Does anyone from Europe specifically Germany bought the priv? If so what are the customs charges? Please let me know. I am interested in buying one.

The mighty Passport
    07-07-16 04:35 AM
    Does anyone from Europe specifically Germany bought the priv? If so what are the customs charges? Please let me know. I am interested in buying one.

The mighty Passport
    yup
    07-07-16 10:51 AM
    Do we need to pay any customs charges or VAT?

The mighty Passport
    07-07-16 12:36 PM
    All depends on how it is shipped. Classified
    07-08-16 07:04 AM
    No clue here, but a suggestion.
    Change the tread title to better indicate what you want to know.
    Maybe something like "Priv to Germany, customs / VAT charges?"
    07-08-16 08:23 AM
    only 8 left for $300. They will be gone in an hour or two.
    07-08-16 08:28 AM
    All depends on how it is shipped. Classified
    It is being shipped by USPS international priority shipping .

The mighty Passport
    07-08-16 09:11 AM
    No clue here, but a suggestion.
    Change the tread title to better indicate what you want to know.
    Maybe something like "Priv to Germany, customs / VAT charges?"
    Thanks will do that..

Hai Can any Moderator help with change of thread title?

The mighty Passport
    07-08-16 09:12 AM
    only 8 left for $300. They will be gone in an hour or two.
    Yeah. But I already ordered one.. have to see how it goes with Customs??

The mighty Passport
    07-08-16 09:13 AM
    If it's anything like the US, 1 might be opened, inspected, fees assessed, etc, while the next 2 or 3 just get delivered, no questions asked.
    07-08-16 09:33 AM
    I just bought one last week and has received the phone 2 days ago. Best 300$ I have spent.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-08-16 10:57 AM
    A simple google search gave me this? Calculation of customs duties - European Commission
    Attached Thumbnails Priv to Germany, customs / VAT charges?-privebay.png  
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    07-08-16 12:45 PM
    Really depends on your seller. If the package is labeled correctly, the contents and value are clearly visible on the outside. For anything above 22€ you will have to pay 19% VAT on top. Anything above 150€ will have additional cusoms fees. This link here tells me, customs fee multiplicator for smartphones is 0 (lucky you). So you'll end up with around 300$*1.19=357$ or 323€. If all goes well, the mailman will show up at your doorstep and you'll pay the additional 52€ VAT to him.

Then there's the case where the seller screws up and doesn't clearly label the package. The package will be rerouted to the next customs office near you and you'll get a notice that you need to show up. When you do, you will be the one to open the package (so you can't claim that they damaged the contents). Also bring your invoice or any similar document that shows what you have paid, so the VAT can be calculated.

Worst case scenarios:
    1. Seller has labled the package as a gift but the customs office saw though this trick. Could mean some trouble for the seller and/or you.
    2. Customs office wants proof that this device doesn't cause interferences with local frequencies, has all the needed certificates and so on. Just look up what happened to the first Pebble smartwatch - a total disaster. (Very unlikely to happen, since Blackberry is a pretty well known global acting company and they got their certificates straight, so no worries)

(Used Yahoo's currency calculator... so prices may vary)
    raino and Wezard like this.
    07-08-16 01:23 PM
    Priv? Link me pls.
    07-08-16 03:55 PM
    Really depends on your seller. If the package is labeled correctly, the contents and value are clearly visible on the outside. For anything above 22� you will have to pay 19% VAT on top. Anything above 150� will have additional cusoms fees. This link here tells me, customs fee multiplicator for smartphones is 0 (lucky you). So you'll end up with around 300$*1.19=357$ or 323�. If all goes well, the mailman will show up at your doorstep and you'll pay the additional 52� VAT to him.

Then there's the case where the seller screws up and doesn't clearly label the package. The package will be rerouted to the next customs office near you and you'll get a notice that you need to show up. When you do, you will be the one to open the package (so you can't claim that they damaged the contents). Also bring your invoice or any similar document that shows what you have paid, so the VAT can be calculated.

Worst case scenarios:
    1. Seller has labled the package as a gift but the customs office saw though this trick. Could mean some trouble for the seller and/or you.
    2. Customs office wants proof that this device doesn't cause interferences with local frequencies, has all the needed certificates and so on. Just look up what happened to the first Pebble smartwatch - a total disaster. (Very unlikely to happen, since Blackberry is a pretty well known global acting company and they got their certificates straight, so no worries)

(Used Yahoo's currency calculator... so prices may vary)
    Thank you very much for your advice.. I will keep all this info and be ready with the documents..

The mighty Passport
    07-09-16 02:28 AM
    Priv? Link me pls.
    Seems it is out of stock. Here is the link though..

http://m.ebay.com/itm/BlackBerry-Pri...31472?NAV=HOME

The mighty Passport
    07-09-16 02:31 AM
    Bugger, missed it!

Thanks anyways for the link mate
    07-09-16 10:08 AM
    Here's a gold plated one, literally, for only $1,350.00 US

Gold Blackberry Priv 24K Gold Plated Karalux | eBay

Better hurry, only one left.
    07-09-16 06:31 PM