    Another thing to be aware of is that updates can cause existing apps to go wonky. After updating, make sure you do a 32 second reboot. Also periodically delete your data cache.
    10-30-17 03:56 PM
    Hey, the Priv has a native temperature warning notice?

Huh. I've never seen that, even in the days when the phone did get hot, but that was like end of last year. Neat.
    11-04-17 09:46 PM
    It's unbeatable in winter as a hand warmer. Sadly there are better phones out there which are not so good at warming your hands. Typed on a tepid Priv...
    11-04-17 10:57 PM
    Ha ha
    11-05-17 05:51 AM