I have been having to reboot my Priv 3-4 times a day lately... app lock up and 'System Process I'd unresponsive, Wait or Close'

Seems to be related to an update and other Priv users I know have also seen similar (though not as extreme) issues.

Anyone else out there having this?

If this doesn't get fixed, I see an iPhone in my future.
    03-19-16 04:48 PM
    No issues here could be app related if not reloaders are out start over good luck
    03-19-16 05:08 PM
    You can try downloading an Autoloader to completely restore the OS. It will wipe out data so backup unique/valuable data if you chose to go that route.

Others may have additional ideas.
    03-19-16 05:12 PM
    hi everyone
    Don't know if this thread is still active . seems last time someone posted was in 2016.
    i am experiencing a similar problem with my bb priv.
    i have had it since oct 2016 . never had any issue with it . but a week ago it started acting up.
    so i read this thread and tried mostly what i found online. but the problem is persisting.
    the phone started heating first for a few hours. didn't want it to lose my data so i switched it off stuck it in a fridge to cool it down and then back on . that's when the phone started rebooting randomly .
    so i did a factory reset . ( worked for about an hour my mistake in the first factory reset was using a cloud backup to restore the phone ) so basically it came back to where it was .
    second time i did a factory reset and started installing the app one by one. to see which one was causing the problem. ( the phone kept on rebooting ) so figured it was caused by any of the app i was using .
    switched to safe mode ( phone radomly rebooted )
    so i thought it was a software issue .
    so did a last factory reset and that's when i noticed the problem was coming from the screen
    so i installed SOD killer . ( and it still keeps on rebooting randomly )
    on the last factory reset i couldn't even select the country and wifi network it kept on freezing and rebooting that's when i noticed that when the phone is closed and i try to use the touch screen it freezes and reboots
    but when the phone is opened ( keypad apparent ) i was able to use it normally . tried using it all day with the keypad apparent . and it seems to work fine. and anytime by mistake i close the phone and touch the screen it will freeze and reboot .

the phone never had any problem . i did the latest bb security update . i am wondering if that's not the problem.
    if someone out there is having a rebooting bb with the same symptomes and has a solution . i will be happy to have it .
    thanks for the help guys
    Eddrow likes this.
    05-24-18 02:48 PM
    hi everyone
    Don't know if this thread is still active . seems last time someone posted was in 2016.
    i am experiencing a similar problem with my bb priv.
    i have had it since oct 2016 . never had any issue with it . but a week ago it started acting up.
    so i read this thread and tried mostly what i found online. but the problem is persisting.
    the phone started heating first for a few hours. didn't want it to lose my data so i switched it off stuck it in a fridge to cool it down and then back on . that's when the phone started rebooting randomly .
    so i did a factory reset . ( worked for about an hour my mistake in the first factory reset was using a cloud backup to restore the phone ) so basically it came back to where it was .
    second time i did a factory reset and started installing the app one by one. to see which one was causing the problem. ( the phone kept on rebooting ) so figured it was caused by any of the app i was using .
    switched to safe mode ( phone radomly rebooted )
    so i thought it was a software issue .
    so did a last factory reset and that's when i noticed the problem was coming from the screen
    so i installed SOD killer . ( and it still keeps on rebooting randomly )
    on the last factory reset i couldn't even select the country and wifi network it kept on freezing and rebooting that's when i noticed that when the phone is closed and i try to use the touch screen it freezes and reboots
    but when the phone is opened ( keypad apparent ) i was able to use it normally . tried using it all day with the keypad apparent . and it seems to work fine. and anytime by mistake i close the phone and touch the screen it will freeze and reboot .

the phone never had any problem . i did the latest bb security update . i am wondering if that's not the problem.
    if someone out there is having a rebooting bb with the same symptomes and has a solution . i will be happy to have it .
    thanks for the help guys
    CK did you manage to resolve your issues? I am getting the same. I have reached the battery, no joy.
    Ck_s likes this.
    07-24-18 04:09 PM
    Hi. My PRIV has been working fine for the last 2 years, but the update messed something up. My battery has been draining crazy fast and the radio has been warm. Reboots sort of helped but it will start acting up again. In a day or two. This morning I woke up grabbing the phone off the charger and it was warm. In 3 hours it was done to 27%. So I decided to check the battery status and see what is draining it. It turned out that Notable had drained over 50% of the battery. The rest of the apps appeared to be normal drainage. I un-installed Notable and now all is good. At least for now. I hope that was all there was to this problem. Hope this helps.
    andy957 likes this.
    07-25-18 06:08 PM
    Hi. My PRIV has been working fine for the last 2 years, but the update messed something up. My battery has been draining crazy fast and the radio has been warm. Reboots sort of helped but it will start acting up again. In a day or two. This morning I woke up grabbing the phone off the charger and it was warm. In 3 hours it was done to 27%. So I decided to check the battery status and see what is draining it. It turned out that Notable had drained over 50% of the battery. The rest of the apps appeared to be normal drainage. I un-installed Notable and now all is good. At least for now. I hope that was all there was to this problem. Hope this helps.
    There's almost always that one out-of-control app that's draining away the battery
    07-27-18 09:16 AM
    Hi eddrow. no . i have just been able to reduce the number of rebooting per day.
    i dis a hard reset . and installed only the important app. email calendar and importants app i need. no social media app or any battery consuming app. and it's been ok since. it reboots maybe once a day . i noticed that when i use the text messaging app it's more likely to reboot often. tried a different texting . haven't tried any other texting app. i bought a keyone as replacement .
    i had the bb priv for 2 years so i figured maybe it was blackberry's way of telling customers it's about time to get a new phone to support our annual revenue if you want our company to survive ..LOL
    07-27-18 01:36 PM