Went into Carphone Warehouse today to finally take a first hands on look at the PRIV. Debating do I upgrade from my three year old Z10 or not? Also with me was my other half who is due an upgrade from her Samsung S4 and is interested in the PRIV also as an option. We went in and there was a dummy PRIV which was obviously not working and felt horrible in the hands as well as tacky, spongy and flimsy keyboard. Then next to it were working glossy looking S6 & S7s. Having then asked to take a look at a working PRIV we were both a lot happier with the look and keyboard etc. So come on either Carphone Warehouse or BlackBerry put a working model next to the working competition because causal lookers will just walk away and not ask. When I asked any feedback the only one they said they had was hardcore BlackBerry users were not happy with Android. Have to say big BB10 fan but do I need to look forward and not backwards?

Posted via CB10
    05-02-16 01:32 PM
    This thing about hard-core BlackBerry user is nonsense. Priv is great my friend go for it! They obviously the guys at the store weren't properly informed and bored as well to give u a proper answer.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-02-16 01:41 PM
    Oh and also forgot to say was told that they didn't have any in stock and would need to order in!

Posted via CB10
    05-02-16 01:59 PM
    When I asked any feedback the only one they said they had was hardcore BlackBerry users were not happy with Android. Have to say big BB10 fan but do I need to look forward and not backwards?
    If CB is any indication, they're not happy with anything. Don't mind them.

If you tried out a live Priv and liked it, you might as well consider it, especially if the keyboard is a big part of why you're sticking with BlackBerry. I've had mine for six months and I've never looked back.
    JG_Agustin likes this.
    05-02-16 02:02 PM
    Used to have a Torch and loved that so like the idea of a keyboard again.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-16 02:04 PM
    I have also been reluctant to switch from my Passport and at the moment still use it as primary phone, as my PRIV's hard shell case has not yet arrived. I agree with others on this thread, we have to look forward. There are many features that work better on BB10, no doubt about it, but I hope these improve on the PRIV eventually.

I will most likely end up dual-wielding both devices: the PRIV as my main phone and Passport as a tablet-like device, or viceversa in some cases.

Op: IMHO, switching from a Z10 will most likely be easier, as the PRIV will definitely feel like an upgrade in terms of speed and fluidity, even with certain details which are not yet polished. I prefer the Passport's pkb, but in all honesty, the PRIV's pkb is not bad as mentioned in other posts. On the contrary, I find it quite a relief when having to draft long texts, otherwise I couldn't just bear using the vkb (even when I've had previously owned a Z30).

The PRIV is not for all BlackBerry enthusiasts though, many will find it lacking, for instance with regards to the Hub (I do). But in the end, it's the way forward. If you can live without a wide app selection, stick to BB10, otherwise don't doubt that the PRIV could be just what you need.

Posted with my powerful and masterful  Passport!
    FF22 likes this.
    05-02-16 03:10 PM
    The PRIV grows on you the more you use it. The Passport for me is the best quality build. I wish the PRIV battery was equal to the Passport battery. To me the front camera is the most negative thing about the PRIV. Marshmallow is a big improvement
    05-02-16 03:16 PM
    I've been a BlackBerry user for the past 10 years .I switched from passport to priv 2 weeks ago. The first 2 days were awkward I have to admit. But now I love it!
    Sure there are a couple of things that were better on bb10 BUT there are like 100 more being better on priv.
    Honestly ppl don't hesitate to get!its amazing!

05-02-16 03:18 PM
    If CB is any indication, they're not happy with anything. Don't mind them.

If you tried out a live Priv and liked it, you might as well consider it, especially if the keyboard is a big part of why you're sticking with BlackBerry. I've had mine for six months and I've never looked back.
    I tried out the Priv, but couldn't get used to the keyboard. Way too cramped.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-16 04:08 PM
    Thank you for your comments. BlackBerry and/or Carphone Warehouse still need to do better at showing off the device!

Posted via CB10
    05-03-16 01:18 AM
    I tried out the Priv, but couldn't get used to the keyboard. Way too cramped.

Posted via CB10
    Again this is based on what you're coming from. I've been using a torch 9810 as my secondary phone and anything bigger than that keyboard is perfectly do-able for me.
    05-03-16 01:34 AM
    CPW are only interested in selling iphones or samsungs,tried their best to talk me out of getting one..

Passport to heaven..
    05-03-16 02:03 AM
    It is one of the best phones out, FULL STOP.

Not just for hard-core BlackBerry fans.

05-03-16 02:18 PM
    Went into Carphone Warehouse today to finally take a first hands on look at the PRIV. Debating do I upgrade from my three year old Z10 or not? Also with me was my other half who is due an upgrade from her Samsung S4 and is interested in the PRIV also as an option. We went in and there was a dummy PRIV which was obviously not working and felt horrible in the hands as well as tacky, spongy and flimsy keyboard. Then next to it were working glossy looking S6 & S7s. Having then asked to take a look at a working PRIV we were both a lot happier with the look and keyboard etc. So come on either Carphone Warehouse or BlackBerry put a working model next to the working competition because causal lookers will just walk away and not ask. When I asked any feedback the only one they said they had was hardcore BlackBerry users were not happy with Android. Have to say big BB10 fan but do I need to look forward and not backwards?

Posted via CB10
    Same thing happened to Playbook...
    05-03-16 08:38 PM