So my PRIV never really ran smoothly, not even from day 1. The device gets hot, burns battery, ect. So after being out of the country for a few weeks, with a different phone, I decided to go ahead and just reset and redo my entire phone. I'm on day 2. I can already tell a difference. One the updates were done it became so zippy. No random keyboard scrolling. No more severe battery drain, albeit still not an amazing battery, damn 808.

If your still having issues, and you have an afternoon...id suggest it. Made me fall in love all over again. For now...
    FF22 likes this.
    03-07-17 11:52 AM
    Hi

What do you mean by reset and redo?
    03-07-17 11:54 AM
    Probably a factory reset, then a reinstall of the apps and settings would be my best guess.
    03-07-17 11:59 AM
    Yeah, factory reset it and downloaded all relevant apps. So worth the couple hours spent redoing everything. Never been happier with my priv!
    03-07-17 03:55 PM
    Yeah, factory reset it and downloaded all relevant apps. So worth the couple hours spent redoing everything. Never been happier with my priv!
    Now set your animations to 0.5x and watch it fly.
    Gigolo69 and jamesharmeling like this.
    03-07-17 04:14 PM
    I did this a few days ago and you do see some significant speed gain from apps that open up.
    jakie55 likes this.
    03-07-17 04:19 PM
    Yep, tried this a few weeks ago, amazing difference.
    03-07-17 04:45 PM
    Just did it, really amazed. I really was starting to regret buying it, at full price, but now it is the phone it should of been from the start haha. I really feel like I don't even need to buy a KEYone until this actually breaks!
    yyz321 likes this.
    03-07-17 05:43 PM
    So my PRIV never really ran smoothly, not even from day 1. The device gets hot, burns battery, ect. So after being out of the country for a few weeks, with a different phone, I decided to go ahead and just reset and redo my entire phone. I'm on day 2. I can already tell a difference. One the updates were done it became so zippy. No random keyboard scrolling. No more severe battery drain, albeit still not an amazing battery, damn 808.

If your still having issues, and you have an afternoon...id suggest it. Made me fall in love all over again. For now...
    Thank you for sharing that. It might really help someone else who has been having similar issues. While restoring a device can be tedious, it might be the solution to slowdown and other problems.
    03-07-17 05:48 PM

I sent my phone in for repair and got a refreshed refurbished. Same experience. No over heating and much smoother. Unfortunately the SIM reader was defective so I'm waiting for another replacement. Hoping for another smoothy.
    03-07-17 05:50 PM
    Yeah, so impressed! Glad I didn't pull the trigger on another phone. Although I am a bit sad it won't be the KEYone lol
    03-07-17 06:01 PM
    I did a factory reset in January and also set my animations to 0.5X... sure did make my Priv zippy... 👍

Bob
    03-07-17 06:14 PM
    Hello. How do I access animations to adjust?
    03-07-17 07:04 PM
    Gotta go into developer options and just change the animations drop downs
    03-07-17 07:08 PM
    Gotta go into developer options and just change the animations drop downs
    Okay, I'll search on settings. Thanks.
    03-07-17 07:14 PM
    Okay, I'll search on settings. Thanks.
    You do have to unlock developer options first. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think you tap the "build number" several times in the "about phone" section.
    prasetyodanny likes this.
    03-08-17 09:57 AM
    Thank you for sharing that. It might really help someone else who has been having similar issues. While restoring a device can be tedious, it might be the solution to slowdown and other problems.
    There is a GREAT thread on optimizing PRIVs that was posted up very soon after the PRIV appeared.
    I don't have it book-marked, but I think it's in its own category. If you look that up it has all the good tips like turning animations off, turning off the adaptive brightness, updating all apps to the latest, etc. VERY helpful and useful.

I regularly now get two days out of a charge using GMAIL for work, although I'm not a heavy user.
    03-08-17 10:13 AM
    Always a good idea. When in doubt just go back to basics.
    03-09-17 06:50 AM
    Just figured out how to do this, and wow. What a difference! Only it reduces the security rating in Dtek. Not hugely, but enough to move the dial.
    03-09-17 11:11 PM
    Just figured out how to do this, and wow. What a difference! Only it reduces the security rating in Dtek. Not hugely, but enough to move the dial.
    Only because you can mess things up in developer settings if you're not careful.
    03-09-17 11:20 PM
    Where did u sent ur phone?
    03-10-17 12:58 AM
    There is a GREAT thread on optimizing PRIVs that was posted up very soon after the PRIV appeared.
    I don't have it book-marked, but I think it's in its own category. If you look that up it has all the good tips like turning animations off, turning off the adaptive brightness, updating all apps to the latest, etc. VERY helpful and useful.

I regularly now get two days out of a charge using GMAIL for work, although I'm not a heavy user.
    I can't find that thread - do you know where it is?
    03-12-17 06:52 PM
    I can't find that thread - do you know where it is?
    Well, at this point, all you need to know is here
    03-12-17 07:19 PM
    I did this a few days ago and you do see some significant speed gain from apps that open up.
    I do this to every Android device every time I get 1.

Flicked via the BlackBerry keyboard on my PRIV.
    03-12-17 11:23 PM
    I do this to every Android device every time I get 1.

Flicked via the BlackBerry keyboard on my PRIV.
    Hey, I haven't seen you in a thread in a while!
    03-13-17 12:33 AM
29 12