Not sure if it's placebo, or the reboot, but after taking my phone off the beta logging, it's running smoother.

But I'll reserve judgement till after a day or so, that's when the slowdowns settle in.
    VITOS72 and mbirth like this.
    04-12-17 01:54 PM
    Not sure if it's placebo, or the reboot, but after taking my phone off the beta logging, it's running smoother.

But I'll reserve judgement till after a day or so, that's when the slowdowns settle in.
    How did you take it off exactly?
    04-12-17 01:59 PM
    As far as I can tell there's not many staff/volunteers primarily running BB devices. Were one to narrow it down to BB10, I think we've almost all left it.
    Good on you for at least having a valid justification. For most of us BlackBerry became a completely unjustifiable diversion a long time ago. Heck...who am I kidding? Since forever lol.
    04-12-17 02:06 PM
    How did you take it off exactly?
    @mbirth posted some instructions earlier in this thread.

EDIT: /blackberry-priv-f440/priv-firmware-betas-done-1105374-post12834764/
    04-12-17 02:12 PM

Same here. Feels snappier, probably because it doesn't have to store logfiles in the background… but yeah, let's wait and see if it's still as smooth tomorrow.
    04-12-17 02:13 PM
    Same here. Feels snappier, probably because it doesn't have to store logfiles in the background… but yeah, let's wait and see if it's still as smooth tomorrow.
    Kinda sad WE have to post instructions to fellow former beta testers to clean up our own devices... when they had those instructions posted and locked everyone out so nobody can see them. But then I guess CrackBerry is indeed officially BlackBerry so I guess can be treated as official instructions lol.
    @Bla1ze, maybe you want to post them oon FP too?
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    04-12-17 02:22 PM
    Just received this mail from Beta Info:

"(Apologies if you received this already today — we’re sending again to make sure it reaches everyone!)

Howdy!

Since we re-energized the BlackBerry BetaZone in April 2016, it has been an amazing ride! We’ve received great feedback, confirmation on existing issues, and squashed many, many bugs. It was an awesome opportunity to engage with everyone who love their BlackBerry smartphones and want to see a top-quality product. Just to show you what I mean, let me show you the numbers:

Nearly 3,000 registered participants;
    Over 9,200 bug reports generated by the community;
    Over 1,600 forum threads created;
    300+ new defect reports created by the community; and
    Discovery of thousands of defects linked to existing known issues.

Some of you may have heard that BlackBerry is focusing on our great software and security as we start to license our brand and security know-how to our partners who will build, market and support all-new BlackBerry smartphones. Going forward, we will likewise change the way we run our Beta programs. We will continue to support BlackBerry BetaZone, but focused on our BlackBerry Hub+ Suite of applications. I wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has registered for the Beta program over the years and contributed to our products. I look forward to our ongoing engagement with Hub+ for not only our BlackBerry smartphone users, but those you of who have other brands of Android smartphones and just can’t get enough of BlackBerry software.

Thanks again for your participation and commitment. Here’s some steps you can take to remove diagnostic reporting from your device:

[Optional] Open the Phone app dialer pad, and enter *#*#GETTOKEN#*#* (which is: *#*#43886536#*#*), then in the pop-up window tap Start, then Save, then restart your device
    [Recommended] Disable diagnostic reporting now, in Settings > Developer options > Log collection > Diagnostic settings > General settings > Capture (set it to Off).

You are also now in the very first group to receive production updates when they are released by BlackBerry. This includes AT&T-branded devices that were participating in the program.

If you’re participating in the Hub+ Suite beta program, I’ll see you there!

Thanks,

@JohnHanam"
    04-12-17 02:31 PM
    Just received this mail from Beta Info:

"(Apologies if you received this already today — we’re sending again to make sure it reaches everyone!)

Howdy!

Since we re-energized the BlackBerry BetaZone in April 2016, it has been an amazing ride! We’ve received great feedback, confirmation on existing issues, and squashed many, many bugs. It was an awesome opportunity to engage with everyone who love their BlackBerry smartphones and want to see a top-quality product. Just to show you what I mean, let me show you the numbers:

Nearly 3,000 registered participants;
    Over 9,200 bug reports generated by the community;
    Over 1,600 forum threads created;
    300+ new defect reports created by the community; and
    Discovery of thousands of defects linked to existing known issues.

Some of you may have heard that BlackBerry is focusing on our great software and security as we start to license our brand and security know-how to our partners who will build, market and support all-new BlackBerry smartphones. Going forward, we will likewise change the way we run our Beta programs. We will continue to support BlackBerry BetaZone, but focused on our BlackBerry Hub+ Suite of applications. I wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has registered for the Beta program over the years and contributed to our products. I look forward to our ongoing engagement with Hub+ for not only our BlackBerry smartphone users, but those you of who have other brands of Android smartphones and just can’t get enough of BlackBerry software.

Thanks again for your participation and commitment. Here’s some steps you can take to remove diagnostic reporting from your device:

[Optional] Open the Phone app dialer pad, and enter *#*#GETTOKEN#*#* (which is: *#*#43886536#*#*), then in the pop-up window tap Start, then Save, then restart your device
    [Recommended] Disable diagnostic reporting now, in Settings > Developer options > Log collection > Diagnostic settings > General settings > Capture (set it to Off).

You are also now in the very first group to receive production updates when they are released by BlackBerry. This includes AT&T-branded devices that were participating in the program.

If you’re participating in the Hub+ Suite beta program, I’ll see you there!

Thanks,

@JohnHanam"
    Got that too. First time I've ever seen John's last name...
    04-12-17 02:32 PM
    Good on you for at least having a valid justification. For most of us BlackBerry became a completely unjustifiable diversion a long time ago. Heck...who am I kidding? Since forever lol.
    After some thought I bit the bullet. It's been an often-while-not-always fun eight years, but everything has an end. CB Question still needs someone to search Google for them, though.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    04-12-17 02:34 PM
    From the Beta zone:

An Update for Android M Beta Participants
    Apr 12 2017

Here's an update for people who were participating in the Android M beta programs.

We've received a number of questions about the status of the beta programs and the devices that were participating. We did send out an email this morning to all of the registered Beta Zone accounts, containing details about removing your device from the beta program, but the details may not have reached everyone.

Here's some additional details for each program!

Android M on DTEK50

There is nothing needed from you to leave the beta program: diagnostic reporting ended on your device in March, and you are now in the very first group to receive production updates when they are released by BlackBerry.

Android M on DTEK60

Diagnostic reporting will end on your device automatically at the end of April, and you are now in the very first group to receive production updates when they are released by BlackBerry. If you wish to disable diagnostic reporting now, you can do so in Settings > Developer options > Log collection > Diagnostic settings > General settings > Capture (set it to Off).

Android M on PRIV

Here’s some steps you can take to remove diagnostic reporting from your device:

You are also now in the very first group to receive production updates when they are released by BlackBerry. This includes AT&T-variant devices that were participating in the beta program.

I hope this helps! Thanks again for your participation and commitment.

John
    04-12-17 03:00 PM
    Just received this from John:

"Hi Vito,

The April security patch release is not yet available for PRIV. You will receive it as soon as it is approved for release.

Thanks!

John"
    xandros9 likes this.
    04-12-17 03:30 PM
    The plot thickens
    04-12-17 03:32 PM

"Hi Vito,

The April security patch release is not yet available for PRIV. You will receive it as soon as it is approved for release.

Thanks!

John"
    I'm not surprised it isn't, it isn't on PTCRB yet.
    04-12-17 03:45 PM

It's true.
    04-12-17 04:02 PM
    It's true.
    I don't want to come to a conclusion yet, because based on my experience, the slowdowns usually start happening a day or two later at least, even with the logging on.
    04-12-17 04:08 PM
    I don't want to come to a conclusion yet, because based on my experience, the slowdowns usually start happening a day or two later at least, even with the logging on.
    They start just when you think they won't.
    xandros9 likes this.
    04-12-17 04:19 PM
    Okay, so is tcl doing the OS software for the BlackBerry mobile devices? (And BlackBerry doing the apps)
    04-12-17 04:33 PM
    After some thought I bit the bullet. It's been an often-while-not-always fun eight years, but everything has an end. CB Question still needs someone to search Google for them, though.
    I can't imagine cb without you .........
    FF22 likes this.
    04-12-17 04:33 PM
    Okay, so is tcl doing the OS software for the BlackBerry mobile devices? (And BlackBerry doing the apps)
    BlackBerry's still handling the OS (eep). TCL just does hardware design, distribution, etc.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    04-12-17 05:16 PM
    BlackBerry's still handling the OS (eep). TCL just does hardware design, distribution, etc.
    And somehow the OS is not software. :P
    04-12-17 07:06 PM
    And somehow the OS is not software. :P
    It's not software for their in market devices they were responsible for that they are now ditching.
    04-12-17 07:17 PM
    Somehow the Galaxy S8 has a larger screen than the DTEK60 while being smaller. And if I place the pre-order with Telus before the 20th I get a free Gear VR. Hmm.
    One plus 5 looks like my next phone
    04-12-17 09:10 PM
    I'm afraid the resale value of our Privs just went down a certain degree today.
    That ship sailed when they sold the priv for basically half price on Black Friday a year after launch.
    04-12-17 10:35 PM

"Hi Vito,

Thanks!

John"
    Good to know.

And just for the record, I got all the aforementioned emails today also. Problem is, I was never in the beta program to begin with. Hmmm...
    04-12-17 11:52 PM
    No Android N for the PRIV? It shouldn't even be that hard to port it over from the KeyOne.
    04-13-17 05:09 AM
109 12345