Anybody has any insight, especially for SFR? I'm hoping for a carrier release, cause I'm due for a renewal, since my Z30 is dead and my Z10 is dying.
    But I heard from a store that BlackBerry didn't want to work with SFR no more (which would be why they didn't release the Passport)

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 06:08 PM
    Take everything you hear from carrier store reps with a grain of salt. Also pack some blood pressure medication, because it's going to be a huge grain of salt.

If the store reps were privy to such business decisions, chances are they wouldn't be selling phones at the store.
    10-19-15 09:03 PM
    EU carriers dont subsidize... also, the thing will generally carry a 21% VAT (TVA) on top of it... THAT is a whopping price in the EU where the economies are still in the dumps... the EU is not where BlackBerry will see sales spike...

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 09:52 PM
    I hope to find it on other shop in France, I find and touch the Passport at Orly Airport, and expect it will be at least the same for the Priv.
    Just hope the price will be lower than the Netherland one.
    10-20-15 03:58 AM
    Hopefully, if it has a nano sim worldwide, we can still order it from an other country and ship it to france and get it for less than the france price
    10-20-15 04:15 AM
    EU carriers don't subsidize...
    That is non sense... EU carriers DO subsidized.
    VAT is between 17% and 20% and goes as high as 25% for the Scandinavian countries (Switzerland is 8%).
    And that has nothing to do with Blackberry, this rate applies to most consumer goods, apple, Sony etc whatever, name it.
    so your argument about BlackBerry not selling because of VAT is just non sense...
    WT44 and raino like this.
    10-20-15 04:26 AM
    EU carriers dont subsidize... also, the thing will generally carry a 21% VAT (TVA) on top of it... THAT is a whopping price in the EU where the economies are still in the dumps... the EU is not where BlackBerry will see sales spike...

Posted via CB10
    You should update your knowledge.
    WT44 likes this.
    10-20-15 04:31 AM
    EU carriers dont subsidize...
    That is non sense... EU carriers DO subsidized.
    You should update your knowledge.
    Yes, please don't post if you don't have a clue.
    10-20-15 05:25 AM
    Hopefully, if it has a nano sim worldwide, we can still order it from an other country and ship it to france and get it for less than the france price
    Specs has shown nano .
    10-20-15 07:16 AM

Posted via CB10
    Twaddle.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 O2 UK
    10-20-15 07:25 AM
    Anybody has any insight, especially for SFR? I'm hoping for a carrier release, cause I'm due for a renewal, since my Z30 is dead and my Z10 is dying.
    But I heard from a store that BlackBerry didn't want to work with SFR no more (which would be why they didn't release the Passport)

Posted via CB10
    Viva le Priv!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 O2 UK
    10-20-15 07:26 AM
    Just a heads up for France, while I still take these statements with a grain of salt, just came by an Orange Store and a SFR one, neither of them seemed to know about the Priv.

The Orange rep mentionned they had the Passport and Classic, so he didn't see a reason why they wouldn't have it, he just didn't know about it.

The SFR guys looked at me like an alien for just mentionning BlackBerry name, and insisted they were sure they were not gonna carry it...

Meanwhile both these carriers official twitter accounts are in the "no informations as of yet" phase regarding the Priv.

If SFR doesn't carry it though, I'm out, I've been waiting for my upgrade for too long, and can't keep paying a premium price if I'm not gonna be able to chose the phone that suits me.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 09:24 AM
    Just a heads up for France, while I still take these statements with a grain of salt, just came by an Orange Store and a SFR one, neither of them seemed to know about the Priv.

The Orange rep mentionned they had the Passport and Classic, so he didn't see a reason why they wouldn't have it, he just didn't know about it.

The SFR guys looked at me like an alien for just mentionning BlackBerry name, and insisted they were sure they were not gonna carry it...

Meanwhile both these carriers official twitter accounts are in the "no informations as of yet" phase regarding the Priv.

If SFR doesn't carry it though, I'm out, I've been waiting for my upgrade for too long, and can't keep paying a premium price if I'm not gonna be able to chose the phone that suits me.

Posted via CB10
    Isn't it possible to buy an un-locked phone and then use with SFR it any other network in France . I have not in 15 years used a locked phone in Sweden and then Ihave all the nice alternatives

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 09:53 AM
    Yes, it's possible, I'm just disappointed cause I paid full price on my monthly fee to get a good price on my replacement.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 10:28 AM
    The postal service customs agents are waiting...

raino likes this.
    10-26-15 10:51 AM
    Hi! I'm also interested to know when the Priv will be available in France. I'm from Belgium but France will obviously get it first and I need AZERTY instead of QWERTY :/
    10-29-15 05:12 PM
    Hi! I'm also interested to know when the Priv will be available in France. I'm from Belgium but France will obviously get it first and I need AZERTY instead of QWERTY :/
    Looks like an AZERTY Priv will be made: BlackBerry PRIV AZERTY BLACK (PRD-60029-019) : achat / vente sur PC21.FR
    10-29-15 05:17 PM
    According to this site, it will come with BB10 too, lol

Posted via CB10
    raino likes this.
    10-30-15 03:38 AM

Posted via CB10
    And also 4,5 inch screen..... We still have to wait and continue to twitt.
    Fnac and AmazonFR doesn't answer
    10-30-15 04:09 AM
    Asked for confirmation of an azerty priv they listed, centralpoint.be answered :
    centralpoint_be ‏@centralpoint_be 7 hil y a 7 heures
    @natachahelenaa Bonjour, la date pr�vu est le 18/11, mais n'a pas encore �t� confirm� par Blackberry et peut encore changer. Bien � vous
    10-30-15 09:26 AM
    Salut, La France...du Canada.
    10-30-15 09:34 AM
    Yikes. I haven't read French in years, and clearly didn't even try here

I would keep an eye on ShopBB France. For what it's worth, neither they nor ShopBB Germany have the Priv listed yet.
    10-30-15 09:51 AM
    Yikes. I haven't read French in years, and clearly didn't even try here

I would keep an eye on ShopBB France. For what it's worth, neither they nor ShopBB Germany have the Priv listed yet.
    No need to wait until it is for sale @ shopbb, in ger you can find the listed electronics store saturn and mediamarkt in pretty much every mid-sized city. Alle Media Markt-M�rkte auf einen Blick | N�chsten Media Markt suchen
    SATURN Markt�bersicht The same goes for many other shops that shopbb have listed for other eu countries. EU law says you have 14 days to make up your mind whether or not to keep a product that you have purchased online @ an E-shop.
    10-30-15 11:04 AM
    I was wondering if French Canadians use AZERTY keyboard layout ?
    10-30-15 12:11 PM
    hi I also am from Belgium, I had no problem at using my beloved Passport. The only issue from my perspective with priv is the price...
    The keyboard layout doesn't bother me
    10-30-15 12:21 PM
33 12