I wonder why BlackBerry is doing this. Why can't they just update the priv, dtek50, dtek60 to nougat and I!
    04-13-17 06:04 PM
    I wonder why BlackBerry is doing this. Why can't they just update the priv, dtek50, dtek60 to nougat and I!
    Too be honest I don't get it either.

I understand there are cost associated with supporting these devices and that technically they are now also legacy devices as BlackBerry is moving out of hardware. But one would assume that much of the work on Nougat for the PRIV and DTEKS has already been done at this point. One would assume they had versions of Nougat running on those hardware sets, even before TCL agreed to take on the KEYone.

Think it would be in TCL's best interest to take on the cost of updating the DTEKs.... as they are going to be relying heavily on many of those same customers to continue buying BlackBerry branded devices.
    FF22, mbirth and krazyatom like this.
    04-14-17 08:26 AM
    Are you going to ask him on Twitter again? Because I don't know how to contact John directly...

EDIT: And now I got this after a clean reboot with everything disabled:

Attachment 421134
    Were you able to fix that? I'm still getting that popup after every reboot.
    Last edited by ruvcan; 04-21-17 at 08:36 AM.
    04-21-17 07:16 AM
    Were you able to fix that? Still getting that popup after every reboot.
    Is that the BlackBerry version of blue screen?
    04-21-17 08:11 AM
    Seems odd not to support legacy android devices with OS upgrades. When the Priv was made the road map to licencing was already formed and the Priv was one of the first steps to that direction. So that would mean pulling support once the transition to the licencing was complete was also a part of the road map and that just seems cruel.

IF these devices are going to get nougat they probably are not going to get them until the KEYᵒᶰᵉ is released and it has some time in the market to convince people to upgrade and that move is acceptable however pulling support is not acceptable and it doesn't make them look good. For them they probably don't care because it's someone else's problem and there isn't enough people who own these devices to make enough noise.

This does affect my decision on if th KEYᵒᶰᵉ is my next device or not. I'm waiting a year either way so we will see what has happen then.
    04-21-17 08:46 AM
    Were you able to fix that? I'm still getting that popup after every reboot.
    The developer certificate will expire on the end of April, then the messages should stop automatically.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-21-17 09:56 AM
    The developer certificate will expire on the end of April, then the messages should stop automatically.
    Awesome!
    04-21-17 10:59 AM
    ... mdr
    04-21-17 11:05 AM
    If we really don't even get Android N, then the device is really dead. Locked Bootloader, No Root, ok, wasn't a problem for me because BlackBerry promised updates but like this? Why should i spent another 600+ Euro on one of their devices, if they will probably be stopped in being supported after 1 year?
    Because when the euro one countries see the UK leave and the GBP rise like a rocket & others follow to the EU door, the euro will plunge and the phone will cost you 800 € + TVA... mdr
    04-21-17 11:08 AM
109 ... 345