Just throwing it out there as to which apps etc people have tried that work good on our edge screens...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-09-16 07:57 PM
    There is no apps for the edges with the priv.

Rock'n that Passport Silver Edition
    04-09-16 08:04 PM
    There is no apps for the edges with the priv.

Rock'n that Passport Silver Edition
    But there are apps for the s6 and s7 edge that somewhat work

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 08:05 PM
    I am using edge launcher , it works pretty well.
    04-11-16 03:46 PM
    I am using edge launcher , it works pretty well.
    I used the edge launcher, but it seems to disappear after a while. It has been days since I started it up again. I assume it crashes then just closes. I'm using Nova launcher. Not sure if it is a compatability issue.
    Just throwing it out there as to which apps etc people have tried that work good on our edge screens...

04-11-16 03:54 PM
    Theres is THE battery indicator hehe

Posted via CB10
    04-11-16 05:24 PM
    BlackBerry should make there own app store, and make apps that utilize the edge. Samsung does this on there phones.

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    04-11-16 06:06 PM
    What is there to do with the 5 piixels on the edge? Curved screen to me is purely cosmetic.

baspeed likes this.
    04-11-16 09:15 PM
    What is there to do with the 5 piixels on the edge? Curved screen to me is purely cosmetic.

Use full when gaming, i center my finger on the edge so my turn radius is more accurate. Rather than going from straight up to paralel on the local dpad, it smooths out the diameter of my range.

Then again if your looking to play emulators on the priv, I'd go ahead and use the PKB Drastic did this just for us priv users.
    04-11-16 09:48 PM
    The Side Apps Bar - Edge Sidebar (Google Play - Side Apps Bar - Edge Sidebar) works perfectly.
    krocca2 likes this.
    04-18-16 11:34 AM
    Drupe is nice

04-18-16 11:36 AM
    What edge?

Posted via me and the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-18-16 11:46 AM
    Has anyone heard anything about apps that might be coming down the line that use the edge of the screen like the battery indicator?

It would be nice to have a stock ticker or hangouts or whatsapp messages move across exactly like the battery charge indicator moves along the edge?

Seems to me the tech is there but I'm no techie.

Thoughts? Thx

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android PRIV
    ardakca and FF22 like this.
    04-19-16 01:31 AM
    The Side Apps Bar - Edge Sidebar (Google Play - Side Apps Bar - Edge Sidebar) works perfectly.
    It does seem to work. But my question is if it works the same on FLAT screen phones without a curved edge?? If so, it is not really employing the curved edge technology. But it does provide another way to get to some popular apps without having to swipe from page to page.
    04-19-16 09:45 AM
    Thanks for the advice. I am using Eset Mobile security on my device which is preventing me to download this app. Here is the screen shot of the message

Blackberry Priv on Etisalat 4G Network
    Attached Thumbnails Priv Edge Apps-51594.jpg  
    04-19-16 10:03 AM
    Edge color notification is coo .
    04-19-16 10:35 AM
    I believe the edges on the PRIV are largely cosmetic and to perhaps shave some weight from an already heavy device. I write that because the display on the PRIV barely extends into each curve whereas on the GS6/GS7 Edge the displays utilize the entire screens. So in reality, the display in the PRIV is flat.

Posted via CB PRIV.
    04-19-16 11:49 AM
    Has anyone heard anything about apps that might be coming down the line that use the edge of the screen like the battery indicator?

It would be nice to have a stock ticker or hangouts or whatsapp messages move across exactly like the battery charge indicator moves along the edge?

Seems to me the tech is there but I'm no techie.

Thoughts? Thx

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android PRIV
    IMO it won't really be that useful. The curvature isn't that much, you can hardly read any text scrolling down it. The battery indicator already shows text (X minutes to full charge), and you have to be facing the phone front to read that text.
    04-19-16 12:05 PM
    If you use advanced gestures and you put the fone face down.
    You can still see who is texting or phoning without lifing the phone...
    04-19-16 12:10 PM
    I'm using the app "All in one gestures" to swipe from the left to launch the Hub and swipe from the right to simulate the Back button.
    Does it from any screen and isn't a launcher (just an app), and doesn't need root.
    Excellent for productivity, and free too.

fanisk likes this.
    04-19-16 04:57 PM