Dear All
    I have a problem with Priv Select, cut, and copy text with fine cursor control.

The instructions on BlackBerry Web site are - To select text, tap the the Select Text icon icon. Move the directional pad to select text.

PROBLEM When I select the "Select Text" icon it turns from white to blue but DOESN'T select text, only the cursor moves.
    01-15-18 06:53 AM
    Dear All
    I have a problem with Priv Select, cut, and copy text with fine cursor control.

The instructions on BlackBerry Web site are - To select text, tap the the Select Text icon icon. Move the directional pad to select text.

PROBLEM When I select the "Select Text" icon it turns from white to blue but DOESN'T select text, only the cursor moves.
    You cannot select without Shift on hardware keyboard. Those tip is related to on-screen keyboard only.
    01-15-18 06:55 AM
    Dear Badabook, thank you for your reply. According to the BlackBerry Web site you can touch the Select button and select without using Shift key.

Please see the button which I selected Blue below (I also asked BlackBerry Twitter support also since they now canceled phone support).

But now I found something strange. The feature works in BlackBerry Hub but not other apps.
    Attached Thumbnails Priv Fine Cursor Control Copy does not work-screenshot_20180115-204555.jpg  
    01-15-18 07:14 AM
    . According to the BlackBerry Web site you can touch the Select button and select without using Shift key.
    You say "touch", and hence we are speaking about on-screen, whilst I said " cannot select via hardware".
    Personally I don't use those on-screen trackpad, so cannot suggest smth useful. Maybe other members will help.
    adriandavidcheok likes this.
    01-15-18 07:46 AM