I upgraded to MM last night and judging by the forum, I'm the only one having problems.

Priv is STV100-4 on o2 UK.

I have the OEM BlackBerry case with the hole in the front. When I close it, its fine. When I open it again the screen doesn't respond for around 10 seconds and locks and I have to enter the password. I do have the screen lock turned on after 10 mins, however even if I close the case and then open it after a min or two, the screen freezes and then after 10 seconds, locks the device and I have to enter the password again.

All apps are up to date. I even wiped the device and reinstalled everything again but same thing happens. Any ideas?

Fazer
    04-27-16 01:07 PM
    If by wiped the device, you mean you did the Factory Reset... that's the only suggestion I'd have.
    04-27-16 02:03 PM
    not sure about the 10 second delay but have you looked in settings>display>Screen wakes to... to see if that is set to having the screen wake to the unlock screen?
    04-27-16 03:37 PM
    If by wiped the device, you mean you did the Factory Reset... that's the only suggestion I'd have.
    Yep, that's what I have done. Don't understand why it's freezing. Thought it might be the new Sleep mode but even when set to 30 mins, close the lid and it freezes then the screen locks when it sorts itself out
    04-27-16 03:39 PM
    not sure about the 10 second delay but have you looked in settings>display>Screen wakes to... to see if that is set to having the screen wake to the unlock screen?
    Tried that, set it to 30 mins and set it to keep the screen unlocked. Doesn't make any difference. Soon as I close the case and open it a few seconds later, screen freezes and then locks.
    04-27-16 03:41 PM
    Could be a hardware issue. Make sure the case is not pressing the Power button.

I don't recall if Blackberry Virtual Expert has a test for screen lock.

If you have a screen protector on or can protect the screen from potential scratches, you could test the screen on/off using a magnet. About halfway up and just about 1/2 inch in is the sensor. A magnet will trigger sleep, removing it will turn back on.

Also remove the case. Are you bending the flip cover around to the back? Some folks have found that can trigger sleep again.

Do you have a Password on the device?
    04-27-16 05:10 PM
    Could be a hardware issue. Make sure the case is not pressing the Power button.

I don't recall if Blackberry Virtual Expert has a test for screen lock.

If you have a screen protector on or can protect the screen from potential scratches, you could test the screen on/off using a magnet. About halfway up and just about 1/2 inch in is the sensor. A magnet will trigger sleep, removing it will turn back on.

Also remove the case. Are you bending the flip cover around to the back? Some folks have found that can trigger sleep again.

Do you have a Password on the device?
    I do have a password on the device. I think it is the case causing the problem. Pressing the power button to wake the device works fine. no issues. As soon as I fold the case front over the phone, it freezes and locks. Within 5-10 seconds of my closing the cover.

Think I'll have to purchase a new case. Hard to say if its hardware as I haven't had a problem since I bought the device in December. Its just since the upgrade to MM this has started happening.

Thanks for your help
    04-28-16 05:28 AM